[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.3] CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightlies for the Nexus 7 (2013, LTE)

Search This thread

romracer

Apr 4, 2010
Kansas City
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, after market firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 10.2 to your device, or coming from another ROM?

1. Download the zip(s)
  2. Install a compatible Recovery
  3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
  4. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!)
  5. Flash CyanogenMod
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
Other issues?

Experience issues? As these are nightlies, bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
Unofficial Nightly:

Download: link

Google Apps addon:
Use 4.3 gapps

Device tree:
Source: link

This is an unofficial release based on the Nexus 7 (2013, Wi-Fi) release - aka Flo. This is built using my device tree which mirrors Google's AOSP tree + CM Flo additions. This should actually work on Flo as well but this is untested on that device. There are no patches to the Flo device tree required to build this on your own. Minus my device tree, all credit is due to the CyanogenMod team.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
[UNOFFICIAL][4.3] CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightlies for the Nexus 7 (LTE), a ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
romracer
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Current Beta Version: CM10.2
Beta Release Date: 2013-09-26

Created 2013-09-26
Last Updated 2013-09-26

romracer

Apr 4, 2010
Kansas City
Reserved

Reserved.. just in case. Feel free to discuss issues in this thread. I will report them upstream or resolve as appropriate (if I can reproduce them!).

Couple notes: this is built using the AOSP tree plus the necessary CM additions. I've cherry-picked improvements made to Flo. I've also merged necessary changes from the newer Flo tree that make sense in Deb. I believe this should work on Flo technically (the RIL is disabled unless running on a board with a modem) but I haven't tested this.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: User_99

MaximN97

Apr 29, 2011
Big THX for this Rom. Download now. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

dare599z

Sep 27, 2012
Thanks for making this!
Having no touchscreen issues like i was on the PACman rom.

However, i'm still getting data issues even with this rom. I'm running a t-mobile sim and it seems that after a few hours, my tablet just decides to stop working with the mobile data. it shows i have full signal, but it's grayed out and says i'm offline. rebooting the device fixes it and i can browse the web again. this also happened on PACman.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

So I'm clear on this... Deb = LTE, Flo = wifi?

correct.

d11dog11

Apr 15, 2008
Can anyone confirm Verizon data working on this rom?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

romracer

Apr 4, 2010
Kansas City
Thanks for making this!
Having no touchscreen issues like i was on the PACman rom.

However, i'm still getting data issues even with this rom. I'm running a t-mobile sim and it seems that after a few hours, my tablet just decides to stop working with the mobile data. it shows i have full signal, but it's grayed out and says i'm offline. rebooting the device fixes it and i can browse the web again. this also happened on PACman.

Haven't seen this happen with AT&T. Bad SIM maybe, or not fully seated? Maybe try toggling data off and back on and pull a logcat during the process. Might indicate something with the RIL or other area that's crashed.

Why have two UNOFFICIAL CMs for deb ?

My original intent was only to build a device tree and proprietary blob list that could be submitted to Gerrit / pull request. I wanted something closer to AOSP to enable official CM bringup being easier.

That's what I'm curious about... specifically if tethering is enabled (I have unlimited data w/o tethering added).

Is Verizon activating these now? Try and let us know? You can make a backup of your current ROM in CWM or TWRP before flashing.

Tethering is enabled in the ROM and it works fine with AT&T using my old iPad SIM with unlimited data / no tethering.

Reactions: dare599z

nexttonomy

Dec 22, 2008
That's what I'm curious about... specifically if tethering is enabled (I have unlimited data w/o tethering added).

Hi All..

Verizon DOES work on this build... I'm running it fine with no issues and its fast!

You have to enter in the APN settings for verizon's network to get it to work though..

Settings > click 'More...' under the wireless & network area > Mobile networks > Access Point Names > click the + at the top right of the screen > type the following info in..

Name: Verizon LTE (the name really doesn't matter.. that is just what I called mine)
APN: vzwinternet
Authentication type: PAP
APN type: default, supl

Then click the 3 dots at the top right and click on save..

That is what I did.. and it works for me..

Hope that helps

Thanks,
Next

htowngator

Mar 31, 2008
Hi All..

Verizon DOES work on this build... I'm running it fine with no issues and its fast!

You have to enter in the APN settings for verizon's network to get it to work though..

Settings > click 'More...' under the wireless & network area > Mobile networks > Access Point Names > click the + at the top right of the screen > type the following info in..

Name: Verizon LTE (the name really doesn't matter.. that is just what I called mine)
APN: vzwinternet
Authentication type: PAP
APN type: default, supl

Then click the 3 dots at the top right and click on save..

That is what I did.. and it works for me..

Hope that helps

Thanks,
Next

You had to edit APN? I saw on Droid-Life that he just put a SIM directly in and data was flying along immediately.

nexttonomy

Dec 22, 2008
You had to edit APN? I saw on Droid-Life that he just put a SIM directly in and data was flying along immediately.

Thats because on droid life.. he was running the stock rom... it worked out of the box for me too on the stock rom...

