[Q] Debrand Dead End: Nokia Product Support Tool V5

Search This thread
Aug 25, 2012
I've downloaded an unbranded stock UK ROM (i think) for a Nokia 1020 64Gb to replace the O2 rubbish.

It is file

RM875_3051.40000.1345.1003_RETAIL_eu_euro1_212_03_336753_prd_signed.ffu

It was automatically downloaded to C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-875

I try to 'make' Product Support Tools for Store 5.0 find the download. It will not.

Regardless of which folder I place the download in (and alter the supposed location path) all the Recovery Tool sees is the software
already installed on the Nokia 1020 - filename. It defaults to this file.

RM875_059T1Z9_3051.40000.1345.1003_062.vpl

This is the nasty O2 branded crap already on the Nokia 1020 and all it wants to find.
Have I just downloaded another O2 branded rom ?

Dead end and out of ideas.

All answers on a postcard please to Muppet The Wonder Dog.

Do I have to remove something that makes it default to the installed
version of software ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Aug 25, 2012

The download was successful. The 059T1V6 files are downloaded to C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-875. I used NaviFirm+ to download.

Alas, Product Support Tool for Store 5.0 does not want to locate the files. Why ? I have moved the files (and changed the path) to different locations in an attempt to persuade the software to locate the 059T1V6 files. But NO ...it will not.

Every time I try to change the address path to where I've moved the files is adds "\Products" to the path address. Not helpful.
When I create the path it thinks it wants .C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-875\Products...and place the files in this folder..it still refuses to locate the files.

Going round in ever decreasing circles.

Thanks in advance Anaheim.

Aug 25, 2012

The reason I paid & used NaviFirm+ to DL the FW is the DL worked.
I am unable to get Nokia Data Manager to accept any text entry in any of its fields to start a DL.
I am unable to get Nokia Product Support Tool V5 to see/locate the (apparently) identical FW downloaded via NaviFirm+ to start the 'Recovery' process.

I'm on fully patched W7 (x64)

It's a mystery.

Aug 25, 2012
If you are in offline mode in the Data Package Manager (and according to the screenshot, you are) you can not DL the ROM.

Similarly for Product Support Tool, why did you connect directly your Lumia?

Follow the tutorial that I provided and you will get there.If you are unable to properly follow the steps (in most it's extremely detailed and with the screenshots), sorry but I can not help you.

As I said the problem is not in the downloading of the ROM.
It was very easy in NaviFirm+. I recommend the software for its simplicity and ease of use.

I have identical ROMs downloaded via Nokia Data Package & NaviFirm+.

The problem appears that the data path in Product Support Tool for Store V5.0 appends as a suffix '\Products' to the data download path. This is not the default path given from the Data Package Manager. The path is not user editable. If I create the additional folder and move the files to the folder it says it is looking for.... the Nokia package still fails to locate the FW it is trying to Recover. There are no screenshots to illustrate any error message. There is no error message.

I appreciate that it is very difficult to convey the exact steps in unambiguous English. I have been very fortunate in both multiple JailBreaks and the application of Cyanogen Mod to a collection of Samsungs..

triturbo

Jan 5, 2016
Teteven
Sorry for the thread necro. I have an O2 1020 64GB as well and want to rebrand it, but for love nor money I can't find from where to download the firmware, all sources are down. Any input is appreciated!

PepperdotNet

Oct 10, 2014
Sorry for the thread necro. I have an O2 1020 64GB as well and want to rebrand it, but for love nor money I can't find from where to download the firmware, all sources are down. Any input is appreciated!
One possibility would be to use thor2 to change the product code on the device, then let the WDRT do its job.

Top Liked Posts