Titan Build 21193\21195\21198

Search This thread

Tplane37

Dec 6, 2008
I ask two things in providing these SYS files and ROMs.

1.) If you post a mirror, state that it is a mirror, and link to the first page of this thread.

2.) If you find errors in the SYS files I have provided, and you fix them, please report back to me via PM which SYS you have, when you Downloaded it (because they may get updated), and Exactly what was done to fix the error. This way I can make the corrections, give you credit, and update the files for everyone else.

Okay folks, here's a new thread to break up some of the Chaos. I am currently breaking down everything for Build 21195 and I will do my best to keep things organized (as far as links to builds) in the first three posts. This way, we don't have to search around to find a particular RUU link. These Builds are designed for the Titan and for Verizon. If you are not on Verizon, load up the DCD Carrier CAB for your carrier. Many thanks go out to the countless individuals and teams that have played a role in educating me as well as releasing some great builds for WM6.x.

I use XIP's compiled by dan-htc-touch (PPCGeeks).

If it weren't for members like Mr. Free (XDA/PPCGeeks), Drellisdee (PPCGeeks), Conflipper (PPCGeeks), GC14 (XDA-for the Arcsoft CABs we had to use in the beginning of this project), and countless other members here on XDA-Developers, over on PPCGeeks, HTCGeeks, and other Windows Mobile sites all over the world, many of us wouldn't be where we are now....Beta Testing.

Remember, these are all Beta Releases of a potentially unstable OS. It is very possible that they could get you in over your head. I am providing these builds for testing purposes only, and I am not responsible for any damage that may result from your actions of using these files. You do so at your own risk.

All links contain a RARed RUU and a txt file that lists what OEMs were added. Just to help you follow along. There are a couple of extras I throw in that are not stock to the builds, but are needed for edits and testing purposes. These include, but are not limited to: Total Commander (File Explorer), nueExtROM, nuePerformance, and the Network Plug-in. These were not designed for these builds, but have ran for me and I use them in my testing. You may use them if I post manual fixes to get you by until the next release.

Titan_21193_Beta_1_USO_Edition
Titan_21193_Beta_1
Titan_21193_Beta_1.1
Titan_21193_Beta_1.2
Titan_21198_Beta_1.0
Titan_21198_Beta_1.0_Update_1
Titan_21198_Beta_1.1
Titan_21198_Beta_1.1_Update_1
Titan_21198_Beta_1.2
Titan_21198_Beta_1.2_Update_1
Titan_21202_Beta_1.0

QVGA 21189 and 21193 SYS files
QVGA 21198 SYS

Build 21501 OFFICIAL RELEASE!!!!

Titan_21501_Official

*SYS by ConFlipper (PPCGeeks)
*XIP by Dan_HTC_Touch (PPCGeeks)
*Added nueKernel and Compatible Camera.
*This is basically out of the box except for the additions I mentioned above.

Build 21725

http://www.4shared.com/file/109225437/e4909d65/RUU_signedBBS21728.html

*This is not my ROM. I did not build or assist with any part of this ROM. I am currently testing it and it seems pretty quick and has some interesting features in it.

*Be sure to thank <bbsandkm> over at PPCGeeks for this one. ( http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=915678&postcount=3890 )

THE BUILD 21725 RELEASES BELOW HAVE ISSUES WITH THE CAMERA WORKING. TRY THE CAMERA FIX FROM POST #2 IF YOU ACTUALLY USE THE TITAN'S CAMERA. OTHERWISE, THE CAMERA ISSUE IS BEING WORKED ON BY THEPPCKITCHEN TEAM AND OTHERS.

Titan_FDE_21725_Base_Verizon

Titan_FDE_21725_Base_Sprint

*Built for Verizon and Sprint users respectively.
*Must install Arcsoft manually.
*Comparible to the 21501 Release as far as add-ons.
*Has Extended ROM.
*I have a new PROVXML in this release. Wireless Manager, Battery Settings, Version Number, Ring/Vibrate....attempting to correct all previous issues we have had right away. Not alil settings are taking effect right away, it seems a couple Soft Resets are in order, but after 1-2 Soft Resets, it looks like life is good.
*Now labeled as "FDE_21725" (Force Developments Edition) instead of "Force_21725."
*The Start menu from <bbsandkim> has been modified to remove the Hexegons, but the 4/5 row Start Menu in this release is otherwise their's.

