Use APKTool on Android!

Search This thread

ElRongMcBong

Apr 27, 2013
Neuss
Thx, i test it, but its dont work again.
Then i change the Kernel...and its work :)
I think the StockKernel make problem, but its no problem for me.
I never use the StockKernel...i only use the StockKernel if i need AllShare for play EmulatorGames on my TV :)

Reactions: marjune23

ummarrkhan

I don't have my own computer, so I was poking around looking for a solution to work with apk files on my phone and found this:

http://code.google.com/p/apktool/

The apktool folder has to be in the root of your sd card. I was able to successfully decompile and recompile my framework-res.apk with no errors.

Instructions:
Download the archive apktool4.0_armhf.zip from http://code.google.com/p/apktool/downloads/list
Download the updated apk file Apktool4.0.apk as well
Extract/unzip archive to /sdcard/apktool
Install the updated Apktool4.0.apk
Open app from app drawer, and have fun using it! :)

So please try this out, and let me know what you think! :)

how to extract boot.img files Im getting error while extracting i.e,
[not found]
[not found]

akhbh

Jan 15, 2014
Varanasi
OnePlus 8T
doesn't work on galaxy pocket...

gives this error:

/data/data/per.pqy.apktool/mydata/apktool2.sh: line 6: /data/data/per.pqy.apktool/lix/jvm/java-7-openjdk-armhf/jre/bin/java: not found

What is going wrong?

ummarrkhan

I have tried it but that doesn't work. Is there a need to install something? It also says decompiling finished along with this message.....

Im also using galaxy pocket and its working. Im using 4.1 version
did u extract zip and placed apktool folder in sdcard root like this
/sd card/apktool and set this folder as apktool data folder?
try Reboot ur device

akhbh

Jan 15, 2014
Varanasi
OnePlus 8T
Already did a reboot......

Im also using galaxy pocket and its working. Im using 4.1 version
did u extract zip and placed apktool folder in sdcard root like this
/sd card/apktool and set this folder as apktool data folder?
try Reboot ur device

I already tried that but still no luck..........
I've apktool v4.4
It seems that there is no bin folder in
sdcard/apktool/jvm/java-7-openjdk-armhf/jre/

Can you please give me your bin files???? Zip them and attach them. I request you....

Last edited:

rushic24

Apr 21, 2012
When i decompile framework-res.apk it says
ERROR "Could not decode file,replacing by FALSE*value "

other apks are decompiling well plz help

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

rushic24

Apr 21, 2012
I overcame the above proglem by putting the apk in system folder and then decompiling it:)

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

Aleemk9

Jan 19, 2014
Mahrashtra,aurangabad
I don't have my own computer, so I was poking around looking for a solution to work with apk files on my phone and found this:

The apktool folder has to be in the root of your sd card. I was able to successfully decompile and recompile my framework-res.apk with no errors.

Instructions:
Download the archive apktool4.0_armhf.zip from http://code.google.com/p/apktool/downloads/list

So please try this out, and let me know what you think! :)[/QUOTE
recompiling problem after edit any smali file

kaikupascual

Nov 15, 2012
Hello!

I have installed the last version on my 4.1.2/CyanogenMod 10 Android, the apktool folder in root SD Card, and apk installed...

With same aplications, for example... mmm Camera FX, work wihtout problems, move the .apk to one folder in the SD, and open ApkTool and browse the .apk to modify, pick and select Decompile All, work fine and next of modify, Recompile, work good!!

The problem is... with System .apk, like as SystemUI.apk, Settings.apk... with this System apk I obtained error when decompile this .apk... in the dialog windowd, show: W: Could not decode attr value............. 0X65869597575 for example...

Any solution for that???, I try in CM11 KitKat ROM, and more of the same... W: Could.... bla bla.... and Brut- Android.... bla bla...:confused:

hippiesky

Aug 27, 2013
Tried to modify my settings. Got everything to work even got it to open but after I reboot the app is gone. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

ElRongMcBong

Apr 27, 2013
Neuss
Hello, i have the follow Problem:
Yesterday i upgrade my Note3 (i9005) to Android 4.2.2...
I root it, flash a custom Recovery (CWM), flash a custom Kernel (X-Note) and flash a Custom Rom (BobCat)
Then i install busybox (v1.22.1) over the App Busybox Pro.
Few minuts ago i wanna decomplie a app, but the Apktool say to me: sh: applet not found
If ther everyone to help me, that apktool works again to me?!

kaikupascual

Nov 15, 2012
Hello again!

I understood a one thing...

Copy to one folder in your SD Card, your "Framework-Res.apk" (system/framework) and with Apktool, select this .apk and select "Import as framework", this option make a "link" needed for compile/descompile apps of system like as SystemUI.apk, Settings.apk...

Before of make this, when decompile SystemUI.apk obtain a error "W: Could not decode attr value..." and after of "Import as framework..." decompile and compile SystemUI.apk correctly!

More details about from this aplication???, busybox is needed for use Apktool??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Instructions:

So please try this out, and let me know what you think! :)
    Yeah I can't download it

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Either i can access it or I get patched version since it says "vip" on rebuild but it works. Idk can you post the apk u have

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Here you go dude. I can't believe there is such a powerful app. With all my respect to the apktool, but you really don't need it anymore. Well as always it's a matter of taste.
    Credits to the_dise for His mod, which my modded apk is based on.
    Editing the AndroidManifest.xml like a pro in less than a minute. :fingers-crossed:
    which is the latest version ???. thanks

I have seen the version 6.0.1 can be???

Enviado desde mi ZP951 mediante Tapatalk

The latest version is 5.2.0 as far as I know

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Hi again,
    Want to be able to build it myself, so I can fix and extend it. :)
    Do you know how one could contact the Dev?

Hey, the dev was pqy330.... But I can't see the mobile apktool repository in his github now, so maybe he left or handed over.... I'm not clear on the whole thing as many people exported the original source from Google code so it's kinda extremely hard to trace the real one from outside, I'm also not sure who built the latest versions, pqy330 or someone else as I don't looks to be able to trace anyone with v5.2.0.... Your best bet would be contacting pqy330 in github by commenting in one of his repositories..... And also a personal best of luck from me :)
    ABSOLUTELY DOPE. Now I can theme/dev while anywhere.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II