Tweaked Micromax A116i Rom Ver. 1.0A [Updated Stock ROM] [5-Jan]

Search This thread

pankajpadra

Feb 2, 2014
Hi bro,
one issue of my battery that it charges only (16-23)p/h. And after charging at 75% it direct jump to 100%. I calibrated my battery one time using this superb rom.
Please tell why it dont charge (30-35) p/h.
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Micromax A116i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cmahendra

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Hi bro,
one issue of my battery that it charges only (16-23)p/h. And after charging at 75% it direct jump to 100%. I calibrated my battery one time using this superb rom.
Thanks in advance.
Get your battery checked at service center. Anyways this is stock rom so its pure micromax rom.

Reactions: pankajpadra

pankajpadra

Feb 2, 2014
Thanks
Now i am at your sld v2 rom its superb. Battery charging 22-32 p/h. But also jump 70 to 100 when charge.
I will calibrate one's again.
Should i flash any new rom @ 100% battery to avoid such battery drain.
Sir,
I use my phone so heavily with full day 2g internet. My battery backup is about 14 - 16 hour.
Thanks 4 reply. I request u to make a patch for sim toolkit for sld v2 rom. Its superb, fast and best battery backup.

Sent from my Micromax A116 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Thanks
Now i am at your sld v2 rom its superb. Battery charging 22-32 p/h. But also jump 70 to 100 when charge.
I will calibrate one's again.
Should i flash any new rom @ 100% battery to avoid such battery drain.
Sir,
I use my phone so heavily with full day 2g internet. My battery backup is about 14 - 16 hour.
Thanks 4 reply. I request u to make a patch for sim toolkit for sld v2 rom. Its superb, fast and best battery backup.

You have chosen best rom in whole A116 series of roms. You sure need to calibrate your battery coz still with full day 2G you should get 24+ hours on this rom. That jump from 70 to 100 is not a good sign for battery's physical health. Get your battery checked as soon as possible. I forgot to make patch for sim toolkit as most of us do not use it. Will add it in next update asap. Thanks.

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Some users complain about SCREEN FLICKERING after flashing custom rom.
THIS IS NOT RELATED TO ANY CUSTOM ROM AND MAY HAPPEN ON ANY ROM.
The main reason behind it is the phone is required to be upgraded upto 4.2.1 and not 4.1.x.

When you update to 4.2.1 (from services center or yourself) the phone upgrades itself by fixing old infamous screen-flickering problem and worst touch responsiveness also called TPUPGRADE (Touch Panel Upgrade). WARNING: You should not touch screen when TPUPGRADE process is running, else you may end up with soft-bricked phone.

The solution is to flash the third link in OP and flash it with SPTOOLS method. Download this >>

3rd Link) SPTOOLS version ROM with (TWRP 2.5.0.0) and SPTOOLS (SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119)

krushed18

Oct 21, 2013
Jaipur
xdaforums.com

Andy1911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 1, 2014
Pune
Hi bro,
Thanks in advance.

bro, its the prob of the kernel..... its the battery drop issue...... ... ... ... .. .. .... ... .. .. try kash kernel.. .. .. .. .. .. .. the stablest one in the forum.. .. .. .. .. .. .. you will get that issue solved.. no need of service centre

krushed18

Oct 21, 2013
Jaipur
xdaforums.com
Thanks for reporting. noted down. seems some old links died. uploading. wait for few hours and come back.

EDIT: Both files prepared again and uploaded to dev-host server. Please check now. :)

That was quick. Thank You very much sir! :)

I've got a question sir and it is that i am trying to flash this ROM with SP Tools. And at present i have CWM flashed on my phone and i have backed up ColorOs using it. So my question is will that backup become useless and unable to restore if i re-install or install any different version of CWM?

And last 2 questions.

1) Does this ROM include TWRP, the title is confusing:

SPTOOLS version ROM with (TWRP 2.5.0.0) and SPTOOLS (SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119)
DOWNLOAD
** Download this version. Do not download original version given below
** SPTools Installation Instructions in second post below.

