[ROM][4.3.1] SlimHalo | Animation Control | Weather Panel [11/02/2013]

Search This thread

lqdcat

Jun 21, 2009
This ROM is ridic fast and running perfectly on my device. Thank you OP for making this available for us!

I have three questions, perhaps someone can chime in here.

The stock camera app doesn't seem to have zoom. I've noticed this on a couple diff 4.3 ROM's.

LED lights. I didn't see the option to customize the LED lights for apps. Is this feature baked in or should I use an app like light manager from the play store?

And lastly, is there an option to add the camera pane in the lock screen or is there a separate .zip?

Thanks again OP for stellar additions to slim that make an otherwise good ROM great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Camera is pinch to zoom. The widget is in security - lock screen and led are in display settings.

Reactions: brianray14

Florendroid

Feb 3, 2012
Vancouver
This ROM is ridic fast and running perfectly on my device. Thank you OP for making this available for us!

The stock camera app doesn't seem to have zoom. I've noticed this on a couple diff 4.3 ROM's.

LED lights. I didn't see the option to customize the LED lights for apps. Is this feature baked in or should I use an app like light manager from the play store?

And lastly, is there an option to add the camera pane in the lock screen or is there a separate .zip?

Thanks again OP for stellar additions to slim that make an otherwise good ROM great!

- yes there's a zoom : pinch in or out on preview screen
- i don't think you can customize the LED with Slim ?
- for camera widget on lockscreen go to Security --> lockscreen

Thanks for your kind words.

EDIT: I wasn't fast enough

Last edited:

Showme1

Mar 4, 2013
Tampa
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 7

LED control
Settings>display>. Battery for battery LEDs. Pulse notification for app LEDs

Last edited:

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
This thread is quiet! That's the sure sign of a sound ROM!

I noticed another strange quirk and I was wondering if someone else wouldn't mind testing this out to see whether it's a chrome related issue or Rom related. When navigating to http://news.google.com via chrome, it displays like the pic below. I'll also add that I replaced my chrome app with a blacked out version from team black out so this could also be a problem. Thanks in advance guys.

P.S. Google news usually displays a mobile version. I noticed this behavior on a few of slim's 4.2.2 builds as well a couple other ROM's

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383507387100.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383507387100.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Reactions: solfly7

Sajoeee

Jun 8, 2013
This thread is quiet! That's the sure sign of a sound ROM!

I noticed another strange quirk and I was wondering if someone else wouldn't mind testing this out to see whether it's a chrome related issue or Rom related. When navigating to http://news.google.com via chrome, it displays like the pic below. I'll also add that I replaced my chrome app with a blacked out version from team black out so this could also be a problem. Thanks in advance guys.

P.S. Google news usually displays a mobile version. I noticed this behavior on a few of slim's 4.2.2 builds as well a couple other ROM's

happens on every rom, not just this rom. might be a chrome issue? it happens on all google pages, like g+ and such.. :silly:

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
happens on every rom, not just this rom. might be a chrome issue? it happens on all google pages, like g+ and such.. :silly:

Every other Google page I open in chrome displays as it should. Anyway.. not a deal breaker by any means. Just wondered if anyone knew why this phenomenon effects certain builds (like slim 4.2.2 v7.6 I think) and not other builds (like slim 4.2.2 v8 )

Last edited:

tobesedated

Jan 30, 2013
London
No problems with the update at all and I installed the newest PA gapps which are actually the 4.4 fixed to run on 4.3 ROMs. I originally posted in the wrong forum lol but found my way back lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

tobesedated

Jan 30, 2013
London
I just installed the latest PA Gapps and the Dark UI toggle does not have any effect on the Google apps like it does with the Slim Gapps package.

You're right... Sorry I was thinking did it mess with being able to use dark ui at all... My bad

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
anyone able to add more than 1 contact for text messaging? im only able to add one and then i cannot type anymore names.

