[Q] Phone not booting up and stuck at black screen

Search This thread

tech96

Apr 8, 2014
My phone is lava iris 455(MTK6577 chipset). So, I put a custom ROM yesterday, but it was laggy so I decided to go back to stock. I had CWM recovery installed. I used SP flash tools to flash the original ROM,but after a purple bar came, the PC just froze. Everytime, the same thing happened.

I used the ROM from this link-[FIRMWARE]LAVA Iris 455 Official Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware and everywhere on the net its the same firmware.

And my CWM recovery is gone as well;only a black screen comes up for a few seconds and then it switches off. I can't boot to recovery too.

I tried installing CWM recovery through SP flash tools, but it gave me an error saying that the handset doesn't support DRAM(didn't happen the first time I installed recovery which was yesterday).

So, what do you guys think the problem is? Is it hard bricked? My PC does recognise the phone though. Any help is appreciated.

ajay74

Aug 9, 2012
gorakhpur
Dear friend it seems to me that your phone is hard bricked, as it is not booting in first boot where cwm is installed,
If it passes first boot and then struck is called soft brick which can be overcome by flashing ROM via recovery
As recovery is installed in first boot
Now as per your description it is hard bricked and you have to repair your boot
For that you have to contact person who has octopus or octoplus box it's boot to be repaired, it might cost you somewhere around 1000 rupees in india search for boot Repairing shop who have octopus box
You can Google it to find dealer Near you who have octopus box

Sent from my Q610s using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

One more thing, use PC for flashing cwm only, as it's really dangerous to flash rom or firmware from PC as if PC struck it will corrupt your phone,
Before fishing any rom via cwm please sure to take nandroid backup as the backup taken by cwm can easily be restored if some mishap occurs while flashing rom
Always use NANDROID BACKUP to restore phone to original

Reactions: tech96

tech96

Apr 8, 2014
Which will be better?

So can you suggest which method will be better - sending it to the service centre or using your method? I bought the phone for about 7000 INR, so can you give an estimate which process will be cheaper?

tech96

Apr 8, 2014
Well, with SP flash tools, preloader and DSP_BL files were installed successfully. But now my PC is freezing while installing the other files. SP flash tools is stuck at Downloading Flash 0% . Any suggestions?

ajay74

Aug 9, 2012
gorakhpur
Why u using sp flash tool, or any other third party software, or using PC for rom purpose,
You should try cwm for all purposes like, flashing rom, to install su binary, to take firmware backup or to restore nandroid backup,
Well in case of hard brick you have to do it by octopus box, sending service center is costly affair,
Send it to good mobile Repairing person who has sound knowledge of software hacking and firmware too and who has, octopus box with him

tech96

Apr 8, 2014
My device is allright now. Probably there was some problem with drivers(maybe because I have an AMD CPU). Used friend's laptop, worked perfectly.

ajay74

Aug 9, 2012
gorakhpur
Ok then but still i recommend cwm for all rom related activities

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear friend it seems to me that your phone is hard bricked, as it is not booting in first boot where cwm is installed,
    If it passes first boot and then struck is called soft brick which can be overcome by flashing ROM via recovery
    As recovery is installed in first boot
    Now as per your description it is hard bricked and you have to repair your boot
    For that you have to contact person who has octopus or octoplus box it's boot to be repaired, it might cost you somewhere around 1000 rupees in india search for boot Repairing shop who have octopus box
    You can Google it to find dealer Near you who have octopus box

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

One more thing, use PC for flashing cwm only, as it's really dangerous to flash rom or firmware from PC as if PC struck it will corrupt your phone,
    Before fishing any rom via cwm please sure to take nandroid backup as the backup taken by cwm can easily be restored if some mishap occurs while flashing rom
    Always use NANDROID BACKUP to restore phone to original