[ROM][4.3.1] SlimHalo | Animation Control | Weather Panel [11/02/2013]

Search This thread

Florendroid

Feb 3, 2012
Vancouver
Patiently waiting for slimkat halo;)

+1. Slim have made good progress for the d2 devices, hope to have the first bets within next week

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

So far Slim is pretty much vanilla KitKat and they're working on adding back their features. Most of the Settings menus are still missing judging by their repo. We'll have to wait until they add their stuff back before I can try to do the same.

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
Has anyone encountered their power menu not being deployed when the power button is pressed? It mysteriously went missing on my device. The power button works, but just turns display off. Many thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sbs8331

Jan 28, 2013
Salisbury, NC
Has anyone encountered their power menu not being deployed on the power button is pressed? It mysteriously went missing on my device. The power button works, but just turns display off. Many thanks!
Maybe a stupid question, but did you hold down the power button for a second or two? Just pressing and releasing quickly will turn off the display. Pressing and holding it down should bring up the options to power off, reboot, etc.

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
Maybe a stupid question, but did you hold down the power button for a second or two? Just pressing and releasing quickly will turn off the display. Pressing and holding it down should bring up the options to power off, reboot, etc.

Good question, lol. You never know with some users. Yeah, I've held it down but the menu isn't popping up.. very strange that it was working fine for the entire time I've had this rom running on my device

sbs8331

Jan 28, 2013
Salisbury, NC
Has anyone encountered their power menu not being deployed when the power button is pressed? It mysteriously went missing on my device. The power button works, but just turns display off. Many thanks!
As a workaround, you might try the Quick Boot app. I use a swipe gesture to launch it from Nova Launcher, and it's also one of my lock screen targets. I hardly ever use the power button .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: brianray14

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
As a workaround, you might try the Quick Boot app. I use a swipe gesture to launch it from Nova Launcher, and it's also one of my lock screen targets. I hardly ever use the power button .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

I'll give it a whirl. The only option I ever use from that power menu is screenshot which also can be achieved with a button combo so.. No big deal

Sepharite

Oct 12, 2011
How's the battery life on this thing? On other roms, I get 2hour of battery... looking for 3 if possible :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone. I'm proud to present SlimHalo : SlimBean built from source + cherry-picks

mj7x.png

Features

All the Slim Bean goodies

+ Halo ( Paranoid Android/Carbon)

+ Listview animation/interpolator ( ThinkingBridge)

+ Network speed indicator (ThinkingBridge)

+ Quicksettings random colors ( Baked/Carbon)

+ Quicksettings flip animation ( Baked)

+ Vibration Multiplier (LiquidSmooth)

+ Quicksettings Camera Tile (LiquidSmooth/CM)

+ AppSidebar (ChameleonOS/Beanstalk)

+ Animation Control (AOKP)

+ Active Display (Chameleon OS)

+ AOKP status bar Weather Panel

Download / Installation

*Download Rom here and MAKE SURE IT'S FOR YOUR DEVICE !!!
    *Follow instructions from Slim website (you need the latest recovery !!)

older builds :
    2013-10-26
    2013-10-20
    2013-10-13

Credits & Links

This is not my own ROM. I did nothing but build Slim from source and cherry-picked features that are not my own work ! So all the credits go to :
    * SlimRom team (obviously). Thanks for your awesome work link to official thread
    * CM team
    * CyanKang source
    * Chameleon OS / OxD34D source
    * TeamBridge source
    * TeamBaked source
    * Paranoid/Android source
    * Carbon source
    * Beanstalk source
    * LiquidSmooth source
    * AOKP source
    * Dirty Unicorns source
    * Cl3kener for his fantastic guide
    * FauxAffliction
    * Kennkannif
    * ThDude
    * Jiggs82 for testing

and probably others that I'm forgetting right now

my github

Disclaimer & Notes

You probably know by now that you flash at your own risk and I'm not responsible for any damage to your phone or if your phone starts calling you names during a dinner with your mother-in-law :laugh:

Also I DON'T OWN THE DEVICE , neither am I an expert at developping, so if you encounter bugs I'll do my best to adress them but no guarantees.
    ENJOY !
    Latest and probably last build before KitKat is up.
    Wow great work on the rom! just downloaded and testing it now, but I cant find active display anywhere :S

go to Security --> lockscreen --> active display

In next build :

bdoq.png
    Just noticed Slim team is committing changes on Github for the stable release. Great.

Can we have the SlimHalo before the Slim weekly?

Sorry man but I'll release build 2.0 tomorrow or Sunday.
    In the meantime here's some reading about Slim history. Congratulations Slim for getting this far. Keep up the good work !
    new build is up !