New Htc Sense

Search This thread

mmanjj

May 8, 2009
Tampa,FL
Just saw the videos from the htc desire Z and wow. The main thing I want is that htc fast boot. It literally took the phone 4 seconds to boot up. You think we will ever see the light of day on that for our Evos?

Is that an Evo in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

mmanjj

May 8, 2009
Tampa,FL
Yea. If they can do it for sliders it shouldn't be too hard to do it officially for our phones. Love that boot up speed...

Is that an Evo in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

NCHEVYHEVN

Oct 9, 2009
Apex
I was more excited about landscape sense. The fastboot is defiantly cool but a feature that isn't too useful since my phone is pretty much always on.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
I was sort of hoping maybe Sprint & HTC would do an update for the EVO . Since we have a kickstand and all.

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
Yeah that fast boot was pretty impressive.
All sorts of HTC love going on today. Wild.

spy_owl2

Feb 2, 2009
Yeah that fast boot was pretty impressive.
All sorts of HTC love going on today. Wild.

I don't have the audio so please correct me if I'm wrong; but to me it looked like they demonstrated the startup time for Sense, not the whole phone. i.e. Android will still take its usual time to start up, it's just the Sense portion of it (the very last part before you see the unlock screen) will be faster. If that's true, overall it will be a marginal improvement.

evilecho

Dec 30, 2005
I don't have the audio so please correct me if I'm wrong; but to me it looked like they demonstrated the startup time for Sense, not the whole phone. i.e. Android will still take its usual time to start up, it's just the Sense portion of it (the very last part before you see the unlock screen) will be faster. If that's true, overall it will be a marginal improvement.

HTC GUY: And that's the boot, its ready to use.
Camera Guy: Was that the whole boot
HTC GUY: Yes, we've done a lot to improve boot time etc.

So I'm guessing it is the boot time.

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
While some have noticed that the "fastboot" was incredibly fast another video showed the phone booting up and taking longer.

Read somewhere, was a couple hours ago, that a reboot was the speedier of the two, not necessarily powering up a cold phone. Is that the case? Maybe I misread, but I forgot where I saw it so I can't really go back and read again ... maybe I missed something. And I probably did, have been drinking. :rolleyes:

Last-Chance

Aug 16, 2010
why do you guys want landscape sense? don't see a use for it. But I do like the new status bar and the customization as well.

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
I would like landscape sense because, if I were to be using a sense ROM, I constantly hold the phone in landscape. So when I go from here to homescreen I have to turn the phone, which is incredibly taxing for me :)rolleyes:) and this would solve the issue.

As it stands, have used CM6 damn near the whole time it's been out, but I understand why people want it. A buddy got his new Evo and this was something I noticed. He'd go from portrait to landscape to portrait to landscape and he was like, dude, this is getting old. I had to agree with him. I know the widget solution ... yeah, sure, but it looks awkward.

PlankLongBeard

May 24, 2010
On The Moon!
This has to be released for the Evo, its HTC sense.. so it should arrive on the incredible too.. if they only choose 1ghz devices. What I'm wondering is how and when will this be implemented.

They're launching htcsense.com next month, maybe this will include updates for in use devices.

Sent From The Moon... :)