[APP][2.1+] Rocket Player 2.0 Beta: Themes, Gestures and more

Search This thread

JRT Studio

Apr 3, 2011
Rocket Player 2.0 Beta: Themes, Gestures and more

As the developer of the iTunes to Android syncing application iSyncr as well as Android Music Player, I’m proud to bring the newest version of Rocket Player 2.0, my latest free Android music player, to XDA for beta testing! Version 2.0 is going to be exclusively beta tested on XDA because XDA users are passionate about great apps and making them better. I welcome constructive criticism and feedback to make Rocket Player what you want it to be.

New Features

• Personalize Rocket Player with purple and blue downloadable themes
  • Flip through your tracks faster than ever with new album art gesture support
  • Shuffle smarter with a new algorithm
  • Add a playlist to another playlist to save time
  • Save the “Now Playing” playlist as a new playlist to keep permanently
  • Customize your lockscreen with the new lockscreen widget (4.2+)
Bug Fixes
  • Performance improvements
  • Fixed disc number tag editing issue
  • Folder back button is always visible now
  • Better bluetooth detection for a smoother auto start when auto starting with bluetooth connections
  • Fixed issues with playing songs from a file browser app

I am relying on the XDA community to help me out with this release to test these new features and give me the feedback I need to make this a badass release. (If you are new to Rocket Player, check out the existing features)

-Justin

Updated 5/3/2013
Rocket Player 2.0 is now available for free in the Play Store

Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Blog

device-2013-04-20-101852.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy!

Jul 20, 2010
Hi. I use the current stable Rocket player release... its good.
Great work.... :thumbup:
:)
Can you make the Play, FF and Reverse buttons flatter and more Holo-esque?
And a bit smaller too?

eulerepi

Jul 16, 2012
Better than the 1.x series!

Cool, and I like the Chrome theme. One issue however, which was in the 1.7.2 release also. If I give a track a rating, like five stars, it throws it to the bottom of the track list. The only way I've succeeded in correcting this issue is to unrate the track, then I have to rename the folder and rescan my library.

In all other aspects, it's my favorite player on android.

Thanks,
David
:good:

Last edited:
Reactions: JRT Studio

csos95

Apr 20, 2013
Great update!

I would like to request a new feature. In my iTunes library I have about 6,000 songs in 143 playlists and I use playlist folders to keep track of them all.
When I sync my playlists the folder its self syncs as a whole new playlist with all of the songs from the other playlists in it instead of just being a folder for the other playlists.
This makes it much harder for when I want to find a certain playlist because I have to scroll through a huge list of them instead of selecting from a few folders.

tl;dr add playlist folder support please :p

Last edited:

JRT Studio

Apr 3, 2011
Cool, and I like the Chrome theme. One issue however, which was in the 1.7.2 release also. If I give a track a rating, like five stars, it throws it to the bottom of the track list. The only way I've succeeded in correcting this issue is to unrate the track, then I have to rename the folder and rescan my library.

Thanks,
David

Yikes! This is the first I've heard of this rating issue. Can you tell me what Android device you are testing the beta on?
I'll try and reproduce our issue on the exact device or a similar device.

eulerepi

Jul 16, 2012
Followup to rating issue

Yikes! This is the first I've heard of this rating issue. Can you tell me what Android device you are testing the beta on?
I'll try and reproduce our issue on the exact device or a similar device.

Yes indeed. I should have included that in my original post. I have a Google Nexus 10, with all updates, running the stock 4.2.2 release, not rooted or anything like that.

Thank you very much!
David

eulerepi

Jul 16, 2012
Followup to rating issue

Yes indeed. I should have included that in my original post. I have a Google Nexus 10, with all updates, running the stock 4.2.2 release, not rooted or anything like that.

Thank you very much!
David

Here are screenshots of before and after I rated the song Two Way Street.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-22-17-25-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-22-17-25-19.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 949
  • Screenshot_2013-04-22-17-26-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-22-17-26-07.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 919

JRT Studio

Apr 3, 2011
And a bit smaller too?

We have considered implementing more themes.

It's great to know that you'd like to see this in a future build of Rocket Player.

Thank you for your support!

Reactions: Sleepy!

