[20/05/2019]New stock pie update available (india)

Search This thread

shubham1358

May 15, 2014
Yup solved R and 4g icon bug &
Circle around the pill is also gone

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190521-192853.jpg
    Screenshot_20190521-192853.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 899
Aug 17, 2014
mumbai
New version available
Version WW-16.2017.1905.065
Can be updated manually. https://www.asus.com/in/Phone/Zenfone-Max-Pro-M2-ZB630KL/HelpDesk_BIOS/

I already have my phone updated to pie. Did it manually about 2 weeks ago. I have the circle around the navigation pill bug and the 4g/r bug as well on the status bar. How do I installed the newer one?
Download and transfer it to the internal storage and wait for the device to detect the update?

shubham1358

May 15, 2014
I already have my phone updated to pie. Did it manually about 2 weeks ago. I have the circle around the navigation pill bug and the 4g/r bug as well on the status bar. How do I installed the newer one?
Download and transfer it to the internal storage and wait for the device to detect the update?
Goto System setting and check manually for fota update. I got it by manually checking for update.
They release update in stages so wait for a day or so.(currently update is available in india)

Last edited:

alpha tester

Apr 2, 2018
I updated my device
Changelog
1.security patch updated
2.network roaming overlap issue
3.circle on pill removed...!
Anything missing please notify

egoisticmanas

Sep 29, 2018
1. The SIM1 network indicator and S1M2 indicator are very incorrectly placed if seen closely.
2. The R is very close to the 4G symbol.
3. Around 0.5mm of the top screen is missing.
4. The wallpaper changes automatically on Restart

It is not expected from a brand like Asus ?

Last edited:

nice_guy75

Mar 29, 2012
Nope, it won't help. If you are planning to do it using TWRP, You need a zip with edited update-binary, and have to flash decrypt.zip otherwise you would lose all the data of Internal Memory.

And if you choose to do it using Stock Recovery you are bound to lose your data of internal memory, because the zip would encrypt your system partition in the end and then, data of your internal memory would become useless for you. If you choose to do it using stock recovery, don't use the zip, I have posed in step number 1, it might not work on stock recovery. That zip is only for TWRP.

The correct procedure is:
1. Flash this zip using TWRP.
4. Then flash decrypt.zip of pie. (Use this zip if your system partition is decrypted, otherwise don't use it.)
5. And then reboot.

WARNING: flashing decrypt.zip is causing wifi problem for some users. Do it at your own risk. Some users reported that decrypt.zip is erasing MAC ID of wifi adapter. So I am not responsible for any such thing. I am warning you well in advance.

savage1o1

May 22, 2019
have to try this... tnx man

Nope, it won't help. If you are planning to do it using TWRP, You need a zip with edited update-binary, and have to flash decrypt.zip otherwise you would lose all the data of Internal Memory.

And if you choose to do it using Stock Recovery you are bound to lose your data of internal memory, because the zip would encrypt your system partition in the end and then, data of your internal memory would become useless for you. If you choose to do it using stock recovery, don't use the zip, I have posed in step number 1, it might not work on stock recovery. That zip is only for TWRP.

4. Then flash decrypt.zip of pie. (Use this zip if your system partition is decrypted, otherwise don't use it.)
5. And then reboot.

WARNING: flashing decrypt.zip is causing wifi problem for some users. Do it at your own risk. Some users reported that decrypt.zip is erasing MAC ID of wifi adapter. So I am not responsible for any such thing. I am warning you well in advance.

have to try this... thanks alot

savage1o1

May 22, 2019
tnx

5. And then reboot.

so i don't have to relock the boot loader of my max pro m2 by following this proceedure?

Arkapravoarka

Aug 6, 2016
Bangalore
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
1. The SIM1 network indicator and S1M2 indicator are very incorrectly placed if seen closely.
2. The R is very close to the 4G symbol.
3. Around 0.5mm of the top screen is missing.
4. The wallpaper changes automatically on Restart
5. Recent Apps cannot be accessed once inside the app drawer

It is not expected from a brand like Asus

Recent apps cannot be accessed in app drawer in android pie when using gestures. This isn't a bug

Reactions: egoisticmanas

asifzbaig

Dec 16, 2013
Delhi
I am still facing No Call Waiting Notification issue after update.
Could anyone please let me know if that can be resolved somehow? I am on Airtel network.

Vishurules28

May 23, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Pie has too much changes/bugs which I didn't like.
1. Edge corners are not optimized(it was fixed in oreo)
2. Audio jack/speaker output became low.
3. If i unlock it using fingerprint it again unlocks(i hear sound) and refreshes the homescreen.
4. Brightness bar is not optimized(0 to 50 not much difference in brightness, 80-100 medium to full)

Don't know when will this be fixed. So those who are on oreo. I'll recommend to stay there. Wait until bugs are fixed then you can update because there is no difference in UI or performance.

Sunny Za

Nov 23, 2017
Pie has too much changes/bugs which I didn't like.
1. Edge corners are not optimized(it was fixed in oreo)
2. Audio jack/speaker output became low.
3. If i unlock it using fingerprint it again unlocks(i hear sound) and refreshes the homescreen.
4. Brightness bar is not optimized(0 to 50 not much difference in brightness, 80-100 medium to full)

Don't know when will this be fixed. So those who are on oreo. I'll recommend to stay there. Wait until bugs are fixed then you can update because there is no difference in UI or performance.
Use havoc you will be loving your phone

Top Liked Posts