Opensource BCM21553 Drivers Released By Broadcomm. Can We Expect Support From CM ?

Search This thread

Abhishek_Rawal

Today on 2nd birthday of RPi, Broadcomm have released full documentation & complete source release of graphics stack for BCM21533 under 3-clause BSD License.
Here's link : www(dot)raspberrypi(dot)org/archives/6299

BCM21533 GPU Documentation : www(dot)broadcom(dot)com/docs/support/videocore/VideoCoreIV-AG100-R(dot)pdf
BCM21533 GPU GFX Stack : www(dot)broadcom(dot)com/docs/support/videocore/Brcm_Android_ICS_Graphics_Stack(dot)tar(dot)gz

Can we expect support from CMTeam for our little device now ?

Last edited:

mohamedrashad

Nov 15, 2012
ismailia
Today on 2nd birthday of RPi, Broadcomm have released full documentation & complete source release of graphics stack for BCM21533 under 3-clause BSD License.

BCM21533 GPU Documentation : www(dot)broadcom(dot)com/docs/support/videocore/VideoCoreIV-AG100-R(dot)pdf
BCM21533 GPU GFX Stack : www(dot)broadcom(dot)com/docs/support/videocore/Brcm_Android_ICS_Graphics_Stack(dot)tar(dot)gz

i am reading this thing now, Can any developer tell us is this thing real or no?

l0lh4rd

Jun 15, 2012
Dhaka
So will the devs start working on Android 4.0?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    13.4 KB · Views: 729
Reactions: mohmmed985

thewisenerd

Sep 27, 2012
Ok, I'm just gonna wait for someone to verify the extent to which this info is true (about this being helpful for this device), and whether it is actually going to be useful for some "real" development for this device.

Ok, I'm just gonna wait for someone to verify the extent to which this info is true (about this being helpful for this device), and whether it is actually going to be useful for some "real" development for this device.
Yes, it is true. I had downloaded the source (about 4.2MB) and verified these files.

T

the_pirate_predator

The VideoCore4 in the Galaxy Y is a very much cut down version of the standard VideoCore4, So it has a very low performance in comparison with the other full specification devices. It's done to reduce the size and hence reduce cost. That explains the low specificationss of the Samsung Galaxy Y in comparison to other full VideoCore4 based devices. Fcuk Samsung!!

Maybe if we can change the code and make one ready for Samsung Galaxy Y devices.

I am just telling what I know. I maybe wrong also. We will try this out first.

EDIT: Just now

Lets form a team and develop this!! PM me!!

Developers are welcome!!

This is the time we have to prove ourselves to the android world!!

Lets see who is brave enough!!

PM me immediately!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HW fully fixed on ICS! I've just fixed my "nativeServerWIndow" error, which was such a nooooob issue, robin fixed first. Robin sources were ****ed up, so he is syncing new ICS sources, and hopefully he will have it working to. Nothing more to say, see the video!

I do really need to study now... ETA? Dunno, probably test build next week...
    Ics Sources are -b ics branches from github.com/cyanogenmod

About galaxy y and other devices from broadcom.

When we fix these issues on galaxy ace i it will be easily adapted to galaxy y not so much to change betweene those.

as biel currently owns galaxy ace i and not galaxy y
    we started building and fixing it for galaxy ace i first due to being able to test it ourselfs and logcat better fix bugs faster etc.

Sent from my S500 using xda app-developers app
    Good news....
    New build for Ace-i (not released in xda) with recently released Broadcom sources is booting fine with animations even smoother. The problem is touch not working and colors swapped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFWRoJ8fhdo

thats my Aosp ICS Build ;)

we are hard working in it ;)

Sent from my S500 using xda app-developers app

I sent a message to percy about broadcomm drivers yesterday and requested him to compile cm9 build.
    Thanks to him.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2