Help for ICS BCM ROM installation please

Search This thread

lennyDE

Apr 14, 2012
Hello,

i tried to install the ICS 4.0.3 BCM RC3.2U0 on my Nexus One.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1557606

I've read that the system partition structure had to be changed because the system partition at least has to have 180MB space and the stock Nexus One System parition only has 145MB.
Therefore another hboot version needs to be installed.
http://alpharev.nl/

I had CM 7.2 running for a long time (without app2sd).

I have a AMOLED version. Phone is unlocked and rooted.

Here's the steps I did to install ICS:

- Backuped my Apps with Titanium Backup
- Made an Nandroid Backup with Clockworckmod
- Installed Ext4 Recovery Touch App (not neccessary but neat, I thought) ;-)
- Backuped my whole SD Card
- Booted into Recovery and repartiontioned my SD-Card with a 1GB Ext4 Partition.
- Copied the BCM ROM ZIP file and the Alpharev Data++ HBoot Image file from http://alpharev.nl/bravo_alphaspl-data.img
- Then tried to flash hboot with this command:
fastboot flash hboot bravo_alphaspl-data.img

Here the problems started. On my main PC I couldn't get the adb/fastboot interface running properly in fastboot mode, although the USB drivers are installed.
However, I then took my notebook and fastboot worked and recognized the device.
The flash process did not succeed.

I got this error:
(Remote: Not allowed)

=> searched the net for this problem but couldn't find any working solution.

I remembered I've read something about Black rose hboot and that this is needed for this rom.
Searched the net, etc. and somehow I managed to install this hboot version.

After that I did "fastboot erase cache".

After that I did a wipe/factory reset in the recovery.

HBoot now shows me:

* BlackRose - Made by Lecahel(dla5244) *
STOCK-145/95/186
NEXUSONE PVT ENG S-OFF
HBOOT-7.35.5017 (PB9910000)
MICROP-0b15
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0103
RADIO-4.06.00.12_7
Feb 16 2012,00:52:15

With this done I thought my hboot is ready for ICS.

However the installer tells me I need another hboot with at least 180MB system Partition and aborts.
While typing this I realized that in the hboot screen the sizes of the paritions is displayed (STOCK-145/95/186).
Obviously my system partition still is 145MB (stock).

Anyways, I tried a few more times to flash the Data++ Image file from Aplharev and this still is not working:

Now I get this fastboot error:
Remote: Image Update error.

Googled this problem also and mostly found topics where people complaining that there phones won't boot anymore or are bricked and so on.
Mine phone still is fine. CM7 still is booting and because I couldn't succeed with the ICS installation I restored my nandroid backup an my SD Card => everything is like it was before.

But I still would like to use the ICS Rom from BCM. Can anyone tell me, what have I've been doing wrong or what is missing?
I' mean it's obvious that I need to change the size of my system partition.
I guessed I can achieve this by flashing the Data++ Image from Alpharev with resulted in the above written error. Is this correct that way? If so, why am I getting this error?

Thanks in advance.

Lenny

Last edited:

n1newbie

Oct 14, 2011
Tamil Nadu
U did everything perfectly.. but i beleive that Alpharev img is for desire... u got easier option (BLACKROSE). after installing blackrose, u need to alter the hboot partition. watch the youtube video for how to resize partition.
its very simple. just run blackrose.exe again select the option Resize.and enter the partition size u want for /system, /cache for the rom u wanna run. after that check the size in bootloader to confirm that hboot has changed. then u r good to go.
or
if u can correct the correct hboot .nb0 then u can jus fastboot hboot hboot.nb0 :)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Reactions: lennyDE

lennyDE

Apr 14, 2012
Genius!

Youtube Video ID: ScIMetgk7Zw (cannot post external links at the moment).

Thank you very much, that was my understanding problem ;-)

ICS is installing right now :D

lennyDE

Apr 14, 2012
Perhaps you can help with another issue quickly.

ICS is running, quiet smooth and stable at the moment.

But one thing I'm missing => the gallery app. Do you have an idea?

juliusedward

Aug 10, 2010
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
Perhaps you can help with another issue quickly.

ICS is running, quiet smooth and stable at the moment.

But one thing I'm missing => the gallery app. Do you have an idea?

May be you forgot to add the additional apps at the end during installation using aroma installer. Gallery has to be selected along with some other apps like email, play music etc

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA

lennyDE

Apr 14, 2012
I've did a reinstall of ICS and verified that Goggle Image Gallery was checked => still no Goggle Gallery App visible ... :-(

lennyDE

Apr 14, 2012
I realized that other google apps where missing too, e.g. Youtube, GMail, Maps.

I could install all those apps via market or titanium backup.

Tried to install the Google Gallery App from the ROM ZIP Image after extracting the apk with root explorer => "App not installed" is the error I get there.

This is strange, why :confused:

lennyDE

Apr 14, 2012
Hopefully the camera recording (+panorama) and trackball notification functionality will be implemented some day. This ROM is running pretty fast and stable so far.

Very pleased with it :)

Jaiy

Apr 22, 2011
Boston, MA
If you select the Custom installation option, it gives you a list of Additional Apps to Install. Gallery, Email, Youtube are amongst them.

ivanoff7

May 12, 2012
Well I had the same problem as you: not all the applications were available after the installation. I reinstalled it once again with "same options as before" and all reappeared. It may have to do with sd-ext I just activated. I think /sd-ext/app-system folder was empty. It now contains all apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    U did everything perfectly.. but i beleive that Alpharev img is for desire... u got easier option (BLACKROSE). after installing blackrose, u need to alter the hboot partition. watch the youtube video for how to resize partition.
    its very simple. just run blackrose.exe again select the option Resize.and enter the partition size u want for /system, /cache for the rom u wanna run. after that check the size in bootloader to confirm that hboot has changed. then u r good to go.
    or
    if u can correct the correct hboot .nb0 then u can jus fastboot hboot hboot.nb0 :)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk