Unlocking bootloader allowed, why not root?

Search This thread

Supish

Dec 23, 2008
San Diego
But id have to downgrade my firmware. And my data would be erased. Seems so needless

Sent from my C6906 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Fiso

Dec 21, 2013
But id have to downgrade my firmware. And my data would be erased. Seems so needless

Sent from my C6906 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That's only to back up TA upgrading with root from 4.2.2 is to 4.3 or 4.4 is not supported.
Upgrade to stock then unlock

Also I think losing all data is a sacrifice worth it besidesvyou can back up data Sony provides you with the tools or just copy SD card to desktop and restore when done.

OOORRRRRRRR.....

You can get pre-rooted firmware here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2711982
Backup TA and unlock(if you want but I'm getting the sense that you just want root)

The last option is the preferred one no downgrade pain nonsense.

And finally to answer your Question: Sony is gonna Sony they say they don't mind you unlocking boot loader but the remove the good stuff like BIONZ. Now just imagine with root in which they never claimed to not mind about.

yup owns Z1 and stuff.

Last edited:

Supish

Dec 23, 2008
San Diego
That's only to back up TA upgrading with root from 4.2.2 is to 4.3 or 4.4 is not supported.
Upgrade to stock then unlock

Also I think losing all data is a sacrifice worth it besidesvyou can back up data Sony provides you with the tools or just copy SD card to desktop and restore when done.

OOORRRRRRRR.....

You can get pre-rooted firmware here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2711982
Backup TA and unlock(if you want but I'm getting the sense that you just want root)

The last option is the preferred one no downgrade pain nonsense.

And finally to answer your Question: Sony is gonna Sony they say they don't mind you unlocking boot loader but the remove the good stuff like BIONZ. Now just imagine with root in which they never claimed to not mind about.

yup owns Z1 and stuff.

Ive checked my phone on *#*#SERVICE#*#* and it says bootloader unlock allowed: no. What do you recommend I do?

Fiso

Dec 21, 2013
Ive checked my phone on *#*#SERVICE#*#* and it says bootloader unlock allowed: no. What do you recommend I do?

As for unlocking bootloader there's no hope. But you can still get root by flashing pre-rooted firmware in the link I provided in previous post. Just follow the locked bootloader instructions.

yup owns Z1 and stuff. Also if I've helped you don't forget to hit THANKS - actions speak louder that words.

Last edited:
Reactions: juampick

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

As for unlocking bootloader there's no hope. But you can still get root by flashing pre-rooted firmware in the link I provided in previous post. Just follow the locked bootloader instructions.

yup owns Z1 and stuff. Also if I've helped you don't forget to hit THANKS - actions speak louder that words.