[Recovery] Clockworkmod for LG P970 Optimus Black

Search This thread

capocorp

Jul 27, 2011
Flash v10a, root with gingerbreak, install cwm, reboot in cwm recovery, restore...
Beware!!! Nova uses ext4 and stock firmware uses ext3.
That's all.
Cheers.

Sent from my LG-P970

so if i have nova rom and i want to restore a backup of original v10c stock, i have to install the basic cmw and do the restore form there? btw stock cmw reads the backups made by nova cmw?

knzo

Nov 24, 2010
let's us assume that the phone is stuck in a bootloop operation..
how to access to cwm?

With Nova ROM that has eRecovery (emergency recovery) you have a time frame during the boot that if you press a key, you'll reboot into recovery. Without it, such as in stock ROM, you will have to flash a new firmware.

Huexxx

Jul 21, 2009
Madrid
Redmi Note 10 Pro
With Nova ROM that has eRecovery (emergency recovery) you have a time frame during the boot that if you press a key, you'll reboot into recovery. Without it, such as in stock ROM, you will have to flash a new firmware.

But, keypress comprobation occurs before typical bootloop?

I hope you have inserted it as soon as possible in boot procedure.

Regards.

knzo

Nov 24, 2010
Depends on the cause of bootloop.
The keypress check happens about 3-4 seconds after turning it on. It's almost after the shell starts.

Like I said in the eRecovery thread, it will work for 90% of the cases such as an application causing bootloop or a faulty framework or init script.

cyclon1978

Nov 27, 2008
I recompiled the framework and broke it, no recovery with Buttons!

That stopped me from rewriting the gps code (there are bugs...)

Should the recovery have worked?

Sent from my LG-P970 using XDA Premium App

antonio1475

May 29, 2010
I recompiled the framework and broke it, no recovery with Buttons!

That stopped me from rewriting the gps code (there are bugs...)

Should the recovery have worked?

Sent from my LG-P970 using XDA Premium App

If you had NOVA, you should be able to boot into recovery pressing some key repeatedly...

BTW, if you recompile the framework-res.apk, it will probably not boot...

:)

AppelonD

Dec 6, 2011
Aarhus
dennis-blog.appelon.net
Somebody please fix the links.
Also a way to flash the LG-P970 from a Linux system would be nice. but all the links I hit are broke or pure windows which is not working do to something strange driver crap...

1aca

Jan 14, 2012
Tried updating to cwm 6.0.1.4. Backing up does *NOT* work, it "finishes" in a few seconds and hangs, I had to pull out the battery. After reboot, I ended up with a corrupt file system on the SD card, had to unmount & fsck_msdos from adb shell to fix it. I tried several times, with regular & touch versions. Always the same result. Reverted to 5.8.1.3 touch, which always worked fine.

Edvin73

Oct 7, 2011
Tried updating to cwm 6.0.1.4. Backing up does *NOT* work, it "finishes" in a few seconds and hangs, I had to pull out the battery. After reboot, I ended up with a corrupt file system on the SD card, had to unmount & fsck_msdos from adb shell to fix it. I tried several times, with regular & touch versions. Always the same result. Reverted to 5.8.1.3 touch, which always worked fine.

The last and really fully working and bomb proof recovery for P970 is the 5.8.1.3 touch version.The other CWMs and TWRPs are not working completely.And flash your recovery with Tantrums recovery flasher, it's easier.:cool:

Top Liked Posts