Should i get the moto g?

Search This thread

mixed nuts

Jan 12, 2014
It doesn't make a difference to be honest, I'm the one who's going to pay for the new phone anyway because i promised him to either give him my phone or get him a large screened phone if he got decent marks and he did :D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Roguefoxx

Nov 4, 2007
It doesn't make a difference to be honest, I'm the one who's going to pay for the new phone anyway because i promised him to either give him my phone or get him a large screened phone if he got decent marks and he did :D

I wish a little bribe like that would work with my son!

jman1234

Aug 21, 2013
I don't have much experience with android phones, but I came from a Galaxy S3 and I don't miss it all that much. Sure I'd probably still use my S3 if I wanted to take a quick picture of myself, but meh. I'm not a major fan of the humungous screens when all I want to do is call someone or text. I have my tablet and PC if I want to play games and watch movies. This is a very nice phone for the money. I remember using my tweaked out KFHD 7 for the first time a few weeks after buying this phone and the screen size startled me when I saw all the apps I installed on the tablet. xD

Last edited:

Bizdady

Jul 24, 2010
I actually gave my Note 2 to my brother and kept the G full time. Im getting about 5-6 hours screen time. Its nice to use a phone 1 handed again. I have a Nexus 7 for big screen viewing.

episode96

Jul 11, 2013
I use both regularly, the Moto G is my personal phone and the Note 2 is what I use for the office. I prefer the Moto G for two reasons: stock Android ( don't like Touchwiz and despise Samsung's hardware buttons) and its size makes it a better fit for my hands.

It's a matter of personal preference really. The Note 2 has some serious advantages (SD slot, better camera, stylus). It's just that I don't care about those.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can't decide.. I get to confused when i hear different opinions.. Do you really think I'll regret it? The moto g is easily rooted unlike the note 2 but the note 2 have better specs

I'll chime in one time here. I am a hardcore android user and have been since the g1. I usually take the custom ROM route. Because of budget constraints I picked up one of these. For the price it is a phenomenal phone unmatched. I run stock with faux kernel, exposed with some modules. It does everything I want it to with ease. In benchmarks it matches my well tuned nexus ten. It real world performance I find it to exceed the nexus 10. Its a whole lot of phone for not a lot of money. And to be fair I'm not being biased. A slightly bigger screen would have been nice though...

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk
    I don't think I'll regret my decision :D

Yes, dont even think about it xD

Sent from my Moto G :3
    Let's just say that Moto G is not mid range phone. My stepson just bought it for $99 at Radio Shack for Boost. Since he's had it, only data works, can't make or receive calls not once in 5 days. I would call list a low range phone, note 2 is high end, has 2 Gb Ram where Moto G only has 1 Gb. Huge difference on how a phone behaves, smoothness and running apps. Moto G is fine for a teen, not for someone who has already owned a high end phone. I sympathize though if conditions warrant having to buy a a cheap phone to get through end of contract or whatever catastrophe brings a person to have to buy a cheap phone. I've been there, but I would rather have a flip dumb phone while my phone is away at repair than a laggy smartphone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
    There is either something wrong with the phone your stepson bought or neither of you know anything about the phone. I run it stock and the battery, call clarity and performance have all been great, nothing shy of impressive for the price you pay for it.

Is it a Note 2 or GS4? Nope, but duh, you aren't paying for those either.
    I think I'll just go for it since i don't really mind the smaller screen besides what's the use of a bigger screen when most of it isn't used anyway? On my note 2 while watching a video the black borders take a lot of space on my screen.. I don't think I'll regret it.
    Thanks everyone