[Q] Samsung Tab 10.1 always Red X on battery icon not the usual problem

Search This thread

[Twitch]

Jan 7, 2014
I have a Samsung Tab 10.1 P7500 and there is always a red X on the battery icon.

I have tried the following:
  • Multiple new 30pin Samsung charging cables
  • Different Samsung Home chargers
  • Swapped out the charging port flex inside the tablet
  • Swapped out the battery inside the tablet

I can confirm that the tablet will only take 400mA of current which isn't enough. I have a second P7500 and that one works well and pulls 1.3A when charging.

Any ideas?

John Kester

Dec 26, 2012
Port Harcourt
I have a Samsung Tab 10.1 P7500 and there is always a red X on the battery icon.

I can confirm that the tablet will only take 400mA of current which isn't enough. I have a second P7500 and that one works well and pulls 1.3A when charging.

Any ideas?

Are you on stock ROM or custom ROM? You may need to restore either. If you have swapped the battery with one that is presumably good, then you may be stuck with a corrupt firmware. You may also try changing kernel.

Cheers.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: syrko76

[Twitch]

Jan 7, 2014
Are you on stock ROM or custom ROM? You may need to restore either. If you have swapped the battery with one that is presumably good, then you may be stuck with a corrupt firmware. You may also try changing kernel.

Cheers.

It the original ROM, never touched. The tablet isn`t recognized by the computer either. When I plug the USB in, the tablet pops up a message "MTP" then my computer says that the USB device cannot be recognized.

:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any ideas?

Cheers.