[THEME][UPD APR 7]BBExtreme 5.3 - RHODIUM Version

For next version, what color font should it be?

• White

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Black

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Gray

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
5.3 is for rhodium manila only
For other manila versions, check out 4.0 or 3.1 below.

Changes:
Home Tab: Removed call history and no appointments. Voicemail and valid appointments still show. Moved appointment list higher so you can see maximum of 4 now. Moved date and alarm above time, and moved carrier name to center. Clock press now takes you to a 6 tab screen(call history, all people, web search, world clock, alarm, and profiles) instead of the standard world clock view.
Album Tab: Enlarged pictures/videos preview size for easier viewing
Music Tab: Enlarged album view and changed perspective
Internet Tab: Removed the logo/Launch Browser for better viewing since new search bar cut into screen area. Added "launch browser" link that launches whatever your default browser is.
Programs Tab: Changed to 3 icon view and changed All Programs to 4 icon view
Added/New:
Manila Start Menu compatible
updated files for xbmod v1D
Background for all tabs
Removed Title on all tab pages after Home, but left it showing on the subpages.
theme backgrounds for preview when sliding tabs
new theme background for level1 menus
Fixed:
layout for internet tab
programs tab bug where start menu launched
notifications on tab cut off
MORE TO COME, and there will likely be updates and fixes as the manila port advances

Download CAB HERE:

BBExtreme 5.3 CAB - Mediafire

Cab install:
1. Disable touchflo3d in phone Settings\Today\Items
2. Navigate to cab file and click/run it. Restart not necessary.
3. Re-enable touchflo3d in phone Settings\Today\Items
4. Go to touchflo3d Settings page and choose wallpaper. Wallpaper are installed into My Documents\My Pictures\Wallpaper.

To Uninstall:
Disable touchflo3d in phone Settings\Today\Items
2. Go to phone Settings\System\Remove Programs and remove the cab file.
3. Re-enable touchflo3d in phone Settings\Today\Items

Old Builds for standard Manila TF3D:
BBExtreme 4.0 Remix CAB
BBExtreme 3.1 CAB

If you don't want entire theme, here's a few cabs for parts of it:
If you only want the glass or smoked glass clock image files, cabs are located at end of this post. They only include the images, so you will need to have a working flip clock first. Two cabs are transparent glass, one with white numbers, and the other with black numbers. The other is smoked glass with black numbers.
For HD people tab only, cab located at end of post. May not work with all devices.
Program Launcher icon backgrounds are in two cabs below, one for the clear glass, other is smoked glass.
Wallpaper zip for versions 1 through 3.1 Download HERE

Thanks go out to Chainfire, 6Fg8, Dman666 for the great tools they've made for editing manila files. Thanks to xboxmod and team for the manila package. Thanks to NRGz28 and At0mAng for the roms using it. The icons are from Aqwoah theme I used from Iphone. I just added them to the black buttons I made. The 8 included wallpapers are collected ones from here and there, thanks to whoever made them.

Introducing XWeather

XWeather works with any tf3d theme as an addon using mortscript, secondtoday, and homescreen ++UI. It gives weather details not available with standard tf3d weather and lets you add 4 radar url images. Auto or manual updates with on/off time periods. Option to turn off radar updates.
Its also QVGA compatible if you have a qvga device you want to add it to.
Check post #5 for downloads and install instructions.

xweather.jpg

Thanks go out to Beyond Invisible for weather graphics.

If you can't download from mediafire, please contact me for alternate link.

Attachments

• GlassBlackClock.cab
    389.8 KB · Views: 1,501
  • GlassWhiteClock.cab
    389.8 KB · Views: 1,270
  • HDPeopleTab.cab
    304.3 KB · Views: 1,211
  • SmokedBlackClock.cab
    389.8 KB · Views: 760
  • GlassPrgLauncher.cab
    34.4 KB · Views: 696
  • SmokedPrgLauncher.cab
    33.5 KB · Views: 535
  • BBExtreme_Series5_GlassClock.cab
    527.7 KB · Views: 823
Last edited:

kwill

Jun 15, 2006
Austin, TX
looks great showaco. thanks a lot for hooking us all up and just curious to know how u got the call history and calendar off the home screen? also, can just calendar be left on or vice versa? main reason being is call history being a tab negates the need for it on home screen. however, the calendar tab DOESNT replace the one click calendar view we were all getting so used to:) only bugs and not sure the first one is, but, the date doesnt show up on the calendar tab icon and i dont get the popup menu on the sms tab (new, reply, etc.). other than that, liking the new enhancements, even the new envelope animation
edit** noticed the calendar date isnt bug, its like that in screenshot:)

Last edited:

Hemant

Nov 29, 2004
greatly done but could you please also upload on rapidshare or megaupload as cant access mediafire here. thanks.

