Poor battery life all of а sudden.

Search This thread

sizzlers

Oct 30, 2010
Burgas
Rooted wifi version with slimkat rom and Franco kernel. Guys hello, so I have bought nexus December. First months okay. All is fine but recently it got strange in battery department. I can barely squeeze 4 hours of screen time. I got everything in terms of background apps running. No drops of the tablet or hits or anything. Brightness is at 15/20 percent all time. Should I blame the rom?Should I flash other rom or go to default software and return it since it's under warranty. I never read any complains bout my problem over Internet so I'm asking here. Before games would run 4/5 hours screen time now 2 hours max and no matter what I do battery just drops steadily. I ve done reset day ago. No wake locks, no background apps running iv been and know this scenarios.

P. S
sorry for English

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Andromendous

Feb 15, 2014
I posted a similar problem in the general section, hopefully 4.4.3 will help with this, but if its just you and me, then maybe its slimkat, cus thats what im running also....

D

Deleted member 5163087

Do you have the deb or the flo?
&
What are you using to identify which apps are running in the background (i.e. an app)?

If it's not a rogue application or wakelock, I would probably try flashing a different kernel and test it out for a couple days. If your problem persists, I would flash stock and use it for a week. I always recommend flashing to stock so you can get a reliable baseline to compare it too. If you are on stock and still exhibit the same problem, I would play the warranty card.

That's at least what I would do.

sizzlers

Oct 30, 2010
Burgas
Do you have the deb or the flo?
&
What are you using to identify which apps are running in the background (i.e. an app)?

If it's not a rogue application or wakelock, I would probably try flashing a different kernel and test it out for a couple days. If your problem persists, I would flash stock and use it for a week. I always recommend flashing to stock so you can get a reliable baseline to compare it too. If you are on stock and still exhibit the same problem, I would play the warranty card.

That's at least what I would do.

With Flo and using better battery stats and greenify.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app