Titan_FDE_21725_Beta_1.0_Verizon

Titan_FDE_21725_Beta_1.0_Sprint

*Built for Sprint or Verizon respectively.
*Must install Arcsoft manually.
*This is comparible to the Beta 1.2 Releases above as far as add-ons.
*I have a new PROVXML in this release. Wireless Manager, Battery Settings, Version Number, Ring/Vibrate....attempting to correct all previous issues we have had right away. Not alil settings are taking effect right away, it seems a couple Soft Resets are in order, but after 1-2 Soft Resets, it looks like life is good.
*Now labeled as "FDE_21725" (Force Developments Edition) instead of "Force_21725."
*The Start menu from <bbsandkim> has been modified to remove the Hexegons, but the 4/5 row Start Menu in this release is otherwise their's.

Titan_FDE_21725_Beta_1.1_Verizon

Due to unknown conflicts with files pertaining to the Sprint Carrier OEM, I have decided to pull this build until the issue can be resolved. Sprint users (and other carriers), please flash the Verizon CAB and load your DCD Carier cab if needed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

***Microsoft MyPhone has been reported and confirm to be non functional. Please download and install the Microsoft MyPhone CAB to correct this issue*** (Thanks to <mattsm> for providing the cab file)

*This is nothing like you are used to! Thanks to the hard work of <Colonel00> and the PPCKitchens team, we have managed to add the WM7 Titanium Project to this ROM.

*Thanks to <mattsm> (XDA) for his hard work in helping me test and fix a number of issues. And also for helping to get the Battery/Memory gauges into a fully functional OEM. Great work!

*You will need to manually run Showaco's Titanium Weather and manually insert various files to get the weather app to look right. Download this package: Showaco Titanium Weather_v4.2 Update for WM7 Project.rar , it has the cab installer for Showco's Titanium Weather v4.2 (latest) and the various files to intigrate it into the WM7 Project. An Instructions.txt file is included, follow it and you will be on your way!

*Replaced the dialer, and we have TierAuto Install back again. Oh, and check out your new default ringtone :D good for a grin at least. It is my default ringtone on my phone.

*Go to the Start Menu, run "ATContacts" and close it. This will cure the issue for your "Fave People" pane on the Today screen.

*Do not install a different CHome Config tool. It may screw up the WM7 Project and leave you having to reflash. There is a devoted CHome Config tool in your Start Menu.

Titan_FDE_21806

*This is a link to my folder on Media Fire. There are 3 ROM's (Base, Beta 1.0, and Beta 1.0 WM7). These ROMS have been tested to see if they boot and nothing else. They are provided so y'all have something to play with if you are having flashing withdrawls while I am away this week. I CANNOT BUILD ANY ROMs THIS WEEK. SORRY.

Last edited:

Tplane37

Dec 6, 2008
Reserved

Links:

WM7 Titanium Project Thread

Showaco Applications (Various)

G-Alarm (Alarm clock with lots of features)

Games

OEM Bubble Breaker

Office

GPS knowledge

More GPS knowledge

Remote Desktop

Some Customization Info for the Titanium Today Screen

GPS\aGPS with gpsONE -Thanks to Drellisdee.

*Verizon user's (not sure on the other Carriers), use the settings for TELUS and the CAB for TELUS in the second post in that link. This took care of my GPS issue, turns out it's Verizon, not us!

Drellisdee's 21198 PPCKitchens SYS and Core files. Multiple Devices.-Thanks to "Drellisdee" [PPCGeeks] & "DA_G" [XDA]

Titanium Customizer -Thanks to "anton_spaz" [XDA]

Titanium Weather -Thanks to "anton_spaz" [XDA]

SYS by "dan-htc-touch" @ PPCGeeks.com -Thanks to "dan-htc-touch" [XDA & PPCGeeks]

DCD Carrier CABs

Files:

Themes

Device Lock 1.2
*Not quite an Auto Lock, but give you some added features.
*Also able to be mapped to Hard Key.

Cyberon Voice Command

USO Edition Dialer Skin

Arcsoft SMS/MMS 5.0.70.24 CAB (Verizon) Thanks to "GC14" [XDA]

Arcsoft SMS/MMS 5.0.82.79 (Sprint) -Thanks to "djbeames" [XDA]

Titan_21198_Beta_1.2 Fixes:

Power_Settings_Today_Screen Fix -Thanks to "henry.91" [XDA] & dan-htc-touch [XDA & PPCGeeks]
*This CAB writes the Registry entry to make the Power Settings shortcut work when you tap the Battery in the upper bar. Thanks to "dsi76" over at PPCGeeks for the initial post, and to "henry.91" in this thread for pushing the issue and helping me to spel "Consistent" properly to make it work. (RegEdit. Soft Reset after install.)

