[Q] thor-gapps-rom V2 for hdx 8.9 working

Search This thread

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Yes I did.

Attached is the LatinIME.apk that I built from the JDQ39 source. If the Thor's navbar is the same width as the Apollo's then this should work on the Thor 7" device.

If not then I can build a version of it for you.

Yeah thanks, seems to work fine for now !

Envoyé de mon KFTHWI en utilisant Tapatalk

fryheit

Jul 28, 2010
Finally!! This is f*****g great!! Now we finally have google on the 8.9! dropbox and the android kindle app isnt working. thats what i found so far!

thouliha

Mar 12, 2012
Camera working in 1.2!

Camera works in 1.2 now w/ google hangouts and everything. Thanks so much ggow, this is an amazing rom.

Reactions: ggow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi !

You can just compile the keyboard from aosp with a special command to the android build script (don't remember which one), well it will still compile all dependencies but still much faster.

I will try to take the time to take a look at it this week end if you didn't succeed.

Finally, of course you can share your ROM !

Envoyé de mon KFTHWI en utilisant Tapatalk
    Apollo Gapps ROM v1.1 Released...

I have released the Apollo Gapps ROM v1.1 for the Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52863905
    @Cpasjuste,

Sorry if this thread is in the wrong place. I am not able to post in the development section which is where I think this should be.

I have modified the thor-gapps ROM v2 to work on my Kindle HDX 8.9 (which is running great by the way)..

The remaining item i have to do is recompile or modify the android keyboard to be the correct width in Landscape Mode.
    Do I have to recompile the whole 4.2.2 branch to modify the keyboard app or can I just recompile the keyboard app on it own?
    Also when I have finished, is it ok to release the modified ROM (on XDA) to support the HDX 8.9 community?
    Thank you :)

I figured out how to build the keyboard. The command is 'make LatinIME' issued from the root of the source tree. Just need to work out the changes required now.

Thank you for all the support and information you provide here.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk
    Camera working in 1.2!

Camera works in 1.2 now w/ google hangouts and everything. Thanks so much ggow, this is an amazing rom.