YourTube - Change the default YouTube pane

Search This thread

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
What does this module do?
  • Change the default YouTube pane. Choose from: What To Watch, My Subscriptions, Watch Later, custom playlist/subscriptions and Browse Channels.
  • Change the maximum default YouTube stream resolution.
  • (Experimental) Override device compatibility checks for higher resolutions. More info.

The "Playlist"/"Subscription" preferences require you to input an ID. You can get that from the YouTube URL:
Note that you need to kill (not only exit) the YouTube app for the settings to take effect.

Originally requested here: http://www.reddit.com/r/xposed/comments/265dwy/releasediscussion_youtube_open_my_subscriptions/

Requirements:

Source code:
https://github.com/GermainZ/YourTube

Download:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.germainz.yourtube

Feature Requests:
If they fall within the scope of this module (see first paragraph; basically: customize defaults,) requests are welcome. Other requests will probably be ignored if asked here, please use the appropriate thread for that. :)
Features that are accessible via YouTube premium features (e.g. Music Key) will never get added. This includes background playback and video downloading.

Changelog:
1.2.14:

1.2.13:
1.2.12:
1.2.11:
1.2.10:
1.2.9:
1.2.8:
1.2.6:
1.2.5:
1.2.4:
1.2.3:
1.2.2:
1.2.1:
  • Compatible with the latest YouTube version (5.14.5). Will not work on previous YouTube versions.
  • Added Slovak, French and Dutch translations by ja-som, Micks29 and ShaneSik.
1.2:
  • Compatible with the latest YouTube version (5.11.4). Will not work on previous YouTube versions.
  • (Experimental) Change the maximum default YouTube stream resolution.
  • (Experimental) Override device compatibility checks for higher resolutions.
1.1.4:
  • Compatible with the latest YouTube version (5.10.1.5). Will not work on previous YouTube versions.
1.1.3:
  • 1.1.2 caused breakage (couldn't switch panes anymore), this should be working fully.
1.1.2:
  • Compatible with the latest YouTube version (5.9.0.10). Will not work on previous YouTube versions.
1.1.1:
  • Fixed the Xposed description text.
1.1:
  • Compatible with the latest YouTube version (5.7.36). Will not work on previous YouTube versions.
  • Added preferences to select the default pane. Pick from: What To Watch, My Subscriptions, Watch Later, custom playlist/subscriptions and Browse Channels. See description for details.
1.0: Initial release.

• rovo89 for the Xposed Framework.

XDA:DevDB Information
YourTube, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
GermainZ, dimm0k
Source Code: https://github.com/GermainZ/YourTube

Xposed Package Name: com.germainz.yourtube

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.2.14
Stable Release Date: 2015-04-16

Created 2015-03-13
Last Updated 2015-04-21

Last edited:

flexxoo

May 15, 2010
California
How about a download button for the videos!!

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

theknut

May 4, 2009
www.theknut.de
Oh my... Genius! I never understood why it opens this stupid recommendations tab by default. Thank you so much!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: ozmenmurat

lost101

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 30, 2008
This module causes YouTube 5.7 to FC on 4.4.2 Moto G. Is it due to this version of YT?

WELCOMETOOCEANIA

Feb 27, 2013
Awesome, I made this request in the Xposed thread, I'm not sure if you saw that, either way thanks for making this.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

_jis_

Feb 5, 2012
@GermainZ:
I would like to be able change the default YouTube pane to Watch Later.
If you can add an option to select any other panes, including any playlist/subscription by default it'll be just great :).

GermainZ

Aug 3, 2012
1.1 (test version):
  • Compatible with the latest YouTube version (5.7.36). Will not work on previous YouTube versions.
  • Added preferences to select the default pane. Pick from: What To Watch, My Subscriptions, Watch Later, custom playlist/subscriptions and Browse Channels.

The "Playlist"/"Subscription" preferences require you to input an ID. You can get that from the YouTube URL:
Note that you need to kill (not only exit) the YouTube app for the settings to take effect.

You can get the latest YouTube APK (5.7.36) here.