Wireless Manager Settings Link Fix-Thanks to "djbeames" [XDA] for figuring this one out.
*The link in <Settings> <Wireless Manager> will no longer give you an error when you try to use it. It will instead route to the Wireless Manager like it is supposed to. (RegEdit. Soft Reset after install.)

Annoying Vibrate Fix-Thanks to "shapiror06" [XDA] & "djbeames" [XDA]
*Fix that annoying vibrate for Notifications. (RegEdit. Soft Reset after install.)

Start Menu Small Icon/Highlight Fix
*See what you are doing in the Start Menu again. CPR's are meant to overwrite the exisiting ones. This is an example of why I include "Total Commander" in my builds. Instructions in RAR file.

Titanium Clock/WiFi Fix
sshot001bmp.png

*Relocated the AM/PM, moved the Clock, Date, and WiFi to the right some more to resolve the overlap issue. Instructions in RAR file.

*Landscape View needs some work. My fault, will update as soon as I can.

Last edited:

yoda1

Jan 16, 2009
Wadsworth, ohio
www.cellguyz.com
exchange 2003 error code for active sync

Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition
ok after looking a my works 2003 exchange server there are a lot of things that could be giving errors im looking in to all of these as we speak hang tight with this there are some add-on's that are needed im looking all the errors i got today

but here is this you can do a domain enroll and sync that way and could use active sync with out look that is attached to a domain

here look at this site it explains it in detail http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292066

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmorris52 View Post
Hey Jdume which contacts did you use for that
6.5 rom? I flashed to another 6.5 rom and the youtube worked. I am just waiting on your new one so I can flash back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Tplane...This is the post I posted on xda about your 21193 1.2 with exchange 2003 sync, as you requested....

Ok, I set it up to sync against my personal exchange 2003 server (I found a 25 licence on ebay for almost nothing about 2 years ago) with build 1.2 of 21193, I got the same exact error. Here's how it all went down... for the test here (oh, and 21195 is out, update to that version plz for the next build)..

1. Setup on PC, set up to sync against my server (I am on the local domain in my home), it seemed to sync mail and I was able to select my folders to sync.
2. Make sure I am fully sync'ed....all good here...all mail is on the 6800 as requested
3. Disconnect from PC, connect via VZW internet and sync again..
4. Activesync on WM said it sync'ed fine (checked time difference).
5. Logged in to 3rd party mail to send a test mail to my account on my exchange server.
6. Heard test e-mail arrived on my desktop. Attempt to sync again, active sync error 0x80070057...Pull 3 hairs out of my head..

Nope, does not work, I know my 2003 Exchange server very well, This is a problem with this build, I have been syncing for a long time from WM 5.0 (when 5.0 was new)

yoda1

Jan 16, 2009
Wadsworth, ohio
www.cellguyz.com
Quote of the week by tplan37

You cannot add Nitrous Oxide to an engine with with 2 dead cylinders and expect it to run 9's in the quarter mile. So why add features to an OS that isn't running at 100% yet?....It isn't logical.
:p

DavidinCT

Jun 2, 2006
Someplace in CT
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition
ok after looking a my works 2003 exchange server there are a lot of things that could be giving errors im looking in to all of these as we speak hang tight with this there are some add-on's that are needed im looking all the errors i got today

but here is this you can do a domain enroll and sync that way and could use active sync with out look that is attached to a domain

here look at this site it explains it in detail http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292066

Yoda,

What does this have to do with exchange ? I looked up Domain Enroll (never had to use on a WM device so I didn't know too much about it), You need Microsoft's System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008 (MDM) to be able to Enroll a WM deivce to the domain, from what I have read.

One of the places I read about it...

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/samsung-sch-i760/115091-wm-6-1-domain-enrollment.html

I hope you figure out something on this, I know I am behind with a old 2003 Exchange server but, a lot of us need to be able to sync here.

