[Help]Can't Upgrade or Format!

Search This thread

xxfa110utxx

Apr 15, 2012
Hello i just bought a a100 today and i went to upgrade it and it downloaded. When it boot it said Recovery verified failed spin forever. i just pulled it out of a sealed box and everything whats going on i even tried to load a rom from an sd no luck.
Please help!

xxfa110utxx

Apr 15, 2012
I took it out of the box turned it on, went through the setup and then i went to update and plugged it in.

xxfa110utxx

Apr 15, 2012
Ok, that's OTA. You could try resetting the device via the pinhole. If that doesn't work then download the ICS leak (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1510706) and rename it to "update". After that, place it on your external sd card and boot into recovery.

Tried that it I get.
erasing cache before SD update...
SD update cmd:recovery
--update_package=SDCARD:update.zip
Recovery verified failed ...
spin forever

NoSudo

Feb 2, 2012
Kalifornia
just boots me back to android 3.2. Does any micro sd work i have a lexar class 10 32GB. Do you think its something wrong with the recovery. kinda weird if it was.

Well I just upgraded from 3.2 gen 2 a few minutes ago. I posted here exactly what I did set by step and what happened. I even shot some pics and a little video with my little cannon powershot SD500. I will post the pics for instructional use later on.

I would suggest you try to verify the copy of the update you have as I did. Both before and after the copy to the SD card to ensure the copy ON the card IS the same.
md5check = 61db347f9137196b936b6a3aa6c5e5f8 Acer_AV041_A100_1.012.00_WW_GEN1.zip

It wouldnt hurt to try another SD card if you have one. I have heard people run into issues doing firmware upgrades with 32 GB SD cards before on A100.

Top Liked Posts