[MOD] Sense 4+ Rosie mods - 4x5 / no app labels / trans clock - updated 20th Jan

Search This thread

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
WHAT DO YOU GET IN THIS MOD?​

• 4x5 Rosie homescreen - only enabled in portrait, landscape comes out very messy!

• No app labels on homescreen

• No labels on Settings widgets

• Transparent clock widgets

The mods are contained in an AROMA installer, and you can choose any combination of the above options.

I have changed over to the Villaintheme system, so the installer just replaces the modified files within Rosie.apk and the widget apks. This should hopefully make the mod compatible with multiple ROMs, bases and even other Rosie mods. I haven't tested it with other Rosie mods, so please let me know if it does / doesn't work!

HOW IS THIS MOD DIFFERENT?

Ok, just to be clear. Many others have worked on this, and got it working pretty well.

In particular, I owe thanks to

These guys have spent a lot of time on this, and much of the 4x5 homescreen mod is based on their work.

My addition?

I have managed to get the HTC 4x4 widgets working with the new layout. So no more widgets stuck under the statusbar.​

REQUIREMENTS

• Rooted XHDPI device running Sense 4+

• Custom recovery (works with TWRP and CWM)

• ROM based on 3.14.401.20 and higher -- confirmed to work with 3.14.401.24 (28th Nov),3.14.401.27 (6th Dec) and 3.14.401.31 (20th Jan)

BUGS

Of course, since this is still at best a hack job, there are still some issues:

• 4x4 widgets are still only 4x4, but will take up the whole homescreen, even in the 4x5 mod. Please see the additional notes about this in post 7

• 4x5 is only enabled in portrait. Enabling in landscape creates a huge mess, and I don't have enough time to fix that completely

• Since 4x5 is only available in portrait, the bottom row of icons will disappear in landscape orientation. They will reappear when you go back to portrait again

• Stock HTC widgets all fit fine, but there may be spacing/alignment issues with 3rd party widgets. That's an unfortunate side effect, but there's way too many 3rd party widgets to test and fix them all!!

• When placing icons/widgets on a homescreen, the app placement outline will appear in the wrong place. The icon itself will drop where you place it, not where the outine is

Any others, please let me know!​

SCREENSHOTS

moddedrosie1.png
moddedrosie2.png
moddedrosie3.png
moddedrosie4.png
moddedrosie6.png

Last edited:

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
Saint Etienne... that takes me back to the hazy days of uni, many (MANY) years ago :D

Nice work mate :highfive:

Lol, its depressing how far away ago uni days seem :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, important notes about the full page widgets with 4x5 mod:

1. They are just 4x4 widgets resized to sit in the right place. They will not fill the whole 4x5 page, so there will be a wasted area at the bottom. If you try to resize it to fill, you'll get overlap with the navbar. If you try to put icons in this row, they will disappear underneath the widget

2. I will not be able to fix this, since that will require changes to smali as well as m10 Mikeyxda did find a way to change 4x4 widgets to 4x5, but this requires a full wipe and reinstall of the rom. Sadly, even that doesn't fix it completely. So unless HTC change their code, this will always be a hack job at best.

3. If you do try resizing a 4x4 widget, you may find that you are then unable to delete the widget. If that is the case, just go into the homescreen overview and delete the whole panel

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
Would this work on Droid DNA 1080p screen with Sense 4+ odex stock rom?
Think the fanatic is right, there are two problems: odexed & screen-resolution.

LG, Helmut

My first thought was also no, but I think I remember reading somewhere that if you delete the odex file for an app, you can replace it with a deodexed version. Really not sure how the resolution would affect things though. Depends if the DNA uses the same version of sense 4.5. Also, you might have issues with the installer itself, since it might require a different installer binary.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Reactions: theDroidfanatic

dragonesdenano

Jan 25, 2011
Lanus, Buenos Aires
As I told U, JUST KEEP PUSHING THE LIMITS :)
Great Job Fisha, thanks for your work, time and friendly help. I will back helping on viper theming thread once JBx rom is out. :)
I have a lot of fun doing that icon packs.
And special thanls for ur pm. You deserve more than u have for sure bro:)
SkyDragon Sense, Dsensed, SeMistock & Stock Roms. Next Targe ~ ~ ~ > JB or Kelly Bean

Reactions: fisha21

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
Have just tested ...the current version works fine on the new 3.14.401.27 base. I will updated these mods to this base when I get time, but for now the ones in the OP work fine!

davitox87

Sep 25, 2012
Google Pixel 7
Installed on viper x 3.2.3 and works fine except i cant pull up the settings menu, but If i long press i can pull up recent apps.