I thank you for your efforts here !!!

yoda1

Jan 16, 2009
Wadsworth, ohio
www.cellguyz.com
exchange 2003 (behind in times)

dont read in to the title but here is my thoughts on this yes to domain enroll can be done but major problem is this for it to work right you need a vpn from exchange server but you also have to have it linked with server 2003 witch is a another part you have to have the device setting in the AD right for the phone for it to sync right if not you will get a comm error unable to connect witch is what i was getting this after noon now on the other hand looking at the set up it is really simple just have to make sure you have the server client active sync plug in and service turned on in the MMC console and have all the setting for the plug ins im going to be doing more work with this tomorrow i work for a medical foundation that is looking at going from a blackberry server to a wm and we are going to be getting like 200 new HTC phones so i have to get this figured out as well

djsplitimage

Dec 22, 2008
Just installed

I'm definitely liking this build much more so than previous ones, runs alot smoother, could use a little more free ram, but hey, it's a beta so I'm not really stressing that, I'll just use it bare bones for now to get a feel.

One of the first things I've noticed is that for some reason, running the alignment screen makes my mogul freeze up, I have to soft reset to get out of that, the default setting is accurate enough for now though so not that big of a deal at the moment, I'm not really a power user but I definitely use enough of the features to be able to give some good input...I guess more to come stay tuned....

great work, keep it coming.

Tplane37

Dec 6, 2008
Missing files for proper build

Please review Post #3 regularly. I will be posting files that I am missing to complete build 21195. I can already see there are some changes in 21195 by looking at the SYS. There are new files. If you locate any of the files in RED, please ZIP the files and post them. Once the correct files have been located, I will change the file name in post #3 to GREEN and place the member's name next to the located file. This is to ensure all those involved get credit for their efforts in building 21195.

Thanks.

DavidinCT

Jun 2, 2006
Someplace in CT
ok, I have to stop playing with this, I need to have another life besides living on these 2 sites....:)

Anyway, as for 21193 1.2, No games ? No Voice control app ? (I know there was a newer version of the voice control app in PPCkitchen that you didn't have to train)

DavidinCT

Jun 2, 2006
Someplace in CT
dont read in to the title but here is my thoughts on this yes to domain enroll can be done but major problem is this for it to work right you need a vpn from exchange server but you also have to have it linked with server 2003 witch is a another part you have to have the device setting in the AD right for the phone for it to sync right if not you will get a comm error unable to connect witch is what i was getting this after noon now on the other hand looking at the set up it is really simple just have to make sure you have the server client active sync plug in and service turned on in the MMC console and have all the setting for the plug ins im going to be doing more work with this tomorrow i work for a medical foundation that is looking at going from a blackberry server to a wm and we are going to be getting like 200 new HTC phones so i have to get this figured out as well

Don't take any offence to what I said....Exchange 2003 is still current in most companies I have worked in...

As for behind in times, I can't count how many times I have been doing work on domains (migrations, active directory issues, etc) and find old NT 4 servers and even a working Exchange 5.5 (do you remember that ? :) ) setup in a sub domain someplace...

Ah, blackberry to WM....fun, fun, fun.... Did you have a part of that ? :D

randy.yates

Dec 24, 2006
Contacts x2 and Transparency Start menu

Just wanted to see if any luck with fixes yet? Also in 21193 WMP library on mine is acting a little funny. Screen flashes some
Thanks a million for the hard work.

Tplane37

Dec 6, 2008

Build 21198 XIP and SYS are being downloaded as I type. 21195 Beta 1 will be posted in the first post before I have 21198 up and going. These builds are coming pretty quick now. The word on PPCGeeks right now is that 21198 works with Exchange 2003.....off to find files and get this thing going.....and they say nothing good comes of being unemployed! Back to work, you folks are waiting.:D

DavidinCT

Jun 2, 2006
Someplace in CT
Build 21198 XIP and SYS are being downloaded as I type. 21195 Beta 1 will be posted in the first post before I have 21198 up and going. These builds are coming pretty quick now. The word on PPCGeeks right now is that 21198 works with Exchange 2003.....off to find files and get this thing going.....and they say nothing good comes of being unemployed! Back to work, you folks are waiting.:D

It's been said Exchange 2003 works with 21195 now...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=797671&postcount=1695

Wow, we were just discussing last night if you wanted to drop 21193 and move on to 21195, now 21198 ? If you didn't start 21195 already, I would of said to skip over it.

I wonder what will be be here in a few days....

