[Q] Formatted NVRAM using SP Flash Tool, what should I do?

Search This thread

ToldarkenHansam

May 8, 2013
Phone: Cherry Mobile Titan (Rebrand of Konka w990/Spice-mi 500/Axioo Picopad GEW)
Processor: MTK6577

Hello guys, this is my first post as I could no longer find any solution on the internet. Hoping some experts could help :D

I accidentally formatted the NVRAM of my phone using SP Flash Tool. The new update didn't have the option not to format it. Now my IMEI's are lost. Although it is still possible to restore them using some methods. But none of the methods I have found were permanent. A simple wipe/data factory reset from CWM Recovery removes it instantly. Is there a way I could restore the NVRAM, or at least make the restoration methods permanent?

Thanks in advance guys! :D

EDIT: I tried flashing all available ROMs (SP Flash Tool Based / Flashable Zips) but still it shows an invalid IMEI. I also tried restoring a backup of my stock ROM to no avail.

Last edited:

kokabunga

Nov 2, 2009
Phone: Cherry Mobile Titan (Rebrand of Konka w990/Spice-mi 500/Axioo Picopad GEW)

Hello guys, this is my first post as I could no longer find any solution on the internet. Hoping some experts could help :D

I accidentally formatted the NVRAM of my phone using SP Flash Tool. The new update didn't have the option not to format it. Now my IMEI's are lost. Although it is still possible to restore them using some methods. But none of the methods I have found were permanent. A simple wipe/data factory reset from CWM Recovery removes it instantly. Is there a way I could restore the NVRAM, or at least make the restoration methods permanent?

EDIT: I tried flashing all available ROMs (SP Flash Tool Based / Flashable Zips) but still it shows an invalid IMEI. I also tried restoring a backup of my stock ROM to no avail.

I'm in same case. I accidently damage my nvram ;
i have a complet backup made with mtkdroid tools (nvram included)
but sp flash tool doent give option to restore this part? how to restore?

Majkl007

Jan 6, 2011
Brno
the same problem for me. The phone is fully working, but it is very annoying to restore imei and delete wifi network (NVRAM WARNING err...) after each new ROM. And also I cannot sell this phone to anybody in the future.
No solution for this problem?

part90

Jun 16, 2013
somebody can write commenttt???

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

hey guys .at this picture error how can i solve this error?
h t t p : / /u1306.hizliresim.com/1b/l/p975s.jpg

Chrizzly92

Jul 18, 2012
Dresden
www.generationblood.de
first, you`ll need to root your device. refer to here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2332783
follow the tutorial step by step, if you brick your device i will laugh at you. if you got questions, ask them before doing random stuff.
if you got it rooted, you can recover your IMEI with different software. i will link one in this post later.
for questions - use this thread or PM me.

Last edited:

SaranRame

Jun 30, 2013

I think your phone is dead. Is the phone detected when you plug it in to your pc via USB?

Chrizzly92

Jul 18, 2012
Dresden
www.generationblood.de
so, here is a tool to generate the IMEI`s of your smartphone. you will usually find them in the back of your device. push the generated file to /data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI/ and DON'T FORGET TO SET FULL RWX rights. (with ADB, cd to the mentined folder and set MP0B_001 with chmod to mode 777, in root explorer just check every box for read write and execute. otherwise phone cannot read the IMEI.

Attachments

• imei.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 17,591

NStorm

Nov 8, 2012
What a lame answers. Especially ones suggesting to root phone.
They guy clearly told he is able to restore MP0B_001 in phone, but its SOFT-IMEI and is lost after wipe/factory reset.

@ Original question by ToldarkenHansam, which is kinda outdated, but considering lame answers here:
To restore HARD-IMEI in NVRAM hidden partition use SN Write Tool or Maui META 3G. They are able to write hard IMEI and calibration to NVRAM partition.

@ kokabunga - if you have nvram.bin backup you can easily resore it with SP Flash Tool. Just open your scatter file with any text editor, find a __NODL_NVRAM section and remove __NODL_ part from it. Reopen scatter in SP Flash Tool and you'll be able to check NVRAM partition.
It might not be able to upload it without other parts selected. But you can you Options->Write memory, then manually enter start address, which will be show on download/upgrade page near NVRAM and length (your nvram.bin length) - that will always work. Be careful to write correct address thou.