Did a fresh rom install and it seems this mod is the culprit. Is there any solution. I love 4x5 Rosie:p

Thanks for all your hard work! I love your themes and mods. Currently using your Wraith 1.0 theme.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WHAT DO YOU GET IN THIS MOD?​

• 4x5 Rosie homescreen - only enabled in portrait, landscape comes out very messy!

• No app labels on homescreen

• No labels on Settings widgets

• Transparent clock widgets

The mods are contained in an AROMA installer, and you can choose any combination of the above options.

I have changed over to the Villaintheme system, so the installer just replaces the modified files within Rosie.apk and the widget apks. This should hopefully make the mod compatible with multiple ROMs, bases and even other Rosie mods. I haven't tested it with other Rosie mods, so please let me know if it does / doesn't work!

HOW IS THIS MOD DIFFERENT?

Ok, just to be clear. Many others have worked on this, and got it working pretty well.

In particular, I owe thanks to

These guys have spent a lot of time on this, and much of the 4x5 homescreen mod is based on their work.

My addition?

I have managed to get the HTC 4x4 widgets working with the new layout. So no more widgets stuck under the statusbar.​

REQUIREMENTS

• Rooted XHDPI device running Sense 4+

• Custom recovery (works with TWRP and CWM)

• ROM based on 3.14.401.20 and higher -- confirmed to work with 3.14.401.24 (28th Nov),3.14.401.27 (6th Dec) and 3.14.401.31 (20th Jan)

BUGS

Of course, since this is still at best a hack job, there are still some issues:

• 4x4 widgets are still only 4x4, but will take up the whole homescreen, even in the 4x5 mod. Please see the additional notes about this in post 7

• 4x5 is only enabled in portrait. Enabling in landscape creates a huge mess, and I don't have enough time to fix that completely

• Since 4x5 is only available in portrait, the bottom row of icons will disappear in landscape orientation. They will reappear when you go back to portrait again

• Stock HTC widgets all fit fine, but there may be spacing/alignment issues with 3rd party widgets. That's an unfortunate side effect, but there's way too many 3rd party widgets to test and fix them all!!

• When placing icons/widgets on a homescreen, the app placement outline will appear in the wrong place. The icon itself will drop where you place it, not where the outine is

Any others, please let me know!​

SCREENSHOTS

moddedrosie1.png
    moddedrosie2.png
    moddedrosie3.png
    moddedrosie4.png
    moddedrosie6.png

Installed on viper x 3.2.3 and works fine except i cant pull up the settings menu, but If i long press i can pull up recent apps.

Did a fresh rom install and it seems this mod is the culprit. Is there any solution. I love 4x5 Rosie:p

Thanks for all your hard work! I love your themes and mods. Currently using your Wraith 1.0 theme.

To be honest, didn't bother updating this mod cos I didn't think anyone was really using it! Will add it to the list of things to do :)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    Ok, have updated the OP with a new version. Have switched to the Villaintheme system, so it should hopefully be compatible with all ROMs, and future bases. Also, it should hopefully be compatible with other Rosie mods, since only the edited files are replaced, but I haven't tested that....please let me know me if it worked or not.

Have removed the landscape mod for better compatibility. There are other landscape mods, and most roms now have landscape Rosie, so flash those first then my mod. Have added trans clock widget option though

Have updated OP with a new version. This uses the Villaintheme system, so should work with all ROMs hopefully. I tested it with ViperX 3.2.4 and all tweaks still work, as does the homescreen menu.

fisha21 Nice Work

Edit: see u can mod the Rosie with (NoNavBar) :) thx ..keep it up :good:

I did try adding trans navbar, but for some reason Rosie won't load. Couldn't get it to work, sorry.

This is such a cool mod. Good work Devs! :D Just tried to flash it on my HOX+ ... Rosie didn't start and got a process error on boot up. I tried a couple of different options in aroma but all with the same result.

I'm running stock ROM at the moment. So I deleted the Rosie odex file. And that didn't make any difference.

Would it much effort to get this working on the HOX+?

I want it so bad :p

Cheers!

Sent from my HTC One X+

Not sure if this will work with an odexed rom to be honest. Might be worth trying the new version, see if that's any better?
    Just tested the mod on maximus 10...can confirm it works fine with the 401.24 rom base
    Just added a new version.....with the option to remove labels from HTC Settings widgets (see 6th screenshot)