[STICKY] ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!! - Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Search This thread

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Does this software provide an interface to get the current playback time? Because I want to make a Android software and use this software, so I want to get this information

Kindly read our intent definition & supported extras.
https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/api

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

I used mxplayer v1.8.17 and i tried to play video m2ts. It can play video m2ts but it's same slow motion. Mxplay can't play but VLC sofware can play video normal.( I used phone sony m4 aqua)

Just Enable HW+ from settings & try again in HW+ (not HW)

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

I install MX-player pro on my Samsung Tablet with Android 6.1. Viewing films is okay, but sound like to be from Micky Mouse :)
Need a special codecs?

Greetz Tom

All Okay. I reinstall the player. Now it works.

Have you checked with headphones?
Some videos have issues with audio track itself. in such cases there will be issue on playing on the devices with mono speaker.
It happens when one of the stereo channel is in inverted condition.

G

GuestD0448

Issue: MKV Internal Subtitles Disappearing

I know this is talked about in FAQ 6.5, but that is rather unsatisfactory. MXPlayer can display the subtitles, just not consistently. More often than not the player won't display the subtitles, even if it can.

I'm using an unrooted Samsung Galaxy Note 5. MX Player Version 1.8.17 (ARMv7 NEON).

dhruvdave

Jun 8, 2014
Whats the difference between mx player beta 1.0.7 and mx player 1.8.17 as there are two mx players on play store

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Whats the difference between mx player beta 1.0.7 and mx player 1.8.17 as there are two mx players on play store

MX Player beta 1.0.7 is exclusively available in Indian Market.
It will come up with Online videos feature in addition to the all Goodness of Standard MX Player package.

StoyoGeo

Mar 25, 2017
Playback stops after pressing back, square or home button

Hello, first of all this is an excellent app, one of the bestive tried both for video and audio filew. Few glitches problems dont miss though. Please tell me how to solve the following

My main problem is that when a music video is playing and i press the mentioned buttons, playback stops even when background playing is checked. After that the app will skip the file if i press previous or next and i have to manually select from the list the song that was stoped.

Another thing is that on my recordings sometimes when a file is played the progress bar and time stay on "0", when i press ">>" to go few seconds forward the app goes few seconds from where the bar currently is so it goes near the start.

Other than that, it is an excellent app.
Im using a tablet, Teclast x98 air 3g

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Hello, first of all this is an excellent app, one of the bestive tried both for video and audio filew. Few glitches problems dont miss though. Please tell me how to solve the following

My main problem is that when a music video is playing and i press the mentioned buttons, playback stops even when background playing is checked. After that the app will skip the file if i press previous or next and i have to manually select from the list the song that was stoped.

Another thing is that on my recordings sometimes when a file is played the progress bar and time stay on "0", when i press ">>" to go few seconds forward the app goes few seconds from where the bar currently is so it goes near the start.

Other than that, it is an excellent app.
Im using a tablet, Teclast x98 air 3g

Hi,
Can you reproduce the issue & immediately go to menu > help > bug report to collect the bug report?
bug report will be helpful to us to understand the root cause.

Apr 8, 2017
Aspect

I have TV Telefunken TF-48S39T2S
Gpu Mali-450
Redolution 1920 1080
Android 4.4
Video 1920x800 stretchs on all screen - 1920x1080.
Settings "video zoom", "correct aspect ratio" and "android 4 compatible mod" dont work.
Movies stretch out on length. Aspect is wrong.
(But SPMC player work correctly).
Please help me. I want use only mx player

Last edited:

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
I have TV Telefunken TF-48S39T2S
Gpu Mali-450
Redolution 1920 1080
Android 4.4
Video 1920x800 stretchs on all screen - 1920x1080.
Settings "video zoom", "correct aspect ratio" and "android 4 compatible mod" dont work.
Movies stretch out on length. Aspect is wrong.
(But SPMC player work correctly).
Please help me. I want use only mx player

Hi,
Kindly make sure that you have not set the screen to stretch. tap on the bottom right button on playback screen, select fit to screen & check it again.

Obione69

Apr 23, 2017
You have a powerful and amazing app here. Not sure if this has been suggested already but there are a few features missing to make this perfect.

-music files to view lyrics stored in meta data.
-video file meta data like descriptions, genres, actor's, ratings etc
-when viewing movies, tv shows and music you need a icon wall to scroll through as a grid. Individual files display artwork perfectly once directory is open but the most important to me is to view the album artwork from the parent directory at a quick glace. Similar to how itunes displays their movies and music collection.
If you can add that i will love you. All the other media players in google store suck but they have those grid view artwork features.

