The Good and Bad LG Software Features

Search This thread

sabret00the

Apr 15, 2011
London
s00techified.wordpress.com
This is a thread for those coming from an AOSP ROM like Vanilla Android or CyanogenMod or even from other OEM overlays like Sense. What would you say are the good and LG features?

For me, good:
  • Heads up display implantation of incoming calls when screen is on that ensures you don't break your workflow.
  • Little hovering window to show a call is in loudspeaker in the background with the time on it
  • Though almost standardised, having call controls in the notification drawer

Bad:
  • Auto expanded notifications
  • Unable to disable the clips tray
  • Unable to remove toggles from within the drawer
  • Battery percentage being to the left of the battery
  • Unable to customise lockscreen
  • Implementation of software navigation keys breaks functions like hiding the keyboard
  • Customisation of the share intent with everything being ticked all the time

Last edited:
Reactions: death__machine

Protagoras

Feb 26, 2014
London
I only had my phone for half a day, but already some software feature I really like:

• "Clip Tray" (Multi-clipboard).
  • Double-knock to wake and go to sleep (I don't use knock-code, haven't tried it yet)

And something I really don't like:

• Keyboard sluggishness. When I type (using flow), it's always 1 or 2 words behind... I'm going to replace it quickly with Google keyboard or SwiftKey

Last edited:

misiokicio

Jul 4, 2010
Bathgate
I only had my phone for half a day, but already some software feature I really like:

• "Clip Tray" (Multi-clipboard).
  • Double-knock to wake and go to sleep (I don't use knock-code, haven't tried it yet)

And something I really don't like:

• Keyboard sluggishness. When I type (using flow), it's always 1 or 2 words behind... I'm going to replace it quickly with Google keyboard or SwiftKey

Agree with you about the keyboard... I hate it. I was using s4 with keyboard ported from s5. Is sluggish and i keep typing space more often..

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

Bilhouse

Apr 14, 2011
I really like the keyboard. Haven't tried swipe input on it yet. Overall i'm really impressed by the UI. Its got great flat icons, beautiful selection of wallpapers and lots of options to customise.

Knock on and knock code are great. Clip tray is a very useful feature and the popup reply notifications for the messaging app are really handy and have stopped me from using Hangouts as my main SMS app.

The downsides so far are no search on server within the email app and no option to show the weather on the smart notice widget without turning on GPS. Also for some reason LG took out the wireless storage feature from the G2 which was very useful. They should have kept it.

dhkx

Sep 29, 2012
Bad:

• When adding contacts, the default option is to add to "Phone" with no way of changing it.
  • Oversharpening of text. More obvious on certain fonts with black text on white background.
  • Camera options are way too limited.

Overall I'm quite happy with the software. Looks pretty good and some of the added features are quite useful.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a thread for those coming from an AOSP ROM like Vanilla Android or CyanogenMod or even from other OEM overlays like Sense. What would you say are the good and LG features?

For me, good:
    • Heads up display implantation of incoming calls when screen is on that ensures you don't break your workflow.
    • Little hovering window to show a call is in loudspeaker in the background with the time on it
    • Though almost standardised, having call controls in the notification drawer

Bad:
    • Auto expanded notifications
    • Unable to disable the clips tray
    • Unable to remove toggles from within the drawer
    • Battery percentage being to the left of the battery
    • Unable to customise lockscreen
    • Implementation of software navigation keys breaks functions like hiding the keyboard
    • Customisation of the share intent with everything being ticked all the time