[Q] Motorola APX ATRIX 4g does not go

Search This thread

bazsyka

Jan 7, 2012
Zalaegerszeg
Motorola ATRIX 4g phone, and ATT is discharged and the battery during the update.
Now it is switched on, type "Failed to boot Nvflash 0x1000 Entering recovery mode."
APX Nvflash tried to start but windows 7 does not recognize the device manager did not even know.
What should I do? This field may improve through usb?
thank you

psychephylax

Mar 30, 2011
Smithtown, NY
depending on where your phone ran out battery it may be a brick, or you may be able to recover it...

Take the battery out and put it back, then hold Volume down and boot the phone. IF you see "fastboot" (Press the up key) and hope you boot into fastboot mode

You can also press down to see if you can get to RSD....

If you can get to these 2 then you can recover your phone...If it gets stuck on starting nvflash and doesn't give you a menu then your phone is bricked.

Doolittle Duckbill

Feb 14, 2012
Recklinghausen, Germany
No, that won´t work as he is stuck with an empty battery and if the phone won´t boot the battery won´t charge. Catch 22
Either charge the battery in your backup Atrix :D
or search for the "McGyver method", which means sacrificing a USB cable. Oh well...

bazsyka

Jan 7, 2012
Zalaegerszeg
depending on where your phone ran out battery it may be a brick, or you may be able to recover it...

Take the battery out and put it back, then hold Volume down and boot the phone. IF you see "fastboot" (Press the up key) and hope you boot into fastboot mode

You can also press down to see if you can get to RSD....

If you can get to these 2 then you can recover your phone...If it gets stuck on starting nvflash and doesn't give you a menu then your phone is bricked.

Battery charged 80% of the vol up + power does not respond to the power + vol down to either the Irish problem APX installed but nvflash RCM 0x4 version.
Could not be fixed some way because it would be urgent!
Non-root your phone and locked the bootloader, RSD does not come in!

537magspc

Mar 12, 2012
noob troubleshooting

OK we all have to try read and fail. Atrix 4g with 2.3.6 Unlocked and rom manager, titanium backup attrix 2 boot strap. What I did. did search and found this great reading rom. Followed all the info. Reboot great. Works. OK all but it will not access data other than in wifi. email, browers both say no connection. I have gone back and tried to clear all data and load other ROM. Can't get any of the ROMS. to load. either through update.zip or named.zip. Here's the stupid part. It was a victory ROM v2.0 it was for a samsung captivate. the link brought me across and I didn't look at the top to see if it was a dang attrix. Any idea on which how to get at least the data to work other then the wifi? I can access the recovery mode and it will reload the VictoryROM but nothing else. As F Gump says Stupid is ..as stupid does.
appreciated

psychephylax

Mar 30, 2011
Smithtown, NY
Battery charged 80% of the vol up + power does not respond to the power + vol down to either the Irish problem APX installed but nvflash RCM 0x4 version.
Could not be fixed some way because it would be urgent!
Non-root your phone and locked the bootloader, RSD does not come in!

I don't understand half of the things you wrote...

If you hold vol down and press power...Does your phone boot and go into fastboot mode? Yes/No (It will say "fastboot" and pressing Vol Down will cycle other options....Then you have to press Vol Up to enter into Fastboot mode)

If it's "NO" then when it does boot do you have any other options besides NvFlash? If yes then you can recover, if no then your phone is bricked.

ygthb

Victory, and A2 Bootstrap? wont work on a 4G. Either you are in the wrong forum or you have managed to put A2 tools on a 4G, which shouldn't work, and apparently doesnt.

If you can get to CWM, put a copy of CM7 on the sd card, CWM flash it. clear caches. etc.

Hope it helps