Attachments

• YourTube.apk
    17.3 KB · Views: 124

lost101

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 30, 2008
1.1 (test version) working fine here. Have not touched preferences.

lovermed

Apr 15, 2011
Nabeul
Waw nice module thx a lot .. My thumb was tired from changing to that tap every time I open the app..
Is it possible to include a screen off playback? (-:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

GermainZ

Aug 3, 2012

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What does this module do?
    • Change the default YouTube pane. Choose from: What To Watch, My Subscriptions, Watch Later, custom playlist/subscriptions and Browse Channels.
    • Change the maximum default YouTube stream resolution.
    • (Experimental) Override device compatibility checks for higher resolutions. More info.

Originally requested here: http://www.reddit.com/r/xposed/comments/265dwy/releasediscussion_youtube_open_my_subscriptions/

Requirements:

Source code:
    https://github.com/GermainZ/YourTube

Download:
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.germainz.yourtube

Feature Requests:
    If they fall within the scope of this module (see first paragraph; basically: customize defaults,) requests are welcome. Other requests will probably be ignored if asked here, please use the appropriate thread for that. :)
    Features that are accessible via YouTube premium features (e.g. Music Key) will never get added. This includes background playback and video downloading.

Changelog:
    1.2.14:

1.2.13:
    1.2.12:
    1.2.11:
    1.2.10:
    1.2.9:
    1.2.8:
    1.2.6:
    1.2.5:
    1.2.4:
    1.2.3:
    1.2.2:
    1.2.1:
    • Compatible with the latest YouTube version (5.14.5). Will not work on previous YouTube versions.
    • Added Slovak, French and Dutch translations by ja-som, Micks29 and ShaneSik.
    1.2:
    • Compatible with the latest YouTube version (5.11.4). Will not work on previous YouTube versions.
    1.1.4:
    • Compatible with the latest YouTube version (5.10.1.5). Will not work on previous YouTube versions.
    1.1.3:
    • 1.1.2 caused breakage (couldn't switch panes anymore), this should be working fully.
    1.1.2:
    • Compatible with the latest YouTube version (5.9.0.10). Will not work on previous YouTube versions.
    1.1.1:
    • Fixed the Xposed description text.
    1.1:
    • Added preferences to select the default pane. Pick from: What To Watch, My Subscriptions, Watch Later, custom playlist/subscriptions and Browse Channels. See description for details.
    1.0: Initial release.

• rovo89 for the Xposed Framework.

XDA:DevDB Information
    YourTube, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    GermainZ, dimm0k
    Source Code: https://github.com/GermainZ/YourTube

Xposed Package Name: com.germainz.yourtube

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.2.14
    Stable Release Date: 2015-04-16

Created 2015-03-13
    Last Updated 2015-04-21
    I like the idea of continuing the module development through another dev but ONLY if GermainZ has actually abandoned it. Has anyone sent him a pm or actually contacted him? I mean he's a well respected member here and don't want to step on his toes...

I just don't bother replying to the same questions after a while. I've said before, more than once, that I'm not getting the time to look into any of my modules. That hasn't changed yet. This happened before (with some of the same users screaming "abandoned" again now), and the module was updated back then once I actually had some time to work on it. That being said, I don't expect them to stop being entitled people suddenly.

If you're interested, feel free to either send a PR or fork the module and start your own, whichever you prefer. I'm perfectly fine with either: that's why my modules are open source. If you'd also like me to add you as a contributor on the Xposed repo, please let me know.

I wrote a script (it's a shell script and isn't the most readable) to find obfuscated methods. It works for most methods (last I checked) but is no longer enough for changing the quality, so you'll have to figure that part on your own. You can find it here. If you can't run it, look for the "grep" lines and let me know if you can't understand it.

A quick tip to figure out which method to hook for changing the quality: hook View.class's onClick method (if memory serves right -- might be onTouch) and figure out which class the video player's quality button belongs to. Then hook all methods in that class, and work your way backwards to see which method is actually responsible for changing the quality. A *lot* of methods will be called for each step, and many of them will require you to look at many other classes or parent methods to finally understand what each does, but this will hopefully help you get started.
    Okay here we go. It's signed with my own key so you need to uninstall your current version of Yourtube. Repeat the same process when you go back to the repo version.
    As usual, please test and let me know if it's working correctly.
    1.2 out: