[Q]sm-n9005 imei null baseband unknown

Search This thread

myunlocking

Jun 21, 2014
i have sm-n9005

i wish to update 4.3 to 4.4.2
but it give fails
then i flash it with pit 32 gb
after flash it give memory error .i reset it and then it turns on but now baseband is unknown and imei null

any idea what to do?

kadoge

Sep 13, 2007
Paris
Try to know your original CSC

I am in the same case.

After trying every solution I found, there is no way to solve this brick if you don't have an EFS backup.

So you can try 2 solutions ...

1 buy an other note 3 with an other problem but with working motherboard
2 try to fix with the original version of ROM but not sure that it will work

Therefore, if you find a solution, we are many people here that are in the same case

regards

Louthieu

Aug 28, 2014
Solution that worked for me and info on a few other options

I just survived the imei null/no baseband ritual many of us suspiciously had to go through with the UFNG2 update.

Nandroid backup got corrupted after external hdd got corrupted which made the softbrick experience that much more fun
and all my EFS backups were damaged or gone. .

-The UGNG1 update fixed this particular problem for me (and introduced me to bluetooth issues this time around).
* Reflashing modem with modem.bin file before the update didn't help.
* Neither did flashing with the latest modem files which gave me a binary error.
But perhaps you will have better luck like others so check this thread http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/general/ref-galaxy-note-3-sm-n9005-gsm-modems-t2842806 to find the files.
* The Efs professional tool could not connect to the phone due to COM being inaccessible.
When flashing stockfirmwares and the modem odin would also display error message in regards to this.
Do check it out thouhttp://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/orig-development/tool-updated-09-06-14-efs-professional-t1308546.

After too many hours wasted only QPST v2.7 Build 4.11 seemed to overcome the Locked/inaccessible com problem
It accessed it and i could see it in the device manager of windows so after hours and hours of getting no where this seemed like my best bet.

But then the firmware news reached me and i went for the more familiar way.
£ when flashing the NG1 firmware i also added the HOS and modem file in odin (CSC).
The error message regarding locked com appeared in the odin log.
I assume that happened because odin first flashed the mobile.bin i added in CSC before the firmware file got to it.

So the NG1 firmware update saved my life as it removed residual buginess from the firmware flashing to get out of softbrick.
But at the same time i truelly regret ever upgrading from android 4.3 and do not recommend it due to other issues popping up
and frankly i see no REAL improvements or changes that are worth the trouble.

Best of luck!