DavidinCT

Jun 2, 2006
Someplace in CT
Is this a bug or setting ? On 1.2 21193, as we know as this point activesync with Exchange 2003 does not work. So I went into Activesync on the device and put Sync During to Manually for Peak/Off peak.

So, it's not syncing correcty what happens is every time I pull the phone out of my pocket, it's connected to the data network (it keeps trying to sync, even tho I set it to manual sync only). It atempts but does not disconnect, so it's always on.

I don't mind being connected to the internet all the time but, if I miss it and do not disconnect it, My battery goes from lasting 2 days to 4-5 hours.

I'm not kidding, when I was on 21169, my battery life was bad, really bad (I'd be charging the phone 2-3 times a day because of it), to the point where I removed the password to the data network so it would not connect to it just to get most of the day out of the battery (and it would still pop up all the time asking for the network password).

Any idea ?

Tplane37

Dec 6, 2008
Is this a bug or setting ? On 1.2 21193, as we know as this point activesync with Exchange 2003 does not work. So I went into Activesync on the device and put Sync During to Manually for Peak/Off peak.

So, it's not syncing correcty what happens is every time I pull the phone out of my pocket, it's connected to the data network (it keeps trying to sync, even tho I set it to manual sync only). It atempts but does not disconnect, so it's always on.

I don't mind being connected to the internet all the time but, if I miss it and do not disconnect it, My battery goes from lasting 2 days to 4-5 hours.

I'm not kidding, when I was on 21169, my battery life was bad, really bad (I'd be charging the phone 2-3 times a day because of it), to the point where I removed the password to the data network so it would not connect to it just to get most of the day out of the battery (and it would still pop up all the time asking for the network password).

Any idea ?

I'm not sure. Like I said before, I don't even use Exchange. But at anypoint in time, you can open up the Task Manager and see ActiveSync running. Even after I manually close the app. It has been this way on every 6.5 build I have flashed to my phone. (And don't ask how many, because I haven't the slightest clue...but it's a lot of flashes.)

Yesterday when I took the boy to the zoo, I unplugged the phone at about 8:30 in the morning, and the battery lasted until 8 at night when I got back to the house. I had my data connected and AIM, Yahoo Messenger, and MSN signed in and running, and my email accounts (Live, Yahoo, and Gmail) all set to the most frequent retrieval setting. The only time during the day that I was plugged into the car charger was on my way to and from the zoo, which was about a 30 minute drive. In the beginning (21139, 21159, and 21169) I found that IE was causing a major drain on the battery. I haven't noticed it as much since IE was fixed somewhere along the way (21176 I believe.) I tested this theory by putting the IE from 21176 into 21159 Beta 5, and I got better battery life.

Anyway, I just RARed up 21195. the translation is almost complete oother than the 3 files I listed in Post #3. I am off to work on 21198 now and see what we have there. Will post with any updates. As of right now, the list in post #3 is for 21195. If I locate any files I need in 21198, I will make sure you guys can tell which build I am missing which files for in Post #3.

kev3303

Apr 10, 2008
a bit more on exchange 2003:
i enabled verbose logging

obvious things are

User-Agent: MSFT-PPC/5.2.1003 from mr2
User-Agent: MSFT-PPC/5.2.5000 from 21193

also
MS-ASProtocolVersion: 2.5 from mr2
MS-ASProtocolVersion: 14.0 from 21193

ms-asprotocolversion 14.0?????????

i cant find that in the registry to change back to 2.5 can someone tell me what key its getting that from?

Attachments

• vzwmr2.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 21193.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

yoda1

Jan 16, 2009
Wadsworth, ohio
www.cellguyz.com
exchange 2003

ok every one that is having the connection problem
well it is simple there are 2 ways to connect and one program needed
first off you have to set up your active sync right
go to active sync and go to the tools drop down menu
go to options in there it gives you the option to add exchange
click on the Microsoft exchange and click on settings
it gives you the access to add your log on credentials
and you will be able to add your information for your server names and ip address

but remember you have to enroll your wm device before doing that
by adding it to the server and also setting the user accounts in Active D
and also needing to make sure you have your wifi set up so you can us wireless sync and you should be good to go and jsut remember if you are testing this on a live server to make sure you back up all contacts and test and e-mails before syncing and or befor you enroll in the domain that way you do no lose any thing the ver of 21193 beta 1.2 i am running has no problems syncing with exchange and is vary stable thanks to the long hrs of work from my self and tplane 37

any more questions send me a pm and i will try and help