Sidenote: all suggested methods before only touch SOFT-IMEI, stored in /data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI/MP0B_001. Its lost with any wipe/reset, because whole /data partition are formatted. Then the whole /data/nvram directory (if it's empty) are restored from hidden NVRAM partition on EMMC. If you've corrupted your NVRAM when it won't restore correct IMEI ofc. With all methods mentioned above (i.e. replacing MP0B_001, echoing to pttycmd1, using mtkdroidtools, mobileuncletools and others) will only edit MP0B_001, i.e. soft copy of IMEI, which will be lost again with next hardware reset. Sure you restore your IMEI that way every time you wipe/reset/upgrade firmware. But its more solid to fix your IMEI partition with SN Write Tool / Maui META 3G so it will be correctly restored automatically from NVRAM at every wipe/etc.

EDIT: @Chrizzly92 this software are very outdate. It generates 24 byte MP0B_001 file, used by old MT6573/6513 platforms. Newer 6575/6577 uses 120 bytes MP0B_001 which are different. If you put 24 byte MP0B_001 generated instead from imei.c software, your phone will be buggy and will be constantly loosing IMEI every few hours until reboot. It's better to use MtkDroidTools or terminal method (echoing to /dev/pttycmd1) to correctly restore 120 byte IMEI file.

Last edited:

wickedspice

Apr 21, 2012
Mumbai
same thing happened to me.. only sn write tool maybe able to do the job..I have also lost wifi mac address..now getting nv110 error..
but I need database and modem files for xolo a700 can anyone help?

foox2k

Jul 17, 2013
They guy clearly told he is able to restore MP0B_001 in phone, but its SOFT-IMEI and is lost after wipe/factory reset.

@ Original question by ToldarkenHansam, which is kinda outdated, but considering lame answers here:
To restore HARD-IMEI in NVRAM hidden partition use SN Write Tool or Maui META 3G. They are able to write hard IMEI and calibration to NVRAM partition.

@ kokabunga - if you have nvram.bin backup you can easily resore it with SP Flash Tool. Just open your scatter file with any text editor, find a __NODL_NVRAM section and remove __NODL_ part from it. Reopen scatter in SP Flash Tool and you'll be able to check NVRAM partition.
It might not be able to upload it without other parts selected. But you can you Options->Write memory, then manually enter start address, which will be show on download/upgrade page near NVRAM and length (your nvram.bin length) - that will always work. Be careful to write correct address thou.

Sidenote: all suggested methods before only touch SOFT-IMEI, stored in /data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI/MP0B_001. Its lost with any wipe/reset, because whole /data partition are formatted. Then the whole /data/nvram directory (if it's empty) are restored from hidden NVRAM partition on EMMC. If you've corrupted your NVRAM when it won't restore correct IMEI ofc. With all methods mentioned above (i.e. replacing MP0B_001, echoing to pttycmd1, using mtkdroidtools, mobileuncletools and others) will only edit MP0B_001, i.e. soft copy of IMEI, which will be lost again with next hardware reset. Sure you restore your IMEI that way every time you wipe/reset/upgrade firmware. But its more solid to fix your IMEI partition with SN Write Tool / Maui META 3G so it will be correctly restored automatically from NVRAM at every wipe/etc.

EDIT: @Chrizzly92 this software are very outdate. It generates 24 byte MP0B_001 file, used by old MT6573/6513 platforms. Newer 6575/6577 uses 120 bytes MP0B_001 which are different. If you put 24 byte MP0B_001 generated instead from imei.c software, your phone will be buggy and will be constantly loosing IMEI every few hours until reboot. It's better to use MtkDroidTools or terminal method (echoing to /dev/pttycmd1) to correctly restore 120 byte IMEI file.

Greetings NStorm i try your method i already got one backup with MTKDROID TOOLS so i can use the NVRAM.BIN , i already modify scatter file and try to write memory but i only receive red bar, no yellow or green, so i think it not work at all, any suggestions also sorry for my bad english im from Mexico, ohhh i forgot i already have a full backup from all the files in the smartphone do you know if i can FLASH the Full Backup back? or a CWM restore or other kind of solution?

