Connect your Note 2 to Mac OSX

Search This thread

GoldfishTX

Jan 8, 2012
Glasgow
There is a widely documented issue with this software and OS X Mountain Lion (10.8). It doesn't work. Thank goodness for dual booting windows 7 I suppose. It is pretty interesting that the latest Apple software prevents their biggest phone competitor from working properly.

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
CA
There is a widely documented issue with this software and OS X Mountain Lion (10.8). It doesn't work. Thank goodness for dual booting windows 7 I suppose. It is pretty interesting that the latest Apple software prevents their biggest phone competitor from working properly.

My ML & Note 2 connects perfectly with each other. If you are having issues then try AirDroid from the Play store. There is no need to dual boot but to each their own.

Not working here either. Sucks using Kies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Also, if you have Kies installed, un-install that & try connecting again via AFT.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottieB

05GT

Oct 26, 2010
San Diego
Vivo X Fold
My ML & Note 2 connects perfectly with each other. If you are having issues then try AirDroid from the Play store. There is no need to dual boot but to each their own.

Also, if you have Kies installed, un-install that & try connecting again via AFT.

Thanks I'll try that.

sergani

Jun 8, 2012
Cairo
Guys, AirDroid is great and all, but will not help much when it comes to transferring game and app files etc...

ReggieSmith

Mar 25, 2011
Hampton, GA
could not use Android File Transfer while Kies was installed. Simply dragging the app folder (Kies) to the trash won't fix the problem either. You have to download and run the Kies installer package but choose UNINSTALL when it starts and it will clean everything up for you. (I suppose there is an agent or two for Kies that is sitting out there.)

After that, AFT works great. (remember to bump up your device lock timeout though or it will disconnect on you if it locks during a transfer! :D

meatlocker

Jul 29, 2007
FL
could not use Android File Transfer while Kies was installed. Simply dragging the app folder (Kies) to the trash won't fix the problem either. You have to download and run the Kies installer package but choose UNINSTALL when it starts and it will clean everything up for you. (I suppose there is an agent or two for Kies that is sitting out there.)

After that, AFT works great. (remember to bump up your device lock timeout though or it will disconnect on you if it locks during a transfer! :D

That's why I posted this thread and am hosting the Kies file that is needed: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2035892

Reactions: sergani
Mar 12, 2012
www.siriusxm.com

Thanks! I just googled kies, went to the official samsung/kies website, downloaded the program for my mac, opened up the download, ran the uninstall program, once done I plugged note 2 to my macbook pro via usb and viola! It worked perfectly without having to reinstall kies.

Last edited:

A.Noob

Oct 22, 2012
I found out that you cannot have Kies installed and android transfer installed on your Mac at the same time or else android transfer will not work.

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
CA
Yes, you can't have KIES installed for it to work. It was posted in #5 that KIES must be uninstalled. Sometimes it helps to read the whole thread when there are only a few pages to read. =)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.android.com/filetransfer/

Use that app to connect your Note 2 to Mac OSX.

Not working here either. Sucks using Kies.

That's why I posted this thread and am hosting the Kies file that is needed: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2035892