Google Search/Store not working wi-fi

Search This thread

Hocevar

Jan 18, 2011
Porto Alegre
For some reason I'm having trouble acessing google search/store while using my wi-fi connection, they just keep trying and eventually fails, the weird part is, this is only happening on our smartphones, google is working just fine on the PC(wired).

Anyone got any idea what this could be ?

PS: It also works just fine if on the 3G+

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
Hmm could be DNS being weird. When you get to WiFi try using terminal emulator and ping Google and try on 3g.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

AliRavian

Jan 3, 2014
change DNS address of your Router

I was having the same problem last month. I just changed my DNS servers entry to GOOGLE DNS servers address, and the issue was resolved.

Just go to your Router's configuration page, change your ISP (internet service provider) DNS entries to Google DNS addresses (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4), and reboot your Router/Wifi hotspot. and voila, you will get the access. :)

Hocevar

Jan 18, 2011
Porto Alegre
I was having the same problem last month. I just changed my DNS servers entry to GOOGLE DNS servers address, and the issue was resolved.

Just go to your Router's configuration page, change your ISP (internet service provider) DNS entries to Google DNS addresses (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4), and reboot your Router/Wifi hotspot. and voila, you will get the access. :)

That was actually one of the first things I tried heh, unfortunately that didn't seem to help much.

Anyway, I apologize for not giving an update earlier but it seems that as of today the problem somehow vanished...dunno why, but hopefuly it was temporary, maybe my ISP being weird ? Who knows.

That being said, thanks for the help MrObvious and Ali :) I appreciate it

Reactions: AliRavian

Joshmmorrison

Jan 28, 2014
I had similar problems. Only thing that cleared it up was a factory reset.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That was actually one of the first things I tried heh, unfortunately that didn't seem to help much.

Anyway, I apologize for not giving an update earlier but it seems that as of today the problem somehow vanished...dunno why, but hopefuly it was temporary, maybe my ISP being weird ? Who knows.

That being said, thanks for the help MrObvious and Ali :) I appreciate it