[Q] New Phone

Search This thread

MrNoilliz

Nov 26, 2013
Hello XDA users,

Sadly my HTC Sensation XE had died,

RIghtnow im looking for a new phone but i do not have the money for any high end phones,
I have been looking up some review's about phone's that are about 200 euro's and out of all tests the MOTO G came on first place.
So far the only downside i found was that i do not have place for a SD card and that you cant pullout the battery
What is your experiance with the MOTO G and do you recommand it?

I am using my phone mostly for Facebook, Whatsapp and Music. Maybe a simple game on my way home in the bus.

Cheers,

Joey

serophia

Feb 8, 2013
California
Really good device to have! Storage wise you have about 12.92gb to use, i have about 4.5gb left with my 5 gb of music and 2 gb on apps. Performance wise its really good for some games i don't really play much games just a couple. Battery wise it'll last me about a day or two depending on what i'm doing. In the end i would totally recommend it!

raithsphere

Feb 28, 2007
Nantwich, England
raithsphe.re
Day to day usage I find the battery to be pretty awesome, i tend to play ingress and thats quite taxing on the battery with the GPS being always on, but i have no issues with the phone i only have an 8gb model and thats more than ample for my needs when you factor in the fact i use the FM Radio more than listen to mp3's and if i want to do that i have a streaming data package.

I recommended this phone to 4 other people and they have them now and love it

buntysatya

Jul 21, 2012
Day to day usage I find the battery to be pretty awesome, i tend to play ingress and thats quite taxing on the battery with the GPS being always on, but i have no issues with the phone i only have an 8gb model and thats more than ample for my needs when you factor in the fact i use the FM Radio more than listen to mp3's and if i want to do that i have a streaming data package.

I recommended this phone to 4 other people and they have them now and love it

If your GPS is always on how much does your battery last?

MrNoilliz

Nov 26, 2013
Well that sounds promising! even with a bigger battery in my Sensation it barely made the evening.

Do you guys have any experience with Rooting the Moto G? on my sensation it was a pain to do.

lulibuli

Jan 20, 2011
If u root it and put CM11 on it, than is really brutal phone. Really fast, good signal reception, good battery, exellent built quality and what is the most important thing for me is the size and the price. If there was a logo of Samsung or iPhone on it, then the price will be 400eu.
The verdict: For that price it`s perfect :good:

sicembaylor

Dec 7, 2012
This phone is a testament to the principle that, sometimes, a particular thing is greater than the "sum of its parts." Throw the spec sheet out the window -- the important question is, "Does it simply perform well in day to day operations?" The answer to that question is an unequivocal "YES!"

The phone is phenomenal at this price point. The build quality is outstanding, and the phone is buttery smooth. If you want a phone to play high-end android games while multitasking with other RAM intensive apps then this phone may not be for you, but if you need a phone that performs well in completely ordinary day to day operations then there is absolutely not a phone on the market with the same performance and quality of the 'G' at this price.