Thank you for your time

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
I cant post links :(
video with my problem:
youtu.be/-0CFCoD61lw
file:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B4L6SDz38GI6VkFEQk1BY2JnaFk/view?usp=sharing

It's seems to be side effect by a change done by you. When you play the video, open menu » Display » Aspect Ratio & set it to default & make sure that you have selected "Apply to all videos". Now try the zoom/stretch button. everything should be fine as expected.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

You have a powerful and amazing app here. Not sure if this has been suggested already but there are a few features missing to make this perfect.

-music files to view lyrics stored in meta data.
-video file meta data like descriptions, genres, actor's, ratings etc
-when viewing movies, tv shows and music you need a icon wall to scroll through as a grid. Individual files display artwork perfectly once directory is open but the most important to me is to view the album artwork from the parent directory at a quick glace. Similar to how itunes displays their movies and music collection.
If you can add that i will love you. All the other media players in google store suck but they have those grid view artwork features.

Thank you for your time

Thanks for your feedbacks. We will convey your feedbacks to the concerned team.

Gawd

Jan 26, 2015
Hello,

I am having an issue playing a video, seems quite weird (never faced it before). I hope this is the right place to post.
Issue: Audio plays, but the video shows as in the screenshot attached.
I'm using custom codec by @USBhost

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170424-151813.png
    Screenshot_20170424-151813.png
    165.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20170424-151913.jpg
    Screenshot_20170424-151913.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20170424-152400.png
    Screenshot_20170424-152400.png
    172.6 KB · Views: 65

USBhost

Recognized Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
u:r:usbhost:s0
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 12
Hello,

I am having an issue playing a video, seems quite weird (never faced it before). I hope this is the right place to post.
Issue: Audio plays, but the video shows as in the screenshot attached.
I'm using custom codec by @USBhost

Can you PM me the magnet link !
Never in my time have I seen anything like that before!

Edit: @Gawd
I checked it myself and even VLC (PC) shows it.
If VLC on PC cant play it then MX most certainly can't (assuming the torrent is good).

Last edited:
Reactions: Gawd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Exactly as it sounds. Ask a simple question, and get a simple answer. This thread is intended for questions probably not long enough to warrant their own thread, and/or you are not sure if a thread/answer already exists.

Please be sure to read the Welcome Thread, the FAQ page, and search the existing forums first, prior to asking your question.
    I have just installed latest free version from Play Market.
    So many ads! In file list between file names, over video on pause. And at the bottom of screen, as before. Whats going on?
    @volpo222 @CDB-Man @USBhost

It's already reported in another thread.

This issue is a consequence of android bug that exists on 6.0. This is reproducible only when using native activity chooser for any streaming video (or a remote file). Once you set any app as default, other apps (including Stock one, Google Photos, MX, VLC, BSPlayer) will vanish from activity chooser (except some activities like ES media Player) after clearing the defaults. It was fixed on many nexus devices by Google in 6.0.1. I am not sure whether Nexus 9 is also patched or not.

Temporary solutions:
    1. Just install any new video player (or intent intercept) that you have never installed. Then open a remote video like smb or it may be any other streaming locations. Now you can see all misssing items.

2. Alternatively you must find the application which was set as default earlier. It's one of the application currently listed. If are unsure, uninstall one by one & check.

You can use any one solution from above. Once you got the list back, you can uninstall any new app you have installed or install the application which was set as default earlier.

Anyway Good News is that, I have already found the workaround & conveyed to the developer as well. It's internally fixed. Next version will bring the workaround for this Android Bug & some more tweakings also done to improve file association.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using XDA Labs
    Hi Guys,
    In Note 4's stock video player when playing a movie and then screen mirrored to a smart tv the player/screen would turn black to save on battery. Is there a way to do that on MX Player?
    Thanks!
    The stock player probably casts video. MX has no casting feature at the moment, see the pinned topic: http://xdaforums.com/apps/mx-player/sticky-mx-player-chromecast-t2725253
    Hello,

Been using a Mediatek MT6592 device but switched to the Galaxy Note5. I missed the ClearMotion feature of the Mediatek processor, I used it with the HW decoder in MX Player. I have the following questions:

•For best picture quality, what should I choose? RGB 16-bit, RGB 32-bit, or YUV?
    •Is there an option to enable motion interpolation with MX Player? Or are there plans to include this feature? The MT6592 struggles with motion interpolation, but the Exynos 7420 can probably handle it
    •For best battery life, should I choose HW+ over HW?

Thanks.
    YUV if your device can handle it. I don't think the ffmpeg package includes motion interpolation (MX uses ffmpeg as a base). HW+ and HW should both use approximately the same amount of power.

What's the difference between sw, hw, hw+ decoder. I'm on a nexus 4 usually playing 720p videos. Is there one that would be better? Also when I play 1080p, sw has better quality that hw. Is there a reason for that?
    HW+ > HW > SW in that order, use HW+ where available. HW and HW+ use less power.
    joedonmurpy50 said:
    Hello my friends I have used mx player on all my phones why doesn't it play all formats of videos

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

You're going to have to provide more details than that.