JRT Studio

Apr 3, 2011
I would like to request a new feature. In my iTunes library I have about 6,000 songs in 143 playlists and I use playlist folders to keep track of them all.
When I sync my playlists the folder its self syncs as a whole new playlist with all of the songs from the other playlists in it instead of just being a folder for the other playlists.
This makes it much harder for when I want to find a certain playlist because I have to scroll through a huge list of them instead of selecting from a few folders.

Thank you for your request - I am afraid that I don't fully understand what you'd like to see out of iSyncr & Rocket Player.

Can you tell me in a little more detail what you'd like to see in an email to MusicPlayer@JRTStudio.com?

csos95

Apr 20, 2013
Last edited:

jnewberry1

Jan 20, 2013
I take it this doesn't work with the unlocker? I have it and it still says I need it to adjust the equalizer settings.

rousseauo

Apr 23, 2013
App Crash

Hello everyone,

My app crashes randomly... I had this problem with previous version too. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S3.

When i listen music, sometimes it stops for no reason (it can happens even if i don't touch my phone), then the app seems to close and open again with the song i've listen sometimes ago as currently playing song.

Am i the only one? Any idea where my problem can came from ?

Thanks

Regards,
Olivier

JRT Studio

Apr 3, 2011
Hello everyone,

My app crashes randomly... I had this problem with previous version too. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S3.

When i listen music, sometimes it stops for no reason (it can happens even if i don't touch my phone), then the app seems to close and open again with the song i've listen sometimes ago as currently playing song.

Am i the only one? Any idea where my problem can came from ?

Thanks

Regards,
Olivier

Hi Olivier,

I think I just emailed you about this issue. Unless this is a different Olivier with an S3 and the same issue. ;)

-----
For anyone else seeing this issue in the future, the best way for me to figure out the issue is to send in a log file (Help->Support with Log) with a note of the issue right after this happens. If you keep using Rocket Player, I won't be able to tell what happened.

Reactions: rousseauo

miccar7

Feb 7, 2012
San Antonio
two questions

two questions:

1. in folders the songs are listed in alphabetical order. they should be listed in TRACK order. how can i change this?

2. when are you giving away more unlock codes?

Hi there.

It would be nice to see cue sheets support in future releases.
I have digitally backed up all my cd's into flac image + cue sheets and would like to be able to play it on my tablet for home listening.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

JRT Studio

Apr 3, 2011
two questions:

1. in folders the songs are listed in alphabetical order. they should be listed in TRACK order. how can i change this?

2. when are you giving away more unlock codes?

1.) Hmm. I don't think we can say they should be in track order. What if you have two albums in the same folder? Wouldn't it be weird to have the songs go 1-1-2-2-3-3, etc? If you want the songs in track order, you could use search or the album view.

2.) Keep an eye on our Twitter, Google+ and Facebook pages for more unlock codes. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rocket Player 2.0 Beta: Themes, Gestures and more

As the developer of the iTunes to Android syncing application iSyncr as well as Android Music Player, I’m proud to bring the newest version of Rocket Player 2.0, my latest free Android music player, to XDA for beta testing! Version 2.0 is going to be exclusively beta tested on XDA because XDA users are passionate about great apps and making them better. I welcome constructive criticism and feedback to make Rocket Player what you want it to be.

New Features

• Personalize Rocket Player with purple and blue downloadable themes
    • Flip through your tracks faster than ever with new album art gesture support
    • Shuffle smarter with a new algorithm
    • Add a playlist to another playlist to save time
    • Save the “Now Playing” playlist as a new playlist to keep permanently
    • Customize your lockscreen with the new lockscreen widget (4.2+)
    Bug Fixes
    • Performance improvements
    • Fixed disc number tag editing issue
    • Folder back button is always visible now
    • Better bluetooth detection for a smoother auto start when auto starting with bluetooth connections
    • Fixed issues with playing songs from a file browser app

I am relying on the XDA community to help me out with this release to test these new features and give me the feedback I need to make this a badass release. (If you are new to Rocket Player, check out the existing features)

-Justin

Updated 5/3/2013
    Rocket Player 2.0 is now available for free in the Play Store

Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, Blog

device-2013-04-20-101852.png
    And a bit smaller too?
    i LOVE that it's themeable!! this player rocks.
    Better than the 1.x series!

Thanks,
    David
    Great update!