twrp - can't install this package on top of incompatible data

Search This thread

2sumanth

Sep 25, 2015
i have followed all the steps using NRT to unlock boot-loader and root the phone.

Installed TWRT manager and flashed the recovery.

Now i am trying to flash CM12 for the first time and stuck with error message "can't install this package on top of incompatible data" during flashing .

downloaded the following flash zip from CM website: cm-12.1-20150901-SNAPSHOT-YOG4PAO237-hammerhead.zip (281.77 MB)

Can any one help me what needs to be done to proceed further.

vanduc1102

Nov 18, 2013
xiaomi note 4g dior

Let me tell my story,

My friend gave me an old xiaomi note 4g which was stuck at the MI icon on boot,
Luckily the phone did not lock boot-loader
So I use xiaomi flash rom to flash global room , it worked after i tried sometimes.

Then I booted to the phone, and other problem came, the phone was linked with an Mi Account , and my friend forgot everything about it
not email, no phone number

I did a search and they said the only way to bypass the MiAccount is using a Resurrection ROM or balallala
so I ended up with using
1. fastboot to install twrp
2. open twrp --> open adb sideload mode.
3. Open window command line and install Resurrection ROM though adb sideload
While installing rom though adb slideload , i got the same issue with topic

SO i cleared data and tried again,

IT WORKED , NO MORE ****ING MiAccount

THANK a lot

:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:

minty95

Nov 10, 2011
znvufjip-u3n4ts6e-xyb4zp6t-yzcffcsq

Hi

Playing with my wife's Nexus 5, bootloader unlocked, rooted, and latest TWRP installed but when trying to flash from android 6.0.1 to Lineage, I'm getting an error 7 image shown I hope.....

Is this just because I haven't wiped the data first ? (I'm fairly sure but...)

I dont dare try 'cause if it's not that she'll kill me, so would like to be sure before I wipe all her data..

ThanksIMG_20170903_200448.jpg

Update, it was that I just wiped all except the SD and flashed, all is just great

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i didnt wipe the data before. Now its working and closing the thread
    i have followed all the steps using NRT to unlock boot-loader and root the phone.

Installed TWRT manager and flashed the recovery.

Now i am trying to flash CM12 for the first time and stuck with error message "can't install this package on top of incompatible data" during flashing .

downloaded the following flash zip from CM website: cm-12.1-20150901-SNAPSHOT-YOG4PAO237-hammerhead.zip (281.77 MB)

Can any one help me what needs to be done to proceed further.
    This topic is old but in case someone else gets here I got a solution - Change /data partition filesystem to ext4 or other supported by ROM