This rom is CM.. so it doesn't come loaded with the APN's

Thanks,
Next

zubirahmad

Sep 26, 2013
Cannot Install

i got
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "deb" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "deb"
E: Error in /data/media/0/cm-10.2-20130926-UNOFFICIAL-deb.zip
(Status 7)

reeyarn

Sep 28, 2013
Hi, could you enable gsm voice call function?

By changing <bool name="config_voice_capable">false</bool> to true,
in android_device_asus_deb / overlay / frameworks / base / core / res / res / values / config.xml , I guess.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, after market firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 10.2 to your device, or coming from another ROM?

1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery
    3. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!)
    5. Flash CyanogenMod
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    Other issues?

Experience issues? As these are nightlies, bug reports are not accepted. You are relying on yourself and your peers in this thread for support!

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Unofficial Nightly:

Google Apps addon:
    Use 4.3 gapps

Device tree:
    Source: link

This is an unofficial release based on the Nexus 7 (2013, Wi-Fi) release - aka Flo. This is built using my device tree which mirrors Google's AOSP tree + CM Flo additions. This should actually work on Flo as well but this is untested on that device. There are no patches to the Flo device tree required to build this on your own. Minus my device tree, all credit is due to the CyanogenMod team.

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL][4.3] CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightlies for the Nexus 7 (LTE), a ROM for the Nexus 7 (2013)

Contributors
    romracer
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: CM10.2
    Beta Release Date: 2013-09-26

Created 2013-09-26
    Last Updated 2013-09-26
    Congrats Romracer!

Just saw the news about you becoming the newest maintainer on the CM team for the Nexus 7 (LTE)..

Nexttonomy
    If someone could build a DEB CM10.2 build for us with the following customization's we could finally get native sip working with CM10.2 support!

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46027054&postcount=1

Just for you. Link.
    For those of you who grab my CM 10.2 SIP builds (I know you exist, I see you), I've started some for CM11. Feel free to try them out:

http://xenserver.underpants-gnomes.biz/~romracer/nexus7/cm-11-20131213-UNOFFICIAL-deb-sip.zip

URL hack for newer dailies (no promises they'll be everyday but probably at least semi-regularly).
    Just wanted to post about this over here, as I spent most of this afternoon troubleshooting this stuff.
    One of the recent interesting developments in Google Land has been the new Google Hangouts app, which is supposed to have SMS integration.
    I was excited about this, but really annoyed to find that, after doing a factory reset and installing cm-10.2-20131108-NIGHTLY-deb.zip, I had no SMS or MMS options at all, let alone some kind of fancy pants Google Hangouts integration stuff.

Since I am Captain Multitasker, I have been working on figuring this out today.
    I'm not sure if it is necessary to sideload Hangouts or not. That was the first thing I did.
    Here's the APK I am using: http://www.mediafire.com/download/48r2y5xym10o571/com.google.android.talk_2.0.122+(904984-30).apk
    Version 2.0.122 (which also supports animated GIFs!!! and Location Sharing)

I kept reading online that you should just "go to SMS Settings" to set it up. I had no such option.
    I figured maybe I needed the missing Messaging app, so I pulled MMS.apk from today's nightly build of the Nexus 4.
    To "install" it you just need to push it into /system/apps and set permissions and ownership to match the other APKs in there
    Here is that APK:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/xiq7njfqox4lgll/Mms.apk
    This got me back to where I was prior to the new Hangouts came out.
    Using Voice+, I was able to send & receive texts in the stock CM Messaging app and have them actually work via Google Voice, as expected.

However, STILL no SMS in Google Hangouts.
    At this point, I had a theory (which has proven to be correct): The Hangouts app checks your device's properties and only displays the SMS-related options if your device is a "phone". Given how the Hangouts / SMS integration works, this is sort of reasonable, although makes it so these options will never show up on mobile-enabled tabs like mine even though they should.
    I have documented modifying the framework-res.apk file before, over in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1872348
    I had to do this same procedure, setting config_voice_capable to true. After doing this, I was indeed presented with the SMS options in Google Hangout.
    Another nice side-effect of this is you can "call" people, allowing you to click on people while browsing in the People app and have the resulting outbound call get directed to GrooveIP, or your VOIP solution of choice :p

It was kind of a pain in the ass to do this, because the framework modification tools I had were old and didn't work on 4.3 APKs until I updated the apktool component.
    To save other people time, I have posted the modified framework-res.apk as a flashable zip here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/005xs8x283es7p2/update.zip

This is the framework-res.apk file from cm-10.2-20131108-NIGHTLY-deb.zip, with the "voice_capable" config set to "true" so that the Android OS thinks the device is a phone.

Because people asked in my other thread, THIS DOES NOT ENABLE VOICE CALLING. All this does is change how the device identifies itself so various phone-related GUI options are no longer hidden. When I posted about this, like 8 people posted like "Hey bro, why can't I make GSM calls on my data-only plan?"

Also, please note that Google Hangouts does not yet officially have any connection with Google Voice.
    In this case what we're doing is using the awesome Voice+ app from CyanogenMod to act as a bridge to connect the standard Google Voice app to Google Hangouts. Basically, this stuff is allowing you to use Google Hangouts as your default SMS app instead of Messaging.

I am pretty sure you don't even need the MMS.apk if you're going to use Hangouts, I have just included it here because I figured people might want it :D