Root Sensation Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mamarda

Jun 11, 2009
Tbiisi
NOT WORKING

Hello everyone, I have found article while googling about how to unlock HTC SENSATION, if it is not against forum rules I can give URL, now I just give you pasted text...

How to Root HTC Sensation 4G
Posted on 19 June 2011 by Android Advice

These are the easy to follow instructions for rooting the HTC Sensation 4G. While we have had great luck with this method please be aware that you follow these instructions at your own risk. The HTC Sensation 4G is currently one of the most popular android phones of 2011.
Your device must also be s-off in order for the instructions below to work. Most of the Sensations are s-on although once we have found a way to turn s-off on all sensations we will add that to these instructions.

TAKE NOTE THAT THE HTC SYNC MUST BE REMOVED FROM YOUR PC BEFORE FOLLOWING THESE INSTRUCTIONS. YOU CAN RE-INSTALL IT AFTER YOU ARE DONE ROOTING THE DEVICE.

Root Instructions for the HTC Sensation 4G:
1. Enable USB Debugging mode on your phone (settings … applications … 2. development … check USB Debugging mode)
3. Make sure USB debugging is enabled
4. Make sure you have an SD card formatted and in the phone
5. Transfer the APK on the phone and install it (download the apk here)
6. Open the APK and press the root button
7. Wait a few minutes and the device will reboot, be patient it can take a while (10 minutes or so)
8. Make sure the Superuser app is install and working
9. Congrats your HTC Sensation is Rooted!

I have not tested it because I don't now if this web page is safe, has anybody tested it ? ? ? Here is above mentioned APK (GingerBreak-v1.20.apk)

Last edited:

Cola-Wodka

Feb 4, 2006
Phone needs to be s-off. So nothing interesting here. If you have an s-off phone you can flash a rooted custom rom and don't need gingerbreak

Kringkrong

Jun 8, 2009
But if you just want a "simpel" root and have no need for
flashing rom's and stuff, will it work then?

xdviper

Jan 5, 2009
but if device is S-off doesn't it mean that it is rooted?
No, you still need android to be rooted with superuser and busybox installed. S-off just gives you permission to write to system and recovery so you can flash roms and a different hboot aka eng bootloader.
I was at least hoping for a temp root so we could at least disable the apps we don't need via titanium backup

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

Reactions: mamarda

mamarda

Jun 11, 2009
Tbiisi
No, you still need android to be rooted with superuser and busybox installed. S-off just gives you permission to write to system and recovery so you can flash roms and a different hboot aka eng bootloader.
I was at least hoping for a temp root so we could at least disable the apps we don't need via titanium backup

OK thank you :)

krishawn

Nov 16, 2010
...so if I happen to have an S-OFF device...

HOW DO I ROOT IT THEN?!

I seriously can't find an answer anywhere. Can you please help me with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    but if device is S-off doesn't it mean that it is rooted?