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
XWeather needs mortscipt, HomeScreen PlusPlus UI, and SecondToday if you want to use it with tf3d. It will work with any theme, not only this one. It could also be added to another homescreen plusplus theme or other UI's as well.
Tabs in screenshots:
1st* Current Weather condiitions
2nd* 5 day forecast conditions
3rd* 4 radar images
4th* weather setup/options
5th* run manual update

Screen30.png
Screen32.png

Screen39.png
Screen43.png

Installation for XWeather:
1* weatherEssentials.zip below has cab files for Mortscript, HS++UI, and SecondToday. Download it and install the cab files.
2* Download xweather cab below and install it, soft reset after installation.
3* After reboot, your left soft key will be set to launch SecondToday/Xweather, press it now.
4* When SecondToday starts, choose Homescreen PlusPlus as today plugin.
5* When HS++ loads, it will have battery monitor in top left of screen. Tap and Hold on it to bring up HS++ options. Go to the Advanced menu and choose XWeather as the theme and click OK.
6* You should now have xweather loaded, fourth button is for xweather setup options. Run it now and set all the options, when finished, run update and exit. It uses accuweather, so city code is same as for tf3d, if you don't know your code then use this link: http://hadle.accu-weather.com/widget/hadle/city-find.asp?location=london, just change location name to your city instead of London.
7* Left soft key will take you back to tf3d.

Download ---->> XWeather.CAB

Attachments

• weatherEssentials.zip
    324.2 KB · Views: 2,498
Last edited:
Reactions: ahmet-54-54

BlueAnt1958

Dec 27, 2006
Sydney
Wow

What can I say. Simply awesome work and I'm still digging the Blue Theme.

Could you also do BBExtreme in Blue?

I'm really kinda over the HTC blackness.

rjmjr69

Dec 11, 2008
Southie

I second this request but OMG this is nice must have

I would suggest linking my directions for sprint TP users here as well same would apply for installing

griffin911

Feb 22, 2006
Gilbert
looks great showaco. thanks a lot for hooking us all up and just curious to know how u got the call history and calendar off the home screen? also, can just calendar be left on or vice versa? main reason being is call history being a tab negates the need for it on home screen. however, the calendar tab DOESNT replace the one click calendar view we were all getting so used to:) only bugs and not sure the first one is, but, the date doesnt show up on the calendar tab icon and i dont get the popup menu on the sms tab (new, reply, etc.). other than that, liking the new enhancements, even the new envelope animation
edit** noticed the calendar date isnt bug, its like that in screenshot:)

Great theme! But is it possible as mentioned above to have the calendar on the home screen added back in?

Last edited:

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
looks great showaco. thanks a lot for hooking us all up and just curious to know how u got the call history and calendar off the home screen? also, can just calendar be left on or vice versa? main reason being is call history being a tab negates the need for it on home screen. however, the calendar tab DOESNT replace the one click calendar view we were all getting so used to only bugs and not sure the first one is, but, the date doesnt show up on the calendar tab icon and i dont get the popup menu on the sms tab (new, reply, etc.). other than that, liking the new enhancements, even the new envelope animation
edit** noticed the calendar date isnt bug, its like that in screenshot
On sms tab, you mean the menu like in my screenshot, right? I took shot showing that in case we ran into that issue again I could be sure thats what you were talking about. I'll check on adding the calendar to home tab again, I don't know as I didn't try to save it when I was butchering it.:D
Great work, love the theme! Any chance of a .cab file for just the clock?
Maybe, but if you want it now, just download the zip file and extact the clock images from it, its only two files.

