[Q] Galaxy Nexus LTE(Sprint) or HTC EVO 4G LTE(Sprint)

So Galaxy Nexus LTE(Sprint) or HTC EVO 4G LTE(Sprint)?

• HTC EVO 4G LTE(Sprint)

Votes: 31 86.1%
  • Galaxy Nexus LTE(Sprint)

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

johamsandwich

Jun 7, 2010
I'm leaning towards the EVO also.

Better specs, and I think the community will be great once rooting is available.

Plus, having that microsd slot will let me keep all of my media from taking up app install space :D

jonathan.strunk

Dec 16, 2010
Georgia
if I can make myself wait long enough, i'm going with the EVO for three reasons.

1. Great Camera (I use my EVO 4G camera daily), with dedicated camera button and super fast camera response on the tested One X
2. I love HTC Sense
3. Slighly bigger battery

I was really excited when I heard about the new Nexus and i was sure that's what i would get. Even when the EVO was first leaked, i wasn't impressed because I didn't care for the two texture backside. But the more I found out about it, the more I like it.

tatical

Sep 22, 2009
I'm going for the EVO (or GS III). I thought I'd be getting a Galaxy Nexus for sure, but when I read about the EVO 4G LTE I totally changed my mind. Here's my reasons:

-Better S4 A15 CPU @ 1.5GHz (the G Nexus still has an A9 CPU) Its almost like 'Core i7 vs Core 2 Duo'
-The dual-core A15 based CPU is just as fast as quad-core A9 CPU in benchmarks
-Better & WAY quicker camera (the camera was just OK when i used it in the Verizon store)
-I have a Nexus S 4G with ICS [rooted], the Galaxy Nexus was faster, but not by much (to me anyway...)
-The bigger battery
-I really like the ICS interface, but the light-weight Sense 4.0 just looks so fast (it could just be the speedy S4 though)
-The Super LCD-2 screen (although I haven't seen it in person...)

In the end, I might root the EVO with a bloat-free ROM anyway (or root only). The Galaxy Nexus is a good phone, but the EVO is a better choice for me long term (it should run Android 5.0 better than the Nexus).

abit4u

Jul 15, 2010
I was almost sure I'll be getting the Galaxy Nexus until I saw the Evo 4G LTE. If the Galaxy S 3 is coming anytime soon I'll wait. Otherwise I'll make my final decision when I hold both phone in my hands.

TheSeanR

Jul 26, 2010
I'm going for the EVO (or GS III). I thought I'd be getting a Galaxy Nexus for sure, but when I read about the EVO 4G LTE I totally changed my mind. Here's my reasons:

In the end, I might root the EVO with a bloat-free ROM anyway (or root only). The Galaxy Nexus is a good phone, but the EVO is a better choice for me long term (it should run Android 5.0 better than the Nexus).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's assuming it gets it, you'll still even want the phone, look how long it takes for them to update phones

desertfox154

Mar 30, 2012
Yeah, a while back I was thinking of upgrading to a Nexus, but then saw the EVO and I think I'm leaning towards that. The sd slot is a big plus for me. Either way, it'll be a grand improvement over my Hero...

greg.dassing

Jun 18, 2010
Elkridge, MD
I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed...I have a work badge that I use to unlock doors at my work (via proximity by tapping the reader...I assume its NFC?). Will the HTC EVO LTE be able to read my badge and replicate its NFC signal so I can use it instead of my badge? Just curious...thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am at the moment choosing the HTC Evo 4G LTE, Only because its S4 krait processor is much, much better than the OMAP 4460 in the Galaxy Nexus. May prove to have the brawn to play 720p 10-bit mkv's (anime) on the CPU (when GPU Acceleration is not allowed). I tested the Nexus (in store demo) on that front and it lags, otherwise plays video, audio, subs fine, just the video lags. Only because it doesn't support the videos format for GPU Acceleration. I dont know though... maybe OC'ing it would've been enough. But regardless the Evo4GLTE is proving to be quite the runner up.

I may have chosen the Evo over the nexus, but i would still love to have the nexus only because i know it'll have development support first. (being a google device and all).

Of course if i could have both, then id be even happier. And that's maybe what i'll do, Get both so i can switch back and forth to aid in deciding which one wins (after full development support is in full swing for both devices). I have a strong feeling the Evo may be the winner if and when CM9 is ported to it fully working.

i Also think the Non-Pentile screen on the Evo works in its favor. The Nexus's Super AMOLED is pretty, just a tad over saturated in colors a bit, in my opinion.

(Update: Also you're forgetting the Evo well also have all the sensors "Compass (Magnetometer), Proximity, Ambient light, Gyroscope,
    Accelerometer" minus the barometer.)

(Update 2: And not only is the S4 Processor better than the OMAP 4460, but the Adreno 225 GPU (Found in the S4 Krait SOC) is multitudes better than that crummy SGX 540 GPU)

(Update 3 - 4/07/12: And then i saw this video about the design, and i actually think the Evo LTE is a lot sexier than i gave it credit for.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pNlGtUPuabs#!

Look at how THIN that thing is when the guy is holding it up to his face!!! It has the back shape of an 4G iPod Touch made with material of the iPhone 3G/s Gloss and HTC Sensation Metallic finish. And Edges like the iPhone 4's metal outer rim/antenna, with the added bonus of it being unibody. (minus the Glossy polycarbonate flap that is removable)
    Galaxy Nexus LTE(Sprint) or HTC EVO 4G LTE(Sprint)

Hi everybody, my Sprint contract is due to end in a couple days and I'm just wondering which of these two great phone I should get. For my needs they are basically the same, the aspect that matters the most to me is developer support. I happen to own an EVO 4G right now and had awesome dev support with it, just hoping to have the same luck with the next phone.

Anyway for those of you who don't know the specs here they are....

EVO 4G LTE(sprint):

Screen size (diagonal): 4.7 inches
    Technology: Super LCD
    Resolution: 1280px by 720px
    NFC support: Yes
    Processor Manufacturer: Qualcomm
    Processor Brand / family: Snapdragon S4
    Processor Clock speed: 1.5 GHz
    Number of cores: 2
    GPU: ?
    RAM size: 1 GB
    Internal Storage size: 16 GB