the 4.4.X update - discussion thread

Search This thread

DarkMage619

Jun 20, 2010
A lot of people are very confused on the SD card changes. YOU DO NOT LOSE SD CARD access! The change was that if an app created a folder on your SD card to store stuff, another app cannot access and make changes to it (Which is how it should have been from the beginning). There are many reasons as to why this is the better way (many security related as well as programming related scenarios).

This means that each app can create and write changes to SD card folders it creates and no other folder. The app has to be the creator of the folder it's making changes to.. that makes sense right?! You can still put all the music and pictures and documents you want on the SD card and they will still work like in the past. A few apps had to be updated because they were doing things the old way, but that's been done and you shouldn't have any issues that people had when the change first was done.

4.4 adds a host of new features, bug fixes, network efficiency enhancements and security patches (some are very serious and if you're still on 4.3, your phone is at risk daily). I highly suggest everyone upgrade. If you have any particular issue, private message me and I will help you address it!

I'm glad you said this. If you looked at one of my earlier posts I had a link to an article that explained the sd card change. I am well aware of what happened. Perhaps you can answer me one simple question. How many play store apps did malicious things to the sd card? I've been using android for years and I've never seen it. My phone has never been hacked or corrupted and I highly doubt many people were complaining about sd card issues before the changes. The kit kat changes were a solution in search of a problem. Why would I want an app to to create a private folder on my sd card that gets removed if I uninstall that app? I WANT my apps to have access to my sd card! I WANT to back up my apps using backup pro to my sd card not the cloud! And I sure as Hell don't want those back ups deleted if I remove the app! Google can talk security all day long but it's my phone and I'll handle it's security. I don't need or want a major corporation to do it for me! I have read enough testimonials to know kitkat is bad business. Like I said for those who think Google knows what's best for their devices more power to them but I'll take care of my device myself thank you very much.

Reactions: bipoler

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There will be another update in May to bring us the GS5 look and you can believe me or not I dont care I told you all about this update and I wasn't wrong now wait for the next update in May

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    And please don't ask me for pics of the update charts becausa I really can't do that I don't want to loose my job for that but I will let you all know when there is something coming

GREAT NEWS Everyone! Samsung released the kitkat source code for our N900T today!

It's labeled N900TUVUCNB4.

Means we should be getting it VERY SOON!

You can download it by going to http://opensource.samsung.com/ and in the search field type N900T. The filename is SM-N900T_NA_KK_Opensource.zip

Enjoy!
    Yes there is an issue with the GPS not activating on some devices we have the update in our service center and on some devices it works flawless and on other devices it doesn't TMO already has the update and knows about it but its just a minor fix the update is still on track for Wednesday any changes and I will let you all know

Everyone who questioned Razierpr as to the validity of him informing that the update would come out today owes him a big apology here.

Thanks Razierpr for the information. I am stock unrooted and downloading over wifi the OTA to the phone. Thanks again for your information.

Ian B