I was too, hence the blue theme:), but I still like black, so its possible, but not too soon.
Looks awesome, but it removed my stock tab from Lantis RC2 Beta.

So i have to uninstall it.

Belsj
Sorry 'bout that, isn't the stock tab only on the touch hd manila?
lovin this one, the clck transparency, and the extra tabs especially...
Great to hear! thanks for the feedback:)
this is just what we needed..

kudos!

Jstar
Glad you like:cool:

Dyaus

Nov 28, 2006
i really like the transparent clock you did for this theme. would it be possible to get just the clock or list the manilla files that i need to get just the clock. thanks.

mzshortay

Jan 24, 2008
On sms tab, you mean the menu like in my screenshot, right? I took shot showing that in case we ran into that issue again I could be sure thats what you were talking about. I'll check on adding the calendar to home tab again, I don't know as I didn't try to save it when I was butchering it.:D

Maybe, but if you want it now, just download the zip file and extact the clock images from it, its only two files.

Glad you like:cool:

i really like the transparent clock you did for this theme. would it be possible to get just the clock or list the manilla files that i need to get just the clock. thanks.

I second this. I've downloaded the file, but cannot tell which files belong to the clock. Any help here? I really like that clock. That theme is sick (nice) too, but I'm not too into the black.

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
By popular request, here's the two image files for transparent clock. FYI, it also has a different alarm icon, so you may want to change it.

Attachments

• ClockImage.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 141

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XWeather needs mortscipt, HomeScreen PlusPlus UI, and SecondToday if you want to use it with tf3d. It will work with any theme, not only this one. It could also be added to another homescreen plusplus theme or other UI's as well.
    Tabs in screenshots:
    1st* Current Weather condiitions
    2nd* 5 day forecast conditions
    3rd* 4 radar images
    4th* weather setup/options
    5th* run manual update

Screen30.png
    Screen32.png

Screen39.png
    Screen43.png

Installation for XWeather:
    1* weatherEssentials.zip below has cab files for Mortscript, HS++UI, and SecondToday. Download it and install the cab files.
    2* Download xweather cab below and install it, soft reset after installation.
    3* After reboot, your left soft key will be set to launch SecondToday/Xweather, press it now.
    4* When SecondToday starts, choose Homescreen PlusPlus as today plugin.
    5* When HS++ loads, it will have battery monitor in top left of screen. Tap and Hold on it to bring up HS++ options. Go to the Advanced menu and choose XWeather as the theme and click OK.
    6* You should now have xweather loaded, fourth button is for xweather setup options. Run it now and set all the options, when finished, run update and exit. It uses accuweather, so city code is same as for tf3d, if you don't know your code then use this link: http://hadle.accu-weather.com/widget/hadle/city-find.asp?location=london, just change location name to your city instead of London.
    7* Left soft key will take you back to tf3d.

Download ---->> XWeather.CAB
    Yes the transparent place holders so you can see more of the image in the background right now its solid black and takes up allot of realestate
    XWeather URL change / script rebooting phone

First off, I have found that XWeather doesn't work with MortScript 4.3b5, which Showaco is using for TitaniumWeather, so if in future anyone has their phone resetting after running a weather update, that's why.

Second, I found that MortScript doesn't like the EndSub in the If-EndIf subroutine in line 140, so I removed that, which allowed the script to run. And the URL has changed for updates, so I copied the new URL in the TitaniumWeather script.

However, I cannot get the "Cloud Cover %" or "Dew point" to show, the values are empty. Both scripts use the same commands to collect data:

If (pos)
    pos = pos + 10
    len = Find(curdata, "</dewpoint>",pos)-pos
    dewpt = SubStr(curdata,pos,len)
    EndIf

pos = Find(curdata,"<cloudcover>")
    If (pos)
    pos = pos + 12
    len = Find(curdata, "%</cloudcover>",pos)-pos
    clouds = SubStr(curdata,pos,len)
    # can't get round function to word
    clouds = part(clouds,".",1) & "%"
    EndIf​

so I don't know where the glitch is.

EDIT: The URL from where the data comes (in my case http://wwwa.accuweather.com/adcbin/forecastfox/weather_data.asp?location=85257&metric=0) doesn't have values for dew point or cloud cover.

Any help would be appreciated.