X2 issue and ???

Search This thread

redfish10

Aug 4, 2011
My X2 starting losing signal. Today I did a hard reboot and when the phone comes back on it makes it to the black screen with the Motorola logo and says Modem did not power up (2) starting RSD protocol support. Verizon is sending me a warranty replacement. I have already done a factory reset. Phone was rooted would the factory reset erase the root so that it's safe to send back.
Phone was rooted with Pete's root tool.

droidzika

Apr 6, 2012
42.6525° N, 73.7567° W
My X2 starting losing signal. Today I did a hard reboot and when the phone comes back on it makes it to the black screen with the Motorola logo and says Modem did not power up (2) starting RSD protocol support. Verizon is sending me a warranty replacement. I have already done a factory reset. Phone was rooted would the factory reset erase the root so that it's safe to send back.
Phone was rooted with Pete's root tool.

try dialing *228 option 2 This will reconfigure your signal from cell towers

http://support.verizonwireless.com/faqs/Wireless%20Service/faq_prl_preferred_roaming_list_update.html

redfish10

Aug 4, 2011
I tried that. The phone will not make it past the black screen with the Motorola logo. And I get the modem message across the top.

redfish10

Aug 4, 2011
That's what I figured. I have another phone on the way. I was able to do a factory reset. Would this remove the root. Phone was rooted with Pete's one click root tool.

Omega360

Apr 19, 2012
Ohio
google.com
SBF = wipe everything. This is like doing a total factory reset; it clears and re-writes almost every partition. Root access would be wiped out from it.

6Flip9

Jan 22, 2012
Shelton
****@Reddish****

Try resetting ur super user

Go to app manager and clear data I found that to be my problem in the past and then turn off ur x2, not reset your phone. Than repower.

Hope it works.

What are you running?

Sent from MB870 W/ Cm7.2 Rc1 MASHUP V2
SUCESS I THINK YES...

SBF = wipe everything. This is like doing a total factory reset; it clears and re-writes almost every partition. Root access would be wiped out from it.

Not ENTIRELY true.
While flashing a sbf file using RSDlite, you are setting all the system and proprietary things back to completely stock. It will remove root access, and all that junk, along with all, the things that came from mods/tweaks/hacks/roms
BUT flashing sbf BY ITSELF alone will NOT wipe away ANY user data. You MUST data wipe from stock recovery to do that. This is why sometimes you boot loop,after sbf flash , and you need to data wipe to cure those boot loop blues, cuz sometimes there are things left over that you tweaked that didn't get wiped out after flashing the sbf, but they get removed from a data wipe from stock Android recovery.

To sum up:
For a TRUE OUT OF BOX FACTORY CONDITION(i.e. You just bought and opened the box) MUST flash sbf file using RSDlite with a computer. AND THEN after that, you wipe data/cache from stock Android recovery.

I'm willing to bet that would have also fixed you issues with not being able to boot past Motorola screen as well. Cant hurt to get a new one, but if you can compare them to see which is in better working order, then it couldn't hurt to do.
Either way, if youre going to send it in, and want to erase traces of root and such, then you need to do more than just data wipe. You NEED to sbf AND data wipe.

From my nexus tappin the talk
<edit post successful>

Reactions: tallyforeman

6Flip9

Jan 22, 2012
Shelton
Just do recovery...

Pull your battery/replace
And plug it in... to the wall that is

Screw an sbf

Sent from MB870 W/ Cm7.2 Rc1 MASHUP V2
SUCESS I THINK YES...

Specter597

Jan 25, 2012
Washington DC
Modem Did Not Power Up (2)

I'm willing to bet that would have also fixed you issues with not being able to boot past Motorola screen as well. Cant hurt to get a new one, but if you can compare them to see which is in better working order, then it couldn't hurt to do.
Either way, if youre going to send it in, and want to erase traces of root and such, then you need to do more than just data wipe. You NEED to sbf AND data wipe.
<edit post successful>

This is absolutely true. The error "Modem did not power up (2)" is something that I have been dealing with as well. I'd love to work with someone to figure out the problem, but it is probably not hardware. I encountered this error for the first time 2 weeks after installing Eclipse 2.2.1. I solved it by SBF to Stock. Once I had re-installed a stock ROM the error went away and the phone operated normally. I just had this error pop up again almost exactly 2 weeks after installing CM7 RC1. When I get home I'm going to SBF to stock and hopefully that will correct the issue (again). I tried clearing my cache and then clearing my data through stock recovery, but that won't correct the error - and unfortunately the error happens before BSR boots so I can't Nandroid back to a healthy setup and see where the problem is. Both times I lost signal on the phone, re-booted, and then got stuck at the Red M with the Modem error. :crying:

I'm going to try to load CM7 again, but it's pretty awful to have this happen at work and suddenly be without a functional phone. (Maybe I have to install RSD Lite on my work computer ...)

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated but I can tell you that ashclepdia is right, it is probably not a hardware problem. It seems to be a problem with rooting/flashing on certain handset builds.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Not ENTIRELY true.
    While flashing a sbf file using RSDlite, you are setting all the system and proprietary things back to completely stock. It will remove root access, and all that junk, along with all, the things that came from mods/tweaks/hacks/roms
    BUT flashing sbf BY ITSELF alone will NOT wipe away ANY user data. You MUST data wipe from stock recovery to do that. This is why sometimes you boot loop,after sbf flash , and you need to data wipe to cure those boot loop blues, cuz sometimes there are things left over that you tweaked that didn't get wiped out after flashing the sbf, but they get removed from a data wipe from stock Android recovery.

To sum up:
    For a TRUE OUT OF BOX FACTORY CONDITION(i.e. You just bought and opened the box) MUST flash sbf file using RSDlite with a computer. AND THEN after that, you wipe data/cache from stock Android recovery.

From my nexus tappin the talk
    <edit post successful>