2) And if TWRP is included, can i replace it with CWM with the procedure you've mentioned in post two?

Please bear with me, i am a newbie :D

Andy1911

Mar 1, 2014
Pune
yes you can replace it surely but you will need to rename cwm as recovery.img....... and replace in the root forlder of stock rom files........
try cwm 6.0.5.0 (link) for best reasults and if possible, use kash kernel..... it has too vivid colours and aslo very fast, stable and smooth...

Reactions: krushed18

krushed18

Oct 21, 2013
Jaipur
xdaforums.com
yes you can replace it surely but you will need to rename cwm as recovery.img....... and replace in the root forlder of stock rom files........
try cwm 6.0.5.0 (link) for best reasults and if possible, use kash kernel..... it has too vivid colours and aslo very fast, stable and smooth...

Hey mate, i followed the whole procedure mentioned in post #2 but my phone didn't get a bit effected. Even the green ring popped out but still phone was as it was before flashing. Please help!

UPDATE:- Okay i was actually flashing only recovery again and again. And now i flashed the ROM properly and it went out absolutely fine. Thanks again @cmahendra @Andy1911 for your instant support, looking further for more of your good work. Wish I'll also start contributing to Android community as soon as i learn these things :)

Last edited:

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
That was quick. Thank You very much sir! :)

I've got a question sir and it is that i am trying to flash this ROM with SP Tools. And at present i have CWM flashed on my phone and i have backed up ColorOs using it. So my question is will that backup become useless and unable to restore if i re-install or install any different version of CWM?

And last 2 questions.

1) Does this ROM include TWRP, the title is confusing:

2) And if TWRP is included, can i replace it with CWM with the procedure you've mentioned in post two?

Please bear with me, i am a newbie :D

Hey mate, i followed the whole procedure mentioned in post #2 but my phone didn't get a bit effected. Even the green ring popped out but still phone was as it was before flashing. Please help!

UPDATE:- Okay i was actually flashing only recovery again and again. And now i flashed the ROM properly and it went out absolutely fine. Thanks again @cmahendra @Andy1911 for your instant support, looking further for more of your good work. Wish I'll also start contributing to Android community as soon as i learn these things :)

Yes the third link is stock rom from micromax but the recovery replaced is TWRP 2.5.0.0. so when you flash it, you can start phone in TWRP immediately. You can simply flash latest SuperSU and phone is rooted.

Reactions: krushed18

krushed18

Oct 21, 2013
Jaipur
xdaforums.com
Yes the third link is stock rom from micromax but the recovery replaced is TWRP 2.5.0.0. so when you flash it, you can start phone in TWRP immediately. You can simply flash latest SuperSU and phone is rooted.

Thanks that worked pretty well. But actually my prob is that whenever i flash Color OS and Lewa OS my screen starts blinking (not flickering) continuously and this is what i am finding solution for. But even after flashing this ROM and then flashing Lewa OS screen still blinks. Can you help me in this Sir! I've tried other Custom ROMs like MIUI and other Color OS ROM both works perfect but not Lewa OS and Color OS. Links of the ROMs is given below. Please help me sir!

1) Color OS which causes blinking : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2653005

2) Lewa OS : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2609933

3) Color OS which worked : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2558352

4) MIUI ROM : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2501688

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Thanks that worked pretty well. But actually my prob is that whenever i flash Color OS and Lewa OS my screen starts blinking (not flickering) continuously and this is what i am finding solution for. But even after flashing this ROM and then flashing Lewa OS screen still blinks. Can you help me in this Sir! I've tried other Custom ROMs like MIUI and other Color OS ROM both works perfect but not Lewa OS and Color OS. Links of the ROMs is given below. Please help me sir!
This thread is only for discussion about latest 4.2.1 stock rom only which you flashed successfully. And this sptools version is factory rom directly by Micromax. Nothing is done by me or anyone in it. I dont know why it blinks on other roms. Ask respective devs. And yes, showing links of other roms to me was not necessary, as we know all links.

