How do we build Resurrection Remix,CyanogenMod,Crdroid,AOSP,etc?

Search This thread
Dec 2, 2013
Puchong
Hi developers, I'm a newbie for developing Android. Can i ask you all? How do you build and develop Resurrection Remix,CyanogenMod,Crdroid,AOSP,etc?:confused: I want to build and develop my own rom,please?:crying: Thanks.

Rondeau7

Nov 20, 2014
Having a separate computer for doing builds is a huge difference. The amount of storage and RAM it takes to build these ROMs is large. I have tried to build from source many times on my laptop. Get a dedicated build machine with enough memory and storage to complete the builds.

Rondeau7

Nov 20, 2014
Look on their tutorials...

I have been working on building from source for over a year now. I have followed many different tutorials for repo and building. I still have had no luck. I have not given up yet. Every video I have watched makes it look easy, but it is not that easy. Just now I have had gnults_handshake TCP errors when repo is going on. It isn't all that easy to debug Linux commands when building a build environment.

Rondeau7

Nov 20, 2014
So I finally built CM 11, 12.1, and CM 13 from source. It took one successful build to make the difference. Good stuff!

fafa77140

May 17, 2014
You need a complete linux distro , you must done a dual-boot it's better , linux alone is fah , and go to see guides for terminal commands you should use , in dual-boot you must have at less 200 Gb for the distro and then you're done with fews hours and days of patience

G

GuestK0017

Hi developers, I'm a newbie for developing Android. Can i ask you all? How do you build and develop Resurrection Remix,CyanogenMod,Crdroid,AOSP,etc?:confused: I want to build and develop my own rom,please?:crying: Thanks.

You'll need few requirement to go :
- Hardware
- 8GB RAM (more is better)
- minimum dual core CPU
- minimum 150Go storage
- Some knowledge :
- For that, I recommend you to read pages on Android Developers AOSP, looks other commits to understand how does a device tree (or hw, kernel, etc..) work, and be curious :D each thing you don't understand on in a device tree, check what is it (e.g.: you see "libIon", check what is "libIon")

Good luck!

Reactions: flyl0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    G
    GuestK0017

You'll need few requirement to go :
    - Hardware
    - 8GB RAM (more is better)
    - minimum dual core CPU
    - minimum 150Go storage
    - Some knowledge :
    - For that, I recommend you to read pages on Android Developers AOSP, looks other commits to understand how does a device tree (or hw, kernel, etc..) work, and be curious :D each thing you don't understand on in a device tree, check what is it (e.g.: you see "libIon", check what is "libIon")

Good luck!