activating lastpass accessibility toggle

Search This thread

Eggstones

Nov 21, 2016
OnePlus 8
Is it possible to use tasker to switch on lastpass accessibility toggle? My OnePlus 3t (not rooted, OOS 9.0.4) deactivates it almost on a daily basis. I have switched off battery optimisation for lastpass but the phone turns the toggle off.

joaomgcd

Aug 21, 2012
Hi there. Maybe you can try using the "Custom Setting" action for that. Try using the Magnifying glass in the action with the option to automatically find the setting and see if Tasker can find it. Hope this helps! :)

Reactions: Eggstones

Eggstones

Nov 21, 2016
OnePlus 8
Hi there. Maybe you can try using the "Custom Setting" action for that. Try using the Magnifying glass in the action with the option to automatically find the setting and see if Tasker can find it. Hope this helps! :)

I found that by googling but I can't figure out how to make it toggle the switch. The tasker forum talks about reading the accessibility setting but gives no more details than 'brilliant that works'

joaomgcd

Aug 21, 2012
I found that by googling but I can't figure out how to make it toggle the switch. The tasker forum talks about reading the accessibility setting but gives no more details than 'brilliant that works'

The easy way is to use the Secure Settings action in AutoTools. That has a direct option for accessibility services. I plan on adding that option to Tasker directly at a later date.

With the Custom Setting action what you should do is read the value, remove or add the needed service from the list, the write the setting.

Eggstones

Nov 21, 2016
OnePlus 8
The easy way is to use the Secure Settings action in AutoTools. That has a direct option for accessibility services. I plan on adding that option to Tasker directly at a later date.

With the Custom Setting action what you should do is read the value, remove or add the needed service from the list, the write the setting.
I must be missing something here. Autoapps seems to only control a subscription service. Can't see anything called secure settings when I download it.

Eggstones

Nov 21, 2016
OnePlus 8

I can now get the profile to switch on but I cannot figure out how to get the secure setting to change the toggle.

Both profile and task shows up as green but nothing seems to happen.

joaomgcd

Aug 21, 2012

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Use auto input
    Yep. All those seeking are correctly set. It's the tasker foreground setting I cannot find. Tried googling it but the links I found doesn't match what I see in tasker.
    The new versions of tasker don't have a"run in foreground" setting. :) Make sure reliable alarms is set to always and "show notification icon" is checked. Both in preferences -> monitor.

Just to double check, these are all off/disabled for lastpass, taker, and all auto apps, right?

System Settings -> Apps -> Gear Icon -> Special Access -> Battery Optimization

App Auto-Launch

Phone settings > Battery > Battery optimization (the disabled apps show up in this list. Each of the apps should display here. If not, then -> three-dot menu -> All apps and disable them)

Finally, I think OnePlus has a recent app manager. If that is set to deep clear, you'll have the problems you describe.