Last edited:

krushed18

Oct 21, 2013
Jaipur
xdaforums.com
This thread is only for discussion about latest 4.2.1 stock rom only which you flashed successfully. And this sptools version is factory rom directly by Micromax. Nothing is done by me or anyone in it. I dont know why it blinks on other roms. Ask respective devs. And yes, showing links of other roms to me was not necessary, as we know all links.

Okay. Actually there are 2 different versions of Color OS, so as to cut out the confusion, i made it clear through links. Anyways Thanks for your assistance :)

ankur_shah88

Jul 16, 2012
Delhi
Hi Cmahendra,

i flashed this rom and whenever i reboot my phone TP Upgrade starts automatically and it fails every time.
But still i am able to use this Rom very well, is there any way i can skip this annoying TP Upgrade thing everytime i reboot my phone?
Pls help

Thanks

Andy1911

Mar 1, 2014
Pune
Hi Cmahendra,

i flashed this rom and whenever i reboot my phone TP Upgrade starts automatically and it fails every time.
But still i am able to use this Rom very well, is there any way i can skip this annoying TP Upgrade thing everytime i reboot my phone?
Pls help

Thanks

Once You Update to 4.2 TP Upgrade Should Not Be Starting Again.......... Its only one time process.... If You Want to get rid of this upgrade, then remove TP UPGRADE.apk from system/app folder in this rom zip file..... it will stop the tp upgrade surely... but use it on ur own risk

Regards
Andy

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Once You Update to 4.2 TP Upgrade Should Not Be Starting Again.......... Its only one time process.... If You Want to get rid of this upgrade, then remove TP UPGRADE.apk from system/app folder in this rom zip file..... it will stop the tp upgrade surely... but use it on ur own risk
Regards
Andy
TPupgrade fails only when you touch screen while it is in process for first time or your screen may have some touch issue already. The warning about TPupgrade is given because if that fails your phone may have parmanent brick or issue. Its risky process thats why about tpupgrade everyone mentions "USE AT YOUR OWN RISK". Now you are requested to flash stock rom 4.2.1 and complete TPupgrade properly. If that does not help, then soryy, you may need to take your phone to service center.
@cmahendra thanks for your reply regarding boot image sir. Issue solved.
coool :) Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated Stock ROM Tweaked Micromax A116/A116i
    (Version 1.0A)
    Tweaked + Deodexed + Rooted
    Both Flash Versions: TWRP/CWM (Flashable Zip) and SPTOOLS (Flash_Tool)

For A116, A116i, FLY IQ451, MYphone919i, Wiko Cink-5, Qmobile A600
    This is completely fresh stock ROM extracted and built by me
    from scratch from latest SPTOOLS version
    S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_14_FLASHER_USER
    of Factory Stock of A116i V2 link found at moulinsky (gsm-forum)
    Available to be used as BASE rom for porting, feel free to use it, but with necessary credit :D

** More bloatware will be removed and some more tweaks to be added after testing for few days **
    attachment.php

Google play store or other features of stock apps in stock is from original stock (Oct or Nov 2013) and when you flash rom and connect internet, the play store or other things should get updated automatically. This is tweaked Factory Stock and not a custom rom which are updated on regular basis.

I have made this for ...
    (1) users who want to restore to original stock in case of brick or bootloop and may be who lost recovery too in worst case scenario (sptools version)
    (2) users who want to use original stock but with great tweaks I have implemented. (cwm version)
    (3) devs who want to use a good build of stock for making custom roms or porting.

Features:

• Two versions: Normaland Fully Tweaked Stock ROM for A116i and A116
    • Louder Sound
    • Fast Network Speed (Browsing)
    • WiFi Fast connect
    • Also for FLY IQ451 / MYphone919i / Wiko Cink Five / Qmobile A600
    • This rom uses Stock Kernel
    • WORKING OTA UPDATE
    • Rooted Stock
    • Busyboxed
    • Deodexed
    • Zip-Aligned
    • Super Smooth
    • Super Responsive Touch
    • Great Battery Backup.
    • Everything Original Stock Apps
    • Lighter Sony Bravia 2 Tweaks
    • MMX Registration , Games and Bloatware removed (more will be removed soon)
    • Init.d support with small app (check Addon section below)
    • Option to install 4.3 camera or revert back to stock 4.2 (check Addon section below)
    • Built from A116i : MMX Build ver: S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_14_FLASHER_USER
    Note:

• Please do not tell me its same stock rom as before, I know that. But this tweaked version and is much better than any previous stock roms :)
    Try it and post feedback.

