HELP: Unable to return defective note (box missing)

Search This thread

Kimo377

Sep 27, 2013
Ismailia
I bought an open box note 10.1 a month ago but it turned out to be defective (screen frequently unresponsive on wake up) . I tried to replace it but they told me they need the box because it has the serial number. I lost the box but the serial is already stored on the device. My question is:1- Do they have the right to refuse replacing the device for not having a box 2- What should I do in this situation?

P.S I have one year warranty.

Last edited:

Serinety

Account currently disabled
Aug 29, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
Where did you buy it? Seems most notable retailers, (bestbuy, frys, staples..etc) would have mo problem so long as you are within your return window. Although sometimes those items can be sold "as is". It would state in your reciept. It seems like a simple conversation with the manager would solve the problem.

Worst case, just have Samsung give you an RMA. I'm sure they will have no problem with that.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kimo377

mattyp92

Nov 26, 2013
North Attleboro, MA
Just a suggestion, always keep the original box at least until the end of the warranty period. Besides that, contact samsung, if the retailer won't do anything you can always just request service.

Sent from my SCH-I545 running Hyperdrive RLS14 using XDA Premium app.

Reactions: Kimo377

Kimo377

Sep 27, 2013
Ismailia
Where did you buy it? Seems most notable retailers, (bestbuy, frys, staples..etc) would have mo problem so long as you are within your return window. Although sometimes those items can be sold "as is". It would state in your reciept. It seems like a simple conversation with the manager would solve the problem.

Worst case, just have Samsung give you an RMA. I'm sure they will have no problem with that.

I bought it from souq.com. I've already passed the return window (2 weeks) but still have 11 months in warranty.

Kimo377

Sep 27, 2013
Ismailia
Just a suggestion, always keep the original box at least until the end of the warranty period. Besides that, contact samsung, if the retailer won't do anything you can always just request service.

So in case the retailer refused to give me a replacement, how can I contact samsung about it? and how easy is it to get a replacement?

wingdo

Apr 28, 2010
Chicago
So they have a 14 day return policy, after 30 days you want to return it, they won't let you and you want to know if they have the right to refuse replacement?

Yes they do, even if you had the original box. You are outside the return period. Now it is up to Samsung to repair or replace under warranty.

Sent via Tapatalk and my thumbs.

Serinety

Account currently disabled
Aug 29, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
So in case the retailer refused to give me a replacement, how can I contact samsung about it? and how easy is it to get a replacement?

How old are you.. out of curiosity. You should be pretty capable of figuring out how to contact Samsung without anyone's help. I think we are getting trolled.

kkretch

Jan 1, 2013
near Pittsburgh
How old are you.. out of curiosity. You should be pretty capable of figuring out how to contact Samsung without anyone's help. I think we are getting trolled.

Looks like the OP is from Ismailia, Egypt. Most likely a language issue.

I bought an open box note 10.1 a month ago but it turned out to be defective (screen frequently unresponsive on wake up) . I tried to replace it but they told me they need the box because it has the serial number. I lost the box but the serial is already stored on the device. My question is:1- Do they have the right to refuse replacing the device for not having a box 2- What should I do in this situation?

P.S I have one year warranty.

Have you tried to contact someone through the Samsung Ismailia Facebook page They maybe able to help you.

Last edited:

Kimo377

Sep 27, 2013
Ismailia
Looks like I need to make some clarifications here:
1- I don't want to return the device, I want to have it replaced (repaired at least). I've already edited the OP but failed to edit the title.
2- I bought the device from UAE via souq uae, and it has Souq.com Guarantee for one year
3- When I contacted souq.com they said they need the box because it has the serial number of the device. The box is lost.

Now I'm at a loss about what to do next.

I hope I made myself clear this time

Last edited:

kkretch

Jan 1, 2013
near Pittsburgh
Looks like I need to make some clarifications here:
1- I don't want to return the device, I want to have it replaced (repaired at least). I've already edited the OP but failed to edit the title.
2- I bought the device from UAE via souq uae, and it has Souq.com Guarantee for one year
3- When I contacted souq.com they said they need the box because it has the serial number of the device. The box is lost.

Now I'm at a loss about what to do next.

Is the serial number on the back of the device?

Have you registered the device with Samsung?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.