Nexus 7 4.2.2 JDQ39 update rolling out in USA?

Search This thread

bongostl

Apr 28, 2010
This should be flashed over stock, I presume...

But can it be flashed with a custom recovery? Can I just use TWRP?

heat361

Dec 27, 2011
New York City
Can someone give me the play books apk from system/apps the update won't install because I uninstalled that.

Edit never mind I found the apk

Last edited:

spielnicht

Dec 15, 2008
DC
The finicky notification drop-down drawer that kept sliding back up has been fixed. Yes!

Now to see if they addressed the Wifi issue. Overall performance looks the same, can't really tell a difference.

Reactions: jaysus145

bongostl

Apr 28, 2010
pulling /titaniumbackup folder......

flashing factory image.....

applying 4.2.2 update....

restoring titanium backups....

just another day in rom-land!

b_hermon

Oct 9, 2008
Usually when I flash ota's with cwm it tells me that root was lost and if I want to keep root choose yes.

So... I'm rooted, stock (I didn't bother with a custom ROM), my recovery is +Koushik Dutta 's ClockworkMod and I have SuperSU installed. And I rooted using +Wug Fresh 's Nexus Toolkit.

So what you're saying is I can boot into CWM, flash the OTA zip file, and then CMW will come back and tell me I lost root and the restore it? I don't need to concern myself with SuperSU Pro's Survival Mode or VooDoo's OTA Rootkeeper?

Reactions: saeedscorpion

br0adband

Mar 28, 2008
I had just done a clean flash of 4.2.1 earlier today for some testing, unrooted (but unlocked of course). I copied the update file to the internal storage in Windows, rebooted the N7 to fastboot mode, then I used mskip's Google Nexus 7 Toolkit to boot from recovery temporarily since it wasn't installed. Installed the 4.2.2 update like any other flashed file and rebooted, now running 4.2.2 without issues (I did a factory reset after it was installed just in case).

Haven't noticed anything different so far, hoping to see a release notes or change log soon so I can figure out what this rather large update seems to have accomplished.

So far so good I suppose, going to remain "pure stock" for today, maybe tomorrow. Making a backup of this just in case as well to save issues and time with restoring it for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: LOVE ME PLEASE

Top Liked Posts