[TOOL] Odin3 v 1.70

Search This thread

Master™

Sep 24, 2010
Came across a newer version of Odin3 on Samfirmware.com in their Galaxy Tab firmware section.

note: I repackaged the zip from Samfirmware.com because it contained a .pit file for the tab, and I didn't want someone making the mistake of using it....

File attached...

Edit::
Thanks........

Last edited:

masterotaku

Jul 22, 2010
Spartanburg S.C.
Beware!!! It wouldn't open for me && I got a virus popup!!

After seeing what you said above I double checked the original download from samfirmware.com and my .rar

It's 1k smaller than 1.52, has a different build date (August 8th for 1.52...October 1 for 1.7).....runs fine on 3 systems here, and caused no virus popups...

You might have something else going on not related to this......

Master™

Sep 24, 2010
After seeing what you said above I double checked the original download from samfirmware.com and my .rar

It's 1k smaller than 1.52, has a different build date (August 8th for 1.52...October 1 for 1.7).....runs fine on 3 systems here, and caused no virus popups...

Nope, pretty sure not.
It wasn't only me who got a warning.

masterotaku

Jul 22, 2010
Spartanburg S.C.
Nope, pretty sure not.
It wasn't only me who got a warning.

Well i've yet to get a popup, it works (just flashed JI6 to test), and is not 20k larger on my systems (as the other poster claimed)....dunno....

Sometimes antivirus popups result from false positives as well, but I''ll triple check to be sure...

Since I'm the original poster however I'll keep looking into this, to see if I'm missing something....

n2ishun

Jul 30, 2010
I just grabbed it, scanned it rar'd and unpacked with Kaspersky 11.0
Ran fine, no bugs found.

masterotaku

Jul 22, 2010
Spartanburg S.C.
I just grabbed it, scanned it rar'd and unpacked with Kaspersky 11.0
Ran fine, no bugs found.

Just scanned it with Kaspersky and AVG....clean as a bell...

I'm thinking it may simply be a false positive occuring in some antivir or antimalware package....or someone is infected with something they only now realized...

Oh well...as with all downloads......caveat emptor. ;)

n2ishun

Jul 30, 2010
I did...that is why I posted that I checked it as a rar and then I checked it again unpacked.
I also tested it's functionality, it works fine.
No bugs.

r0man

Apr 17, 2009
Seattle
try taking it out of the zip then running it.
I have tried to download it twice, it won't open && I am getting virus popups

Just scanned it with Kaspersky and AVG....clean as a bell...

I'm thinking it may simply be a false positive occuring in some antivir or antimalware package....or someone is infected with something they only now realized...

Oh well...as with all downloads......caveat emptor. ;)

8CQww.png

Doesn't seem to be a virus here, filesize is smaller, MBAM doesn't detect anything.

masterotaku

Jul 22, 2010
Spartanburg S.C.
Yeah...I'm thinking this has just tripped up someone already infected with something. I see no evidence of anything...

And I'm not trying to be all he said/she said about it either. I just want to take responsibility for the things I post. The last thing we need is me causing people grief here because I was sloppy. :)

dogboyaa1

Jul 20, 2010
Came across a newer version of Odin3 on Samfirmware.com in their Galaxy Tab firmware section.

note: I repackaged the zip from Samfirmware.com because it contained a .pit file for the tab, and I didn't want someone making the mistake of using it....

File attached...

ahhhmmmm...

Attachments

• ummm1.JPG
    ummm1.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 959
  • umm2.JPG
    umm2.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 846

mostyle

Nov 13, 2006
Langley, SC
Check this..

I prefer virus total for online scans.

Have a look here for that result.. 0/43.

I'd venture it's safe.

I also notice that he has an 'efs reset' which looks interesting.

dogboyaa1

Jul 20, 2010
I agree. I never received a virus alert. But I was comparing the sizes and the versions in Version tab w/ a couple of Odin exes I have around.

And they are all 1.0.0.1, and the file in question is alittle bigger than the other three I had.

masterotaku

Jul 22, 2010
Spartanburg S.C.

ahhhm....now I understand why you claim a huge filesize difference...You didn't pay attention to the conversation....

The file size difference appears to be because your comparing 1.70 to Odin3 v1.00 and not to v1.52, which Master™ and I were referring to...

Insofar as the reoccuring v 1.0.0.1 file version in details.....Chalk that up to Samsung being lazy with their compiler. :p

Odin 3 v1.00 is old, buggy and not a version I'd advise using on a phone. This (1.70) is the fourth version of Odin3 I've come across....Past time to upgrade. :)

A lot of people still use v1.00 successfully....but on older 32bit systems...v1.00 causes many significant problems however and I stopped using it a long time ago which has completely halted any and all stalls I commonly encountered when using Odin...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:

dogboyaa1

Jul 20, 2010
ahhhm....now I understand why you claim a huge filesize difference...You didn't pay attention to the conversation....

The file size difference appears to be because your comparing 1.70 to Odin3 v1.00 and not to v1.52, which Master™ and I were referring to...

Insofar as the reoccuring v 1.0.0.1 file version in details.....Chalk that up to Samsung being lazy with their compiler. :p

Odin 3 v1.00 is old, buggy and not a version I'd advise using on a phone. This (1.70) is the fourth version of Odin3 I've come across....Past time to upgrade. :)

A lot of people still use v1.00 successfully....but on older 32bit systems...v1.00 causes many significant problems however and I stopped using it a long time ago which has completely halted any and all stalls I commonly encountered when using Odin...

I stand corrected master...and yes samsung is retarded about keeping them the same. Thx for the lesson :)

Klyentel

Aug 23, 2009
Cary, NC
bit.ly
Works just fine on my system, Windows 7 64 bit, using Norton anti-virus and Microsoft Security Essentials...

no problems unzipping, and my downloads get scanned as they download, so nothing ever makes it my computer if its infected.

@ OP, good find, thanks for sharing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

File attached...

Agreed, same version but is 20k larger. Virus injected Odin.

YPnos: I don't use a menu key to get into download mode, try this

Turn off the phone, pull out the battery, sim card, and microSD card if any.

connect the micro usb cable to the phone and the other end to your computer

press and hold vol up/down and power all at the same time, and then put the battery back in while still holding these

its going to turn on, when the screen is black release just the power button but keep holding the volume up and down.

I just tried it on my phone, the battery charging icon even came up, but it goes away as long as your still holding the buttons. When it goes away release the power button and the digging robot shows up
    plz give the pass cause when ive scan it with the barcode with my galaxy s but it gives me a link but id doesnt want to download plz give tha pass

Here ya go...

http://www.mediafire.com/?fn555rtv5lbonws

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda app-developers app