Nearing an ICS update? I think so.

Search This thread

DonDizzurp

Aug 15, 2009
The Internet
Exactly, in Canada. If my memory serves me rights, they didn't even receive android 2.3.4.
But lets say he Canadian version of the mytouch receives ics, the US T-Mobile won't. Again same reason, panache=sense/T-Mobile mytouch 4g=mysense.

the canadian version was released with gingerbread, the mytouch version was released with froyo

anyway, the US always gets dumbed out phones compared to the rest of the world, and canada is the after thought of america so we get the worst of the worst.. htc doesnt care about canadians, well probably see the one-series by the end of the year LOL

EDIT: nvm, rogers is getting the one-x soon

jjbadd385

Jul 10, 2011
Laurens S.C.
U all keep forgetting that HTC rebranded the phone in canada to the HTC Panache...
So its not only a MYSENSE Tmobile phone :)
so it is possible that other carriers in canada request that ICS gets on this phone :)

thats my 2 cents on this subject :p

I tend to agree with you on this point. I'm not saying its 100%, but since this thread is based on mostly opinions, this is a good point to mention.

Sent from my HTC GLACIER using xda premium

exemp30

Mar 20, 2011
Redmond
I hope so. None of the custom ICS ROMs are stable, always several things missing or not working that prevent me from using it long term and those ROMs havent been updated in over a month.

Really? Have you checked the development section? Most roms have been updated a few days ago.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

gtmaster303

Oct 19, 2010
Just in case you guys were wondering, Virtuous Inquisition hit 4.0.2 a few days ago.
tbalden also released a trackpad wake fix. One less thing wrong...

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
U all keep forgetting that HTC rebranded the phone in canada to the HTC Panache...
So its not only a MYSENSE Tmobile phone :)
so it is possible that other carriers in canada request that ICS gets on this phone :)

thats my 2 cents on this subject :p

Wait - what?

This thread has me confused now...did I miss something?

I know i'm working some hard hours and many odd jobs when I should be sleeping to get travel funds together, but sorting out this thread is beyond my ken at the moment.

Did we somehow get overlap with another device? I see people with Glacier sigs - did the non-slide version info get confused into this thread?

Can someone explain it to me, my brain is whipped from work and not likely to be able to sort this out anytime soon...

gtmaster303

Oct 19, 2010
Wait - what?

This thread has me confused now...did I miss something?

I know i'm working some hard hours and many odd jobs when I should be sleeping to get travel funds together, but sorting out this thread is beyond my ken at the moment.

Did we somehow get overlap with another device? I see people with Glacier sigs - did the non-slide version info get confused into this thread?

Can someone explain it to me, my brain is whipped from work and not likely to be able to sort this out anytime soon...

Yea, I think arghhhh moved the thread to the wrong forum, when I reported it to be moved from the dev section to general. Reported it again...
REALLY wish I could become a forum mod...
I've asked so many times, but got turned down every time :(

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
Yea, I think arghhhh moved the thread to the wrong forum, when I reported it to be moved from the dev section to general. Reported it again...
REALLY wish I could become a forum mod...
I've asked so many times, but got turned down every time :(

Don't sweat it man, it's not the kind of thing you ask for, but rather something you may get asked to do. This place is pretty chaotic due to it's nature - judiciously choosing the individuals responsible for its upkeep is the most important thing the administration can do to keep it running right.

I'd rather us have too few mods then too many, and we shouldn't need a whole lot as the community mostly polices itself.

I just don't have the brainpower to sort out this thread now, I was trying to get a glimpse at ICS on the doubleshot but fear that tonight has just left me a bit more confused then when I started on this one.

The next couple of weeks will be hectic for me, then my new job takes me on the road and i'll have a lot of downtime to sort this all out.

Also going to leave my failing laptop behind and use my signing 'bonus' to get a new machine, thinking one intended for linux as the primary OS as a dedicated dev computer.

If I can't find the time to get this straight before then, bringing myself through new kernel source and into ICS is my path once I get on the road. Meantime i'll just be looking a bit here and there.

GrimReaper24

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 10, 2011
Pm the mod that controls your forums ask him to move it . It has bounced around a few times. Anyways have a good weekend guys :)

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: CoNsPiRiSiZe

bfok

Nov 12, 2009
Just in case you guys were wondering, Virtuous Inquisition hit 4.0.2 a few days ago.
tbalden also released a trackpad wake fix. One less thing wrong...

Dear gtmaster303, I am searching for a "trackpad wake fix" for myTouch 4G Slide. I come accross your message above.
Do you still have such "trackpad wake fix" and please could you send to me by email? bfok@yahoo.com

Many Many Thanks to you!

gtmaster303

Oct 19, 2010
Dear gtmaster303, I am searching for a "trackpad wake fix" for myTouch 4G Slide. I come accross your message above.
Do you still have such "trackpad wake fix" and please could you send to me by email? bfok@yahoo.com

Many Many Thanks to you!

Sorry, phone is long gone (do you realize this is from 5 years ago?). I would advise using a GSM sim slot modded Photon Q if you still want to use a QWERTY phone that's updated. Otherwise, there are no other phones to chose from

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    T-Mobile has had leaked ICS Roms for both HTC devices running Sense 3.0. The Sensation 4G, and Amaze 4G. Most people felt like the Amaze would never get the 3.6 Update. But now they have a leaked RUU, bloat and all. Now that a good number of Sense 3.0 devices have an ICS update. I think it's time for the Doubleshot to get a ICS update. The Gingerbread RUU was leaked before this phone came out. I'm sure Football will manage to get a leaked Rom. We have all the proper specs, and I know we have 1 Million plus ICS Update threads. But with all the new updates, come on. It's about time.
    Either way, we've been making stunning progress even without an official update.
    Have you checked out the sticky on ICS configuration tree in the dev section?
    That's some great progress

I encourage anyone who knows anything dev to pop in and see if they can help. It will make cooking roms much easier and also greatly increase our chances of CM support.
    ... reports of this phone being end of life'd very shortly, you can almost garentee they have no interest in updating this phone to ICS. Watch and see, it happens with almost all their phones.
    You just confirmed that you really don't know sh*t. EOL has no bearing on whether a phone receives an update. T-Mobile has updated many phones long after they went EOL in their system. The entire MyTouch lineup, including the original, got updated to Froyo within a few months of each other, LOOOOOOONG after they had all gone EOL.

And what's the crap about no development on this phone? You can't be taken seriously spewing crap like that. Look around, dude. Here and Virtuous are full of dev for this phone.
    Wow ..... I love xda and all these stable roms. These guys do a hell of a job. Dont let people get ya down we love all the devs here.... Im running premadonna right now and its quite stable

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide using xda premium
    I'm sorry but MMS and Bluetooth not working (to name a few of your "kinks")

Don't know what rom you are talking about MMS and Bluetooth, but Primadonna has MMS, Bluetooth and almost everything else working for me. The main feature it doesn't have is tethering, but Opengarden and Barnacle does the trick on that too...