{MOD}{KitKat}Add Init'd & Write to SD Card ((EASY))

Search This thread

blaz1nr

May 8, 2012
The Dark Side
I haven't seen anyone yet post how to add init'd and write to external Sd Card.So I thought I would share. I've made the mods already for i537.While I'm fairly sure the files needed to be altered are identical on both devices . Instead of posting what I've already made for the i537. I decided to just give you guys easy instructions.

1.init.qcom.post_boot.sh Location system/etc. Add Init'd support by adding this line to the bottom of the script be sure there is a blank space between this line and the bottom of the script.---->>> busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d/ >>>

2.platform.xml Location system/etc/permissions Add's write to External SdCard

<permission name="android.permission.ACCESS_ALL_EXTERNAL_STORAGE">
<group gid="sdcard_r"/>
<group gid="sdcard_rw"/>
<group gid="sdcard_all"/> <--- add this line. thats it.
</permission>

If you enjoy my work Please give thanks.
For the sake of keeping file system integrity if you post the above files. I will alter and wrap them up in a flashable zip for you. Set permissions as shown. chmod755 rwx, rx, rx

Attachments

• rwrxrx.png
    rwrxrx.png
    172.6 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Reactions: dmc2359

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I haven't seen anyone yet post how to add init'd and write to external Sd Card.So I thought I would share. I've made the mods already for i537.While I'm fairly sure the files needed to be altered are identical on both devices . Instead of posting what I've already made for the i537. I decided to just give you guys easy instructions.

1.init.qcom.post_boot.sh Location system/etc. Add Init'd support by adding this line to the bottom of the script be sure there is a blank space between this line and the bottom of the script.---->>> busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d/ >>>

2.platform.xml Location system/etc/permissions Add's write to External SdCard

<permission name="android.permission.ACCESS_ALL_EXTERNAL_STORAGE">
    <group gid="sdcard_r"/>
    <group gid="sdcard_rw"/>
    <group gid="sdcard_all"/> <--- add this line. thats it.
    </permission>

If you enjoy my work Please give thanks.
    For the sake of keeping file system integrity if you post the above files. I will alter and wrap them up in a flashable zip for you. Set permissions as shown. chmod755 rwx, rx, rx