READ THIS NOW !!!•••POST ALL ICS AND ICS RELATED INFO HERE ONLY !!!!!

Search This thread

habylab

Dec 3, 2010
Just read that some people on twitter are getting the update in the UK. Not long now.

#ICS has just hit our #ASUS Eee pad here in the UK thank you Asus -- bashSudo└░█ ░▌░▒▓█┘ (@bashargaza)

In fact Marcus Wilks commented on the UK Asus Facebook page as well saying so, as well as twitter.

Sent from my lag free TeamHackSamsung CM9 Build 16 Galaxy S using the XDA Premium app

Last edited:

shigoga

Aug 18, 2010
Question!
i have a UK transformer, but i'm located in the middle east at the moment, my transformer is rooted, it has CWM, and i flashed a different firmware so i'd be able to overclock it.

i also missed an OTA update or two,

do i need to flash back to stock? if i remember correctly factory reset doesn't change the firmware back to stock right?

how do i go about updating with the least amount of work?

funem

Asus UK twitter feed says UK version release is unknown as yet but their Facebook page says :-

ASUS United Kingdom

Those of you with your finger firmly on the tech news pulse will have already noticed that the ICS update for TF101 is rolling out in Taiwan today.

The OTA update will, barring security issues, be starting in the UK tomorrow so keep a steady eye on your devices and let us know when you get it and what you think!

That was posted 12 hours ago, so hopefully it will be tomorrow, erm being today.

Asus UK FB - http://t.co/FGXHpLiM

hapahopi

Sep 14, 2009
Somewhereville
Just a heads up before updating to ICS. Make sure that you did not edit your build.prop
so updating will proceed smoothly. Had a couple of update failures only to find out from the recovery log something about the build.prop. I copied back my original build.prop and updated without the android with exclamation mark. Was surprised also that root was preserved. B60 with TW series.

swqlin

Aug 27, 2008
Just a heads up before updating to ICS. Make sure that you did not edit your build.prop
so updating will proceed smoothly. Had a couple of update failures only to find out from the recovery log something about the build.prop. I copied back my original build.prop and updated without the android with exclamation mark. Was surprised also that root was preserved. B60 with TW series.

Can you upload the build.prop you use to update ics? thx

Munchi3s

Feb 22, 2011
The Excitement is Mounting

I ordered a factory refurbished 16gb ASUS Transformer last Sunday. I will get here tomorrow. Should I root the transformer before updating to ICS? I don't want to be stuck with any bloatware and I want to make sure I get all my root apps quickly. Any tips or suggestions?

xlcjw72

Feb 20, 2010
I ordered a factory refurbished 16gb ASUS Transformer last Sunday. I will get here tomorrow. Should I root the transformer before updating to ICS? I don't want to be stuck with any bloatware and I want to make sure I get all my root apps quickly. Any tips or suggestions?

i would not just for the bloat but, you would have access to the roms that people make. they make it so much better, that and cm9 is coming

taitony

Dec 21, 2006
Taipei
Root ICS

I've rooted TF-101 that upgraded to ICS. I use the 1-click tool to root it. That is the tool: viperMOD PrimeTime v4.5.

Please select option 1 and it is really one-click.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Follow my steps:

1. Do not root your device until OTA finish.
2. Use this One-Click tool to root your ICS TF-101. Just select option 1 no matter it say for Prime (TF-201).

luna_c666

Dec 30, 2011
I've rooted TF-101 that upgraded to ICS. I use the 1-click tool to root it. That is the tool: viperMOD PrimeTime v4.5.

Please select option 1 and it is really one-click.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Follow my steps:

1. Do not root your device until OTA finish.
2. Use this One-Click tool to root your ICS TF-101. Just select option 1 no matter it say for Prime (TF-201).

What S/N are you? I am B70 and can NVFlash, but like some others neither ViperMOD nor Nachoroot would work once I updated to the TW version, had to NVFlash back to a WW/US version to regain root.

pzboyz

Dec 14, 2005
a UK user here, no ICS available last night or this morning. hopefull it will be done when i get back from work this evening.

Reactions: nedmundo

zpiders

Jan 20, 2012
Still waiting here in the UK. been patient for a long time so I guess I can wait a few more hours!

Top Liked Posts