Confirmed. I can't either

P.s. how's everyone's battery life so far. I know this is a loaded question with lots of variables but I've had the same apps for well over a year and some ROM'S are definitely better than others in terms of battery. I haven't cycled this ROM 3 times yet so that could possibly be the issue here but I've lost half my battery in 3 hours. Dunno, I'll run better battery stats to see if i can hunt down the offending app.

Last edited:
Reactions: polobreaka

CrackerTeg

Jul 29, 2011
I am Z. Learn it, love it.
Confirmed. I can't either

Another one here. I usually don't group text but after seeing the reports, I had to check it out. I'm going to try pulling the MMS apk out of slim and give it a go.

Edit-I pulled the slim mms.apk out of the 2.0 stable build and threw it in. Multi text works in the stock slim mms app.

Last edited:
Reactions: polobreaka

matrixzone

Mar 19, 2012
Thanks for the update op. Small question: Can we expect early KitKat preview release considering slim team have created the trees and have working alpha build for some devices. Slim takes at least 2 weeks after the alpha release for building d2att device.

Florendroid

Feb 3, 2012
Vancouver
Thanks for the update op. Small question: Can we expect early KitKat preview release considering slim team have created the trees and have working alpha build for some devices. Slim takes at least 2 weeks after the alpha release for building d2att device.

Patience patience. I'd rather wait for Slim to release 4.4 first to avoid problems. Some people flash without reading instructions and end up screwing their phones and blaming it on devs even if it's a user error. I don't want that.

jasvncnt1

Dec 8, 2011
Union NJ
Only think i don't see..unless I'm missing it is hold back to kill?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone. I'm proud to present SlimHalo : SlimBean built from source + cherry-picks

mj7x.png

Features

All the Slim Bean goodies

+ Halo ( Paranoid Android/Carbon)

+ Listview animation/interpolator ( ThinkingBridge)

+ Network speed indicator (ThinkingBridge)

+ Quicksettings random colors ( Baked/Carbon)

+ Quicksettings flip animation ( Baked)

+ Vibration Multiplier (LiquidSmooth)

+ Quicksettings Camera Tile (LiquidSmooth/CM)

+ AppSidebar (ChameleonOS/Beanstalk)

+ Animation Control (AOKP)

+ Active Display (Chameleon OS)

+ AOKP status bar Weather Panel

Download / Installation

*Download Rom here and MAKE SURE IT'S FOR YOUR DEVICE !!!
    *Follow instructions from Slim website (you need the latest recovery !!)

older builds :
    2013-10-26
    2013-10-20
    2013-10-13

Credits & Links

This is not my own ROM. I did nothing but build Slim from source and cherry-picked features that are not my own work ! So all the credits go to :
    * SlimRom team (obviously). Thanks for your awesome work link to official thread
    * CM team
    * CyanKang source
    * Chameleon OS / OxD34D source
    * TeamBridge source
    * TeamBaked source
    * Paranoid/Android source
    * Carbon source
    * Beanstalk source
    * LiquidSmooth source
    * AOKP source
    * Dirty Unicorns source
    * Cl3kener for his fantastic guide
    * FauxAffliction
    * Kennkannif
    * ThDude
    * Jiggs82 for testing

and probably others that I'm forgetting right now

my github

Disclaimer & Notes

You probably know by now that you flash at your own risk and I'm not responsible for any damage to your phone or if your phone starts calling you names during a dinner with your mother-in-law :laugh:

Also I DON'T OWN THE DEVICE , neither am I an expert at developping, so if you encounter bugs I'll do my best to adress them but no guarantees.
    ENJOY !
    Latest and probably last build before KitKat is up.
    Wow great work on the rom! just downloaded and testing it now, but I cant find active display anywhere :S

go to Security --> lockscreen --> active display

In next build :

bdoq.png
    Just noticed Slim team is committing changes on Github for the stable release. Great.

Can we have the SlimHalo before the Slim weekly?

Sorry man but I'll release build 2.0 tomorrow or Sunday.
    In the meantime here's some reading about Slim history. Congratulations Slim for getting this far. Keep up the good work !
    new build is up !