Root Problem, Please help [Odin Stuck on RESET]

Search This thread

amit.dhatrak95

May 11, 2013
I recently updated my note to 4.4 officialy. Now i wanted to root my device [Galaxy Note2 N7100]. I used the method which roots the device by first installing TWRP recovery And then installing Super Su from that. But when i install from odin, after that recovery finishes from odin the place where PASS should come, its just comes as RESET. I tried doing this from other site also, still the same problem. Nothing happened to my phone, but still i need help as i want to root.
Also when i connect my phone the small box turns blue, so i guess my drivers are also installed correctly, please help me with an easy method as I am a noob with rooting. THANKS in advance

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

amit.dhatrak95

May 11, 2013
Also I hav KNOX on my phone, but i havent opened that app once also

optimusPRIME

Oct 3, 2011
Pune
WWW.Google.com
I recently updated my note to 4.4 officialy. Now i wanted to root my device [Galaxy Note2 N7100]. I used the method which roots the device by first installing TWRP recovery And then installing Super Su from that. But when i install from odin, after that recovery finishes from odin the place where PASS should come, its just comes as RESET. I tried doing this from other site also, still the same problem. Nothing happened to my phone, but still i need help as i want to root.
Also when i connect my phone the small box turns blue, so i guess my drivers are also installed correctly, please help me with an easy method as I am a noob with rooting. THANKS in advance

Why TWRP?
Try Philz CWM Advanced Edition from here...

When odin says PASS ,immediately press & hold VOL_UP + HOME + POWER buttons until device boots into recovery.

OR

Untick AUTO REBOOT option in odin before flashing recovery. After PASS try above mentioned method.

After boot into recovery select INSTALL and then browse to your SU.zip & flash it.

Then,

select REBOOT & then SYSTEM options respectively.
it asks you to overwrite stock recovery, then select YES.

Done, Now you r Rooted & installed.

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

amit.dhatrak95

May 11, 2013
Thats what i am sayin, PASS doesnt come only, instead of PASS its stuck on RESET

amit.dhatrak95

May 11, 2013
I just now tried the CF auto root method, Still it was stuck RESET.
The CF auto root installed the Super Su though, but now when I am tryin to open Super Su, it shows UNFORTUNATELY SUPERSU HAS STOPPED
Checked on root checker app, Its showing your device is not rooted

amit.dhatrak95

May 11, 2013
I downloaded the super su app from play store, and now its working.
The root checker app is showing that my device is rooted. But i doubt if my device is rooted, please help me