[Q] Need help reverting back to pure stock

Search This thread

BenSow

Aug 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
If the sdcard is empty, that means something is hogging your space somewhere in /data. What version of Android were you on before and now?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

True enough /data has like 13gb as shown in the photo. I was from 4.3 and am on 4.0.4 now uploadfromtaptalk1398559872741.jpg

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

BenSow

Aug 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm, try searching in /data/media or download SD Maid from play store and let it search for junk.

There are loads of files inside like 12GB. How do i clean that? I'm planning to flash a new rom already so might as well do it together, can it be done from cwm? Clearing /data directory. Also I can't find Slimsaber 4.3 to flash is it removed?

eushaun99

Feb 8, 2013
Subang Jaya
There are loads of files inside like 12GB. How do i clean that? I'm planning to flash a new rom already so might as well do it together, can it be done from cwm? Clearing /data directory. Also I can't find Slimsaber 4.3 to flash is it removed?

You can try clearing /data, since that's what you need to do before a flash anyway. SlimSaber is here. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48031725

BenSow

Aug 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
You can try clearing /data, since that's what you need to do before a flash anyway. SlimSaber is here. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48031725

Ok something bad happened, ended up flashing OMNI 4.3 and everything's fine but I have one issue. My current /sdcard directory is like inside the /sdcard directory of my previous ROM (stock) :eek: With file explorers and my PC I can only view the current /sdcard directory but when v"installing zip from sdcard" I can see that they created an entirely new /sdcard directory for my omni rom, inside my stock ROM's /sdcard directory ._. Can I fix this? I'm afraid of space issues later on

eushaun99

Feb 8, 2013
Subang Jaya
Ok something bad happened, ended up flashing OMNI 4.3 and everything's fine but I have one issue. My current /sdcard directory is like inside the /sdcard directory of my previous ROM (stock) :eek: With file explorers and my PC I can only view the current /sdcard directory but when v"installing zip from sdcard" I can see that they created an entirely new /sdcard directory for my omni rom, inside my stock ROM's /sdcard directory ._. Can I fix this? I'm afraid of space issues later on

Ah man, I hate this problem. :p

Use a root browser and go to /data/media. Your files by right should be in /data/media/0 in 4.3 and above. If its still in /data/media, copy them and paste it inside the 0 directory. If its in /data/media/0/0/whatever, copy them out to the first 0. In /data/media there should only be 3 or 4 folders: 0, legacy, obb and if you're using cwm, the clockworkmod folder.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK I will try. I'm running CM10.2 a custom ROM so can I use the factory reset option in system settings? Because CWM wipe data doesn't wipe a lot of things :/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

yes you can use the factory reset and it will wipe everything.... from cache to dalvik cache to data..
    the system folder and some other folders will only be intact as they contain the rom related files....
    OK I will try. I'm running CM10.2 a custom ROM so can I use the factory reset option in system settings? Because CWM wipe data doesn't wipe a lot of things :/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Do this:
    1. Wipe data/factory reset in cwm
    2. Wipe system
    3. Wipe cache
    4. Wipe dalvik
    5. Wipe internal memory or sdcard or /data/media (I forgot what its called in cwm)
    Then boot into download mode and Odin flash the stock ROM.

FYI, the other guy was wrong, sammobile offers ROMs and not kernels. And, HEY, I'M FROM MALAYSIA TOO! :D