[Q] Horrible Battery life on Droid Razr Xt912

Search This thread

ahmar2

Feb 7, 2013
Lahore
Hello,
I got a used Droid Razr Xt912 (Verizon version) 4 days ago. Android 4.1.2 was pre-installed on it with lots of Verizon Bloatware. So to get rid of it I decided to root it right away. As I am new to rooting I read few tutorials and downloaded Droid Razr Utility. I flashed Offiicial JB firmware and wiped all the Data. It completed successfully. Then I tried to root the phone by using Razr Blade 4.1 Root Exploit by djrbliss.

After completing these steps , I restarted the phone . But when I checked with Root Checker I found out that phone was not rooted successfully. And SuperUser app is not there.

Anyhow the phone is working properly but I am getting horrible battery life. On full charge with wifi, data, and GPS off and lowest brightness the battery drains in 8-10 hours. With moderate use battery isn't even lasting 4 hours.

I never had a chance to test the battery life prior to flashing. So I am not really sure what is happening.

Here is what I am getting in my phone about menu:

98.72.16 XT912 Verizon.en.Us
Android version 4.1.2

Any help on what could be cause of it and how to solve this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Ahmar

SoccerRef12

May 17, 2012
Lampasas
I've had great success with Matt's utility, which can be found here on the xda-developers website. That should get you rooted successfully and improve your battery. Good luck!