OpenMinded

Oct 26, 2006
Greetings NStorm i try your method i already got one backup with MTKDROID TOOLS so i can use the NVRAM.BIN , i already modify scatter file and try to write memory but i only receive red bar, no yellow or green, so i think it not work at all, any suggestions also sorry for my bad english im from Mexico, ohhh i forgot i already have a full backup from all the files in the smartphone do you know if i can FLASH the Full Backup back? or a CWM restore or other kind of solution?

NStorm, thanks for your awesome explanation.
I do not fully understand the nvbin flashing part.
I also have a backup I believe, but I am unsure.
I do have a proper nvram backup, so the proper files that are overwritten on flash.
With SP flash tool I get error 8038 when trying to flash.
Firmware upgrade is not working either even with all partitions.
I tried to remove __NODL__ from the nvram to fix it, but no luck.

Can you explain how to make that imei file and flash it with dd command or anything?
Would be awesome to get this problem fixed!
thank you

[update]guess what, you can do it with mtk droid tools 2.4.8 too!
I tried that before, but I used a backup I made after the issue.
Found an older one and it seems to work![/update]

Last edited:
Reactions: CVAngelo

bayustev

Jul 1, 2012
in my head
guys..for permanent nvram, imei error or invalid use sn write tools.
mine solve a long ago..please read this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2206421
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2197378&page=3
btw use a complete sn write tool
well works for me ,after factory reset everthing still as writen..
my phone mtk 6577 chipset based

2.PNG

Last edited:

rohitjaiswal

Mar 15, 2013
Gurgaon
Phone is Dead (canvas 2)

i have selected "whole format" option in format tab in sp tools. but doing this my phone got dead. pls help me

Reactions: flacocel

amicheal

Sep 14, 2013
Revived your ZTE V793 now!

Ok guys..

I'll share to you my ROM for flashing using SP Flash Tools application.

Note: I'll not take any responsibility for any damage, warranty void to your phone

1. Download SP Flas Tools - find it in xda or Google..
2. Download this ROM : This is backup ROM porting to my android device kindly remove in-necessary applications. As it's ready to flash via SP FLASH Tools so basically it'll be straight forward thing. Link here :
HTML:
[URL="http://www.4shared.com/archive/iBNm1jxI/V793_Files_to_FlashTool.html"]V793[/URL]
Password :
s@ve

3. Extract the file using 7zip. Then extract the ZIP file inside.
4. Open SP_Flash_Tools.. select the extracted files earlier and select the scatter file.
5. Everything will be pick automatically.
6. Take your phone battery. Press start and wait "Searching" and connect your Phone (without battery) using USB.
7. Make sure you have the driver. Installed the driver if necessary.
8. Wait until you get "Doughnut" OK button. Warning : Never disconnect the cable during this operation as it'll brick your phone forever.
9. Once, OK. please disconnect your cable. Put the battery into the phone.
10. Make sure the battery at-least 80% before you perform the CWM steps.

Good Luck! If you need any further guide please revert here.. I'll try to create another 'empty' ROM after this if there is a request. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

i have selected "whole format" option in format tab in sp tools. but doing this my phone got dead. pls help me

Hi there..

before perform any update please... and please backup your ROM.. that's the reason "MTKdroidtools" being develop.

Use the application to gain "temp" root to able you to get the image files.

Then create SP Flash ready files from the backup image files.

If you don't have the backup ROM don't be hesitate to search it in google and XDA forum.. if your phone is "unique" please ask your friend. Loan the phone for a few minutes to make a backup images.

javedsipra

Sep 27, 2013

i have imei problem , i have tried all of ways to write/restore/repair imei but failed. i have radio problem. System/dev/radio/pttycmd1
Radio is empty. there is no pttycmd1 so i can't writ imei . please tell how i can restore pttycmd1 or whole radio restore on my device ?
is it possible ? please please reply me soon. thanks,
javed.sipra@gmail.com:crying:

alaa.hamdy

Jun 12, 2010
Solution of NVRAM.img and no-services Lenovo S820

i have imei problem , i have tried all of ways to write/restore/repair imei but failed. i have radio problem. System/dev/radio/pttycmd1
Radio is empty. there is no pttycmd1 so i can't writ imei . please tell how i can restore pttycmd1 or whole radio restore on my device ?
is it possible ? please please reply me soon. thanks,
javed.sipra@gmail.com:crying:

