Q: rooting Huawei G535-L11 (kestrel from EE)

Search This thread

FoghoPhaetyx

Jul 2, 2016
Unlock bootloader

Any idea where to get the code to unlock bootloader, since the link you have posted here doesn't work anymore?

guyfork64

Aug 28, 2015
Hey Guys

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. I've got a new phone and my huawei G535-L11 has been sat in the draw for a while. However I have got the beast out of hiding to use again as its not a bad phone and don’t want it to go to waste. I thought I would do a quick update with working links.

I've uploaded the G6-L11 Rom which is compatible along with a script to change the internal \Data size from 2GB to 4GB (None of which is my hard work. I cannot remember who to credit as I can't find the original post but as far as I remember the Rom and Partitioning Script go together)

I've also included a working TWRP Recovery IMG.

You will need to root your phone if you haven’t done so yet, you can find instructions on google. I'm going to assume you know how and that you're already rooted.

Step 1
Once Rooted flash TWRP with flashify, if it fails try again. I know people have had problems in the past so if doesn’t work, try and find a solution within the forums or as I like to say "Google is your best friend".
Step 2
Once you’ve got TWRP successfully installed go ahead and Flash the \Data Partitioning Script (I can't remember if it makes a difference if you flash it before the rom but logic says if you do it after you’ll have to flash the rom again.)
Step 3
Flash the G6 KitKat 4.4.2 Rom.
Reboot.
Step 4
Change the 'cust' directory. The one that comes with the Rom is 'vodaphone\pt' however for me its 'orange\ee' if you’re not sure use your best friend to find out. once you’ve done that go ahead and reboot. You'll notice a few more apps this time.
Step 4
Install flashify and re-flash TWRP Recovery as it will get overwritten with the default recovery.
Step 5
Enjoy.

I have been trying to find a new rom that is compatible with the G535-L11 however I haven't had much luck. I will keep looking but if someone beats me to it please post a link and try to keep this thread alive, like I've said it's not a bad little phone.

One other thing I will say is that the camera and the flash light DOES NOT work in this Rom. DO NOT ask me how to fix this as the previous post will tell you we can't find a fix.

Rom
Customized_G6-L11-ROM_V100R001C432B370CUSTC432D005_Firmware_Belgium_Germany_Netherlands_Portugal_05012GFT_VDF_PT.zip
https://mega.nz/#!DxZjSTLL
Decryption Key
!q0PsL5aZVUSWJBIjOKY-fu0GFv6rG3JCXRuGNupBeTs

Resize Script
Update_resize_2147_to_4173.zip
https://mega.nz/#!rlA0zbCR
Decryption Key
!KgjdR6pkWng4MM4CpPylWJyTLkqit7mh6OkBJTVh4gg

TWRP
twrp-recovery.img
https://mega.nz/#!TtRknAZB
Decryption Key
!BZws27rmYP_hjbW0zeCmwWOTRgA32SrgmJyAoHJla-8

Reactions: tset351

PeckettChap

Jan 31, 2017
Procedure Clarification Required Please !

As far as smartphones go I am a 'newbie', but I have been using Linux on my PC for several years now. So when I acquired a G535-L11, I sought a way to get rid of the 'bloatware' by using my PC.
Thanks to the tutorial written by mrxixar, I have got as far as getting the Bootloader unlocked. But I have got stuck at the last step (to install custom recovery). After entering the code "sudo fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img", I can not get the recovery screen on the phone with the Android image. (The phone would appear to work normally, once re-booted.)
I have since discovered that TWRP needs to be different for each phone, so my question now is: do I need to delete the non-functioning TWRP.img, before trying again with one of the customised flavours of TWRP, that other members have kindly provided links to, earlier in this thread ?

Or, is it the case that the phone needs to be rooted, before custom recovery can be installed ?

Top Liked Posts