[Q] No book reader galaxy note

Search This thread

zeeqy

Jun 26, 2009
Hi guys,
I just thought I share my Galaxy Note experience with you, i m happy with the device but just wondering if someone else also come across the same problem similar to mine.

We all know Galaxy Note doesn't come with book reader out of the box, than comes the question of best Android book reader, on the very forum most of the users recommend Alido book reader among others.

Let me cut to the chase so here is my question, is there any way I can install Honeycomb stock book reader on my Note coz having installed all the recommended readers none of them get any close to the Honeycomb default reader, I m sure some if not most will agree.

newg

Jan 27, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
I don't have the answer to your question, but thought I'd point out that my Note came with a book reader out of the box, simply called 'eBook'

I mean it's terrible, and I use aldiko, but it was there as stock ;)

macminer

Jun 4, 2009
Silesia
It probably depends on the country and distribution: mine had both Reader's Hub (linked to Zinio and Kobo) and Nexto.pl (linked to the most popular ebook-shop in my country), preinstalled and ready to use.

I installed Moon+ Reader and it seems good enough for some epub files I have lying around. There's also Kindle reader app that I use a lot, but this is because I own a Kindle, so most of my current reading is in Kindle's .azw (aka .mobi) format.

There's also Mantano reader, which I haven't tried, but judging from reviews it is one of the best. It is a paid app.

Isilo for Android also exists (this reader remembers the times of PalmOS, WinCE and other grandfather mobile OS's), but this would be of use only if you already have lots of books in the old PDB format.

Markhypnosis

Oct 30, 2009
In my experience, Aldiko is one of the best book readers for Android.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

zeeqy

Jun 26, 2009
It probably depends on the country and distribution: mine had both Reader's Hub (linked to Zinio and Kobo) and Nexto.pl (linked to the most popular ebook-shop in my country), preinstalled and ready to use.

I installed Moon+ Reader and it seems good enough for some epub files I have lying around. There's also Kindle reader app that I use a lot, but this is because I own a Kindle, so most of my current reading is in Kindle's .azw (aka .mobi) format.

There's also Mantano reader, which I haven't tried, but judging from reviews it is one of the best. It is a paid app.

Isilo for Android also exists (this reader remembers the times of PalmOS, WinCE and other grandfather mobile OS's), but this would be of use only if you already have lots of books in the old PDB format.
You probably right, I m in South Africa, that might be the reason as the firmware differs based on region...

Further to my initial post regarding ebook reader, I used Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus P6300 and the stock book reader is something I have never seen before, very simple much better then any book readers out there, I have all the new highly rated book reader like Alido but I still feel the lack of one touch access to all the features and the layout and the beauty... I m a reader and to be honest but I dont feel like reading on these book readers anymore...

That brings us to the basic question: Is it possible to install Honeycomb stock ebook reader on NOTE?