Solution of NVRAM.img and no-services Lenovo S820...thanks

Attachments

• NVRAM.zip
    485.2 KB · Views: 6,678
Last edited:

javedsipra

Sep 27, 2013

if you have CWM backup so you can install CWM on your phone and make a backup of current OS, then put the CWM backup in it and restore it.
if you have MTK Droid tools backup then you first make a flash able backup by choosing MD5 file from the backup. then it makes a new folder !file_to_flashtools . this is your flash able backup with scatter file.
Open MTK flashtools and select the scatter file and choose download or upgrade firmware which you like. connect the PC with battery or without battery , choose the options for battery.
make sure your android adb interface driver and preloader driver and cdc drivers are installed ?

how to install drivers ?
on your phone and select development and check debugging option and connect with PC. PC install drivers automatically if you have windows 7 . stop that process and install drivers manually . second time switch off your device put the battery out for 15 sec and put it again but no phone on. just off mode. connect with pc and install its preloader driver. Now press the power button continuously on phone device its ask for CDC drivers. install it and now your drivers are done.

for further detail contact on javed.sipra@gmail.com

Reactions: CVAngelo

sarry86

Oct 18, 2012
Arusha

your method of writing memory manually worked for me to bring back my /dev/radio folder and its contents, still cwmr write my imei though :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

so, here is a tool to generate the IMEI`s of your smartphone. you will usually find them in the back of your device. push the generated file to /data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI/ and DON'T FORGET TO SET FULL RWX rights. (with ADB, cd to the mentined folder and set MP0B_001 with chmod to mode 777, in root explorer just check every box for read write and execute. otherwise phone cannot read the IMEI.
    first, you`ll need to root your device. refer to here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2332783
    follow the tutorial step by step, if you brick your device i will laugh at you. if you got questions, ask them before doing random stuff.
    if you got it rooted, you can recover your IMEI with different software. i will link one in this post later.
    for questions - use this thread or PM me.
    Revived your ZTE V793 now!

Ok guys..

I'll share to you my ROM for flashing using SP Flash Tools application.

Note: I'll not take any responsibility for any damage, warranty void to your phone

1. Download SP Flas Tools - find it in xda or Google..
    2. Download this ROM : This is backup ROM porting to my android device kindly remove in-necessary applications. As it's ready to flash via SP FLASH Tools so basically it'll be straight forward thing. Link here :
    HTML:
    [URL="http://www.4shared.com/archive/iBNm1jxI/V793_Files_to_FlashTool.html"]V793[/URL]
    Password :
    s@ve

3. Extract the file using 7zip. Then extract the ZIP file inside.
    4. Open SP_Flash_Tools.. select the extracted files earlier and select the scatter file.
    5. Everything will be pick automatically.
    6. Take your phone battery. Press start and wait "Searching" and connect your Phone (without battery) using USB.
    7. Make sure you have the driver. Installed the driver if necessary.
    8. Wait until you get "Doughnut" OK button. Warning : Never disconnect the cable during this operation as it'll brick your phone forever.
    9. Once, OK. please disconnect your cable. Put the battery into the phone.
    10. Make sure the battery at-least 80% before you perform the CWM steps.

Good Luck! If you need any further guide please revert here.. I'll try to create another 'empty' ROM after this if there is a request. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

Hi there..

before perform any update please... and please backup your ROM.. that's the reason "MTKdroidtools" being develop.

Use the application to gain "temp" root to able you to get the image files.

Then create SP Flash ready files from the backup image files.

If you don't have the backup ROM don't be hesitate to search it in google and XDA forum.. if your phone is "unique" please ask your friend. Loan the phone for a few minutes to make a backup images.
    guys..for permanent nvram, imei error or invalid use sn write tools.
    mine solve a long ago..please read this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2206421
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2197378&page=3
    btw use a complete sn write tool
    well works for me ,after factory reset everthing still as writen..
    my phone mtk 6577 chipset based

2.PNG