[UNOFFICIAL][Recovery][M700X] TWRP 3.1.1

Search This thread

crustydemon

Jun 9, 2016
Nagpur
I dont think the phone has a bootloader/fastbootmode

I have been trying to root the device from many days now and everytime end it by giving up

Here is all I have understood till now
1) To root an LG device the first thing to do is to unlock the bootloader (Bootloader is kind of the core chipset/motherboard software. Android is installed on top of this)
2) To unlock the bootloader you need to have your device ID
3) The device ID can be obtained by connecting your phone to the PC in the "bootloader/fastboot" mode (Similar to download mode on samsung)

However the phone does not boot in the "Fastboot/bootloader mode" no matter what I try. I can see the device in ADB, I can give it a command to reboot in the "Bootloader mode". It restarts also, but then it just boots in the normal android mode. PS - I have enabled the debugging mode in the developer options and have also enabled "Enable OEM unlock". But somehow this just wont load in the "fastboot/bootloader mode".

Request to some of the Gurus here to help us(18:9 screen lovers)! :crying::crying:

Reactions: optionalmgrr.la

pomaxa

Jul 15, 2013
Stupid question))
Is it possible to embed TWRP in the kdz firmware and flash it? Or is there protection against changing the firmware?

pvineeth97

Nov 1, 2015
St. Louis
I have been trying to root the device from many days now and everytime end it by giving up

Here is all I have understood till now
1) To root an LG device the first thing to do is to unlock the bootloader (Bootloader is kind of the core chipset/motherboard software. Android is installed on top of this)
2) To unlock the bootloader you need to have your device ID
3) The device ID can be obtained by connecting your phone to the PC in the "bootloader/fastboot" mode (Similar to download mode on samsung)

However the phone does not boot in the "Fastboot/bootloader mode" no matter what I try. I can see the device in ADB, I can give it a command to reboot in the "Bootloader mode". It restarts also, but then it just boots in the normal android mode. PS - I have enabled the debugging mode in the developer options and have also enabled "Enable OEM unlock". But somehow this just wont load in the "fastboot/bootloader mode".

Request to some of the Gurus here to help us(18:9 screen lovers)! :crying::crying:

LG has locked down fastboot mode. Only root can help you unlock bootloader and flash TWRP.

Thursen

May 16, 2015
So, does the possibility of us being able to unlock the bootloader on the LG Q6 depend on LG themselves, since we need to get our device's ID via adb and then request the file we require on the LG Developer page, in order to unlock the bootloader by flashing this certain file?
Or did I get it wrong?

Thursen

May 16, 2015
So, does the possibility of us being able to unlock the bootloader on the LG Q6 depend on LG themselves, since we need to get our device's ID via adb and then request the file we require on the LG Developer page, in order to unlock the bootloader by flashing this certain file?
Or did I get it wrong?
Yep, so is it any possible to unlock the bootloader on the LG Q6?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys!

I built TWRP [Ver: 3.1.1] from scratch for M700X (X=N,DSA etc.)

ONLY FOR TESTERS NOW!

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Recovery
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Supported Models:
    LG Q6 - M700X (X=N, DSA etc.)

Steps:
    First, unlock your bootloader and access to fastboot or root is needed!

(1) Download the recovery image.
    (2) Download Flashify.
    (3) Flash Recovery using Flashify.

You are in TWRP!

NOTE: To boot into recovery with hardware buttons use this method. Power off the device > press and hold Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously > keep pressing them until the LG logo shows up > when the LG logo shows up, let go of the buttons for 1 second and then press them again. A factory reset menu will show up. Select "Yes" two times to "wipe" your device. Don't worry, this will actually NOT wipe your device. It will boot into recovery normally. This is because LG phones are a bit different and they instruct the recovery (TWRP in this case) to automatically perform a factory reset of the phone by triggering the /misc wipe flag. I mapped /misc partition to a different partition (/persist) so TWRP doesn't perform a factory reset.

BUGS:
    Mentioned in 3rd post.

Device Tree I created:
    https://github.com/PVineeth/android_device_lge_mh_recovery
    I guess if pvineeth97 doesn't give any more input it doesn't make any sense to keep on speculating over and over again.

I am here.

I already submitted the patched aboot to other dev. Waiting for a response!

Hello
    I already have a stable tree for lg msm8937 devices, check it on my github if you are working on los for q6.
    Regards
    If #3 part 2 is resolved, means we can flash custom rom? Thx
    No, because even if we can use a few commands now, the list is too limited and we don't have any command that allow to write on the partition.