Installation:
    1. Copy zip on sdcard
    2. Reboot to recovery CWM/TWRP
    3. Do Full Factory Reset (Full Wipe)
    4. Flash Rom and reboot. Done!
    Bugs:
    A minor bug: Shows Blank wallpaper at first boot. Just select any new wallpaper and reboot. Done!

Many Download Options:

1. Rooted , Busyboxed , Fully Tweaked , Deodexed , Zip-Aligned, Bloatware removed version.
      DOWNLOAD

**This is CWM/TWRP version for all.
    2. Unrooted, Factory Raw Stock (odexed) , No apps removed, Not tweaked (AS IS).
      DOWNLOAD
      **This is CWM/TWRP version for anyone who wants to experiment with original rom (Not for everyone)

3. SPTOOLS version ROM with (TWRP 2.5.0.0) and SPTOOLS (SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119)
      DOWNLOAD
      ** Download this version. Do not download original version given below
    4. Original SPTOOLS version ROM directly from original moulinsky site (with blank stock recovery)
      DOWNLOAD
      ** Do not download this version.
    Addons/Patches/Mods:

1. Init.d Support: Install Univ_init.d_enabler.APK. Click on "Activate" & Done! Tested OK! (refer post)
      (*Optional and for advanced users only, who want to experiment with mods made for init.d folders. Everyone else can ignore this patch.)
    2. Flash Stock 4.2 Camera: Download (if you need the original one) 1088p video recording.
      *Optional
    3. Flash Stock 4.3 Camera: Download (the one which is included in this rom)
      *Optional
    4. UPDATED KITKAT4 LAUNCHER COMBINATION by CMahendra for SLD Rom (Download and Install from here) (NEW)
      *Optional App. *Only launcher, no additional apps included.
    (WARNING: Use at your own Risk. You lose warranty of device. I am not responsible for your bricked phone.)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] Tweaked Micromax A116i Factory Stock Deodexed Rooted [BASE], a ROM for the Micromax A116

Contributors
    cmahendra

Version Information

Created 2014-01-03
    Last Updated 2014-01-03
    INSTRUCTIONS FOR FLASHING VIA SPTOOLS METHOD
    ==============================================
    Please Read carefully.

Using Flash Tools to Flash TWRP/CWM Recovery to A116

Requirements:

TWRP/CWM Rewcovery
    Flash Tool
    A computer
    A Micromax A116 (obviously)

Steps To Follow:-

1. Install drivers for your phone using Micromax drivers.

2. Extract the Stock ROM folder and replace recovery.img with cwm recovery.

3. Extract and open the SP Flash Tools.

4. In SP Flash Tools, click on Scatter-Loading and the program will ask you the location of the scatter loading file for your device.

5. In the extracted folder of the stock rom, go to the folder named "S9201_MP_F4_B1_IN_MMX_0.16_flasher_user" and select the file "MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc" which is our scatter loading file.
    Check only recovery.img, preloader and uncheck all others.

6. Switch off your phone (Remove the battery to make sure it is switched off).

7. In Flash Tool, go to Options and Click USB Mode so that it is enabled. Click options again and then go to DA Download All > Speed and finally select High Speed.

8. Click the Download option (present on the right of Firmware
    > Upgrade option) and the flash tool will start looking for your phone.

9. Connect your phone now. The Flash Tool will start the flashing process, the progress of which can be viewed from a yellow progress bar at the bottom of the flash tool.
    **Don't interrupt this process as it can potentially brick your device.
    **Make sure no power interruption takes place. (Use a laptop to ensure this).

10. After the process completes, a green ring will appear on your device signalling that the process was successful.

11.Disconnect your phone.
    ==========================================
    Hope this helps. :)

TWRP 2.5.0.0 :
    Included in third download or here

CWM 6.0.3.3 :

http://www.mediafire.com/?hk5guk5f8a0xu4x

Mt6589 Scatter File :
    http://db.tt/JjMl15wO

SP Flash Tool v3.1304.0.119 :-
    http://d-h.st/Dmi

Drivers:-
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nv96xclhjmaiclu

64bit drivers:-
    http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2206421

*TWRP 2.5.0.0. is flawless tested working. :)

*CWM 6.0.3.3 is also good.

Credits: Instructions and links from Kumar Abhishek's old post. :) Thanks dude!

INSTRUCTIONS FOR FLASHING VIA SPTOOLS METHOD
    ==============================================
    Please Read carefully.

Using Flash Tools to Flash TWRP/CWM Recovery to A116

Requirements:

TWRP/CWM Rewcovery
    Flash Tool
    A computer
    A Micromax A116 (obviously)

Steps To Follow:-

1. Install drivers for your phone using Micromax drivers.

2. Extract the Stock ROM folder and replace recovery.img with cwm recovery.

3. Extract and open the SP Flash Tools.

4. In SP Flash Tools, click on Scatter-Loading and the program will ask you the location of the scatter loading file for your device.

5. In the extracted folder of the stock rom, go to the folder named "S9201_MP_F4_B1_IN_MMX_0.16_flasher_user" and select the file "MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc" which is our scatter loading file.
    Check only recovery.img, preloader and uncheck all others.

6. Switch off your phone (Remove the battery to make sure it is switched off).

7. In Flash Tool, go to Options and Click USB Mode so that it is enabled. Click options again and then go to DA Download All > Speed and finally select High Speed.

8. Click the Download option (present on the right of Firmware
    > Upgrade option) and the flash tool will start looking for your phone.

9. Connect your phone now. The Flash Tool will start the flashing process, the progress of which can be viewed from a yellow progress bar at the bottom of the flash tool.
    **Don't interrupt this process as it can potentially brick your device.
    **Make sure no power interruption takes place. (Use a laptop to ensure this).

10. After the process completes, a green ring will appear on your device signalling that the process was successful.

11.Disconnect your phone.
    Hope this helps. :)

TWRP 2.5.0.0 :
    Included in third download or here

CWM 6.0.3.3 :

http://www.mediafire.com/?hk5guk5f8a0xu4x

Mt6589 Scatter File :
    http://db.tt/JjMl15wO

SP Flsh tools:-
    http://mtk2000.ucoz.ru/down7/FT3.13.04.rar

Drivers:-
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nv96xclhjmaiclu

64bit drivers:-
    http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2206421

*TWRP 2.5.0.0. is flawless tested working. :)

*CWM 6.0.3.3 is also good.

Credits: Instructions and links from Kumar Abhishek's old post. :) Thanks dude!

stock 4.3 camera, does it replaces the cam application or add another 1...
    iam on MIUI rom and wanted to try the 4.3 camera for that..
    Plz tell me hw to revert if i mess up with it....

Camera 4.3 Patch is made only for stock and it replaces the 4.2 or vice versa. I dont know what will happen with MIUI.
    1) Firstly, I will suggest "Dont try".
    2) Secondly, if you still want to "Try at your own risk" after taking nandroid backup
    3) Do whatever you want to man, coz phones do not explode on faces for any misadventure. :D
    Hi, an absolute newbie here looking for custom ROMs for my Canvas A116 and your ROM looks like the best option. I had a couple of questions:

1. By "Stock ROM" do you mean it is the pure Google Android found on their Nexus devices? If not, are there any such ROMs for my device?

2. By "Working OTA Update" do you mean I can get future versions of Android (like Kitkat) OTA?

Thanks!

By stock ROM he means what OEM MMX has provided with no modifications, if ur looking for nexus style I suggest u can either try superluminadad or oppo r819 stock the earlier is themed aosp android where as the latter is built by oppo as an aosp n ported
    2nd